Reggie Bush

deep2evans

what can you say about this guy tonight. shades of USC.

He was actually one small step of fatigue from having three punt return TD's tonight. He fell down (and had daylight) on the middle return of the two he returned for TD's.

New Orleans was all Bush tonight. And all on Punt Returns. In contrast, how about Antoine Winfield. Without him tonight, the Vikes probably have 6 points.

Two great efforts.

not to take anything away, but he's getting great blocking from special teams

Well, you just did. The first TD was all him. He made a parallel cut and burst around the initial wall and created his own lane that was just amazing.

Well, you just did. The first TD was all him. He made a parallel cut and burst around the initial wall and created his own lane that was just amazing.

For my money Parrish is still the best and most consistent punt returner in the NFL...

Those were some nice returns by Bush tho...

For my money Parrish is still the best and most consistent punt returner in the NFL...

Those were some nice returns by Bush tho...

I love Parrish - but if you're from any other NFL city, you'd take Hester and Bush over him.

Wow! Is right. What a great night he's having. He's finally starting to show why he was the second pick in the draft.

Fortunately I have enough points to absorb his production against my FF opponent who has him. :nana:

Having the most catches of any player in history to start his career wasn't enough??? The guy is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball. Defenses and special teams have to game plan around him. He was well worth the #2 overall pick.

I love Parrish - but if you're from any other NFL city, you'd take Hester and Bush over him.

Why? He led the NFL in punt return average last year and is leading it again this year...

Again...he is the most consistent punt returner in the NFL...his returns are almost always 10+ yards...both Hester and Bush get tackled before going anywhere much more often than Parrish...

Having the most catches of any player in history to start his career wasn't enough??? The guy is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball. Defenses and special teams have to game plan around him. He was well worth the #2 overall pick.

McCallister injured himself on September, 24 last year and was put on IR. Bush couldn't break a 1000 yards rushing and receiving combined. He had 998 yards. That's what I would call a disappointment. That would be disappointing for a third rounder, IMO.

He does pose a lot of different problems for a defense and for special teams, but...

McCallister injured himself on September, 24 last year and was put on IR. Bush couldn't break a 1000 yards rushing and receiving combined. He had 998 yards. That's what I would call a disappointment. That would be disappointing for a third rounder, IMO.

Bottom line, as long as the Saints realize that what they have in Bush is a terrific flanker, then they should be okay w/ him. He's not an every down RB that can beat you by running the ball 25 times a game, but w/ his versatility, he can cause the kind of mismatches that make defending 'Nawlins a tough task. All of that is dependent on the Saints having someone in there, though, that can carry the ball a good amount of times like Deuce.

To put it short, he is to 'Nawlins what Raghib Ismail was to "that school" back in the day.

Sounds like Bush had a great game

I always found him overhyped. For a RB taken #2 overall, which was considered too low for him since they expected him to go #1 overall, I expected more from him. As a RB, he doesn't impress me much, as an extra WR out of the backfield, he is really good.

I didn't even know he was returning punts until I heard he ran back 2 last night. I would never expect the #2 overall pick in the draft 3 years ago to still be playing special teams. I would take the Bills return guys over Bush as a return man, but I do agree, fans around the league would probably take Hester as a return man over Roscoe, only because of all of Hesters TD returns