Kurt Warner walks on water (post two)

RLflutie7

my problem is that players seem to think that god/jesus helped them and said FU to the other team....why is that losing players dont stop and thank god/jesus for helping them lose....they should keep religion and sports segregatted,,,my opinion is church and everything should be segregatted

I like when players pray before a game deciding FG.."Come on Jesus...make him mmmmmisss..you know you like us better..."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like when players pray before a game deciding FG.."Come on Jesus...make him mmmmmisss..you know you like us better..."

Post game comment from the losers' locker room: "We had the game won, until Jesus made me fumble. God hates our team."

so explain why he has to compete for starter jobs and was considered to be #2 on most teams..the only reason hes playing now is because Leinhart isnt playing good...if Warner is a top 10 QB he shouldnt have to worry about competition and he should know hes the starter untill somebody beats him out not the other way arround...and no im not asking in a smart-ass way...why would teams not use him like if he was favre or something with those #'s..there has to be something wrong with him thats makes teams not go 100% with him

1st rounders are given more credit than they are worth. They are started or push to start even if they aren't as good. This happens all the time. If you aren't aware of this you should be.

Why don't Muslim players bow toward Mecca after touchdowns?

What about Druids?

Thank your Deity in your heart and mind. If you shove it in everyones face, I don't like your actions even if we are on the same side. It's just legalized showboating IMO.

To quote Marv:

"Act like you've been there before."

Didn't someone in football (not necessarily NFL) get pictured giving gang signs after a touchdown?

1st rounders are given more credit than they are worth. They are started or push to start even if they aren't as good. This happens all the time. If you aren't aware of this you should be.

That's why he was beat out in St Louis by a former 6th round pick who was on a couple of practice squads :wallbash:

Most fumbles in a career: Warren Moon (Hall of Fame) 161, Brett Farve 147 (Hall of Fame), plus he rules the world in INTs, Dave Kreig 153 (should be in the Hall of Fame) 9th all time TDs thrown (according to his website).

Anyone who says David Kreig should be in the Hall of Fame needs to take that football class they give at Ralph Wilson Stadium. That's just absurd!

That's why he was beat out in St Louis by a former 6th round pick who was on a couple of practice squads :wallbash:

He was playing with a bad thumb for 2 years. His stats the year before bare this out in He wasn't beat out as much as he was injured. When he started for the Giants they were the worst team in football and he still had a 86.5 rating. Of course facts suck when Manning had a 55.4 rating but was started.

You should at least grasp the issue before making the Bulger argument.

He was playing with a bad thumb for 2 years. His stats the year before bare this out in He wasn't beat out as much as he was injured. When he started for the Giants they were the worst team in football and he still had a 86.5 rating. Of course facts suck when Manning had a 55.4 rating but was started.

You should at least grasp the issue before making the Bulger argument.

Worst team in football? The Giants were 5-4 when Warner was benched in 2004. You should at least grasp the fact that a 5-4 record does not make you "the worst team in football" before making the Warner argument.

The story is that the Giants, the team you called "the worst team in football" started the 2004 season 4-1. After dropping 3 of the next 4 games, Tom Coughlin decided to give up on trying to make the playoffs and point to the future. He switched to Eli Manning in part because he was in his 1st season of a multi-year contract and knew he could look to the future without risking his job. The switch was not favored by the veterans on the team who were looking to make the playoffs. His decision was vindicated as the Giants won the division in 2005 and have made the playoffs in all 3 seasons that Eli Manning was the full season starter and of course, won Super Bowl XLII.

Worst team in football? The Giants were 5-4 when Warner was benched in 2004. You should at least grasp the fact that a 5-4 record does not make you "the worst team in football" before making the Warner argument.

The story is that the Giants, the team you called "the worst team in football" started the 2004 season 4-1. After dropping 3 of the next 4 games, Tom Coughlin decided to give up on trying to make the playoffs and point to the future. He switched to Eli Manning in part because he was in his 1st season of a multi-year contract and knew he could look to the future without risking his job. The switch was not favored by the veterans on the team who were looking to make the playoffs. His decision was vindicated as the Giants won the division in 2005 and have made the playoffs in all 3 seasons that Eli Manning was the full season starter and of course, won Super Bowl XLII.

Giants had the 4th worst record the year before and they were 5-4 when Warner was benched correct, and ended the year 6-10. That means they won 1 game over the next 7 games. Eli was 1-7 as a starter. I know they were looking at the future, but my POINT was that with Warner they were BETTER that year. That started Eli because he was #1 overall.

The same thing happened on many other teams and it has no reflection on the play of the QB, which was my point.

I almost wonder how you miss the obvious.

Maybe they don't like him because he answers to a higher power, and he lets people know. Wasn't it his wife's parents (maybe his?) who were killed in a tornado? And I think she was ill? And all this before he got his big NFL break? He's sorta been through the ringer and seems truly grateful for "divine intervention" that lined everything up for him to get his break in the NFL.

I fing Kurt Schilling MUCH more irritating than Warner.

I remember after The Comeback, they press were clamoring for Frank Reich to say something profound. He first thanked Jesus, his family etc ... and then he said "ok, I'll answer your football questions now".

Or maybe it was after the Rams MNF game...but I think it was The Comeback.

Whatever. Just don't ram your religion down my throat. Warner's a good QB and the Bills need to take the Lards seriously.

Kurt Warner is not a turnover machine and you know it.

When you said he had 80 fumbles in 104 starts you were implying that he had lost 80 fumbles. He's lost only 36 fumbles in his whole career. Plus, he has only one year with over 20 ints and his number of sacks is way below others . . . like Elway . . . another one of my favorites . . . I also did more research and you are wrong about the fumbles thing.

Most fumbles in a career: Warren Moon (Hall of Fame) 161, Brett Farve 147 (Hall of Fame), plus he rules the world in INTs, Dave Kreig 153 (should be in the Hall of Fame) 9th all time TDs thrown (according to his website).

I did an edit on this post to add the info.

Stupid. Warren Moon and Brett Favre have played and 208 and 261 games respectively. Kurt Warner has played 98. Making that comparison is almost as stupid as comparing Kurt Warner to Brett Fav......oh wait.

Whatever. Just don't ram your religion down my throat. Warner's a good QB and the Bills need to take the Lards seriously.

So you're ok with freedom of speech as long as it doesn't apply to God. Got it and love the consistency of libs.

It's truly pathetic when libs blast what they call theocracy as it "prevents" freedom of speech, but the moment there is freedom of speech they resent everything as being shoved or rammed down their throats that they disagree with.

Anyways, expect Warner to be a big threat unless we throw some great blitz packages at the guy and get him early. I've always admired him and he probably is the best good guy in the NFL. He sent a friend of mine, a D-II QB, a response to his letter with a personally hand-written letter telling him to try everyday and gave him an autographed jersey to inspire him just because my friend wrote he was his inspiration.

The guy is someone we should all celebrate in the league, but alas secularists hate his "God-thing" so he should be bashed. Maybe your blind hatred should make you respect such people who are typically the best examples in a screwed up league.

So you're ok with freedom of speech as long as it doesn't apply to God. Got it and love the consistency of libs.

It's truly pathetic when libs blast what they call theocracy as it "prevents" freedom of speech, but the moment there is freedom of speech they resent everything as being shoved or rammed down their throats that they disagree with.

Speaking of pathetic...

If you ever paused to listen, most athletes who give a public testimony of thanks are not thanking for the win, but for their ability, for the opportunity to be there, and for the moment. In my opinion, if you think a two second statement of thanks is shoving religion down your throat, you are extremely thin skinned. "I would like to thank Jesus Christ". What precisely did that ask for you to do? Believe in Christ? No. Like Jesus? No. Become a Christian? No. Perhaps at best tolerate something that you despise or disagree with for a few seconds, and then life moves on. When someone prays silently during a last second attempt, how do you know what the content of the prayer is? How do you know they are praying? During the Raiders game, I had my head bowed and eyes closed, but it wasn't prayer. It was because of the Dallas game last year and many other close calls recently. I just couldn't watch it. That being said, the premise that KW is under-rated because of his statements of faith is just non-sense. He has had some great years, and is a good QB. He is not one of the top ten all-time. It is too early in the season to list the top ten of right now. Based on the first 4 weeks would you include Peyton Manning? By the end of the season will he be included? Count me among those who have an uneasy feeling about this game, and KW is part of the reason. If we start as slowly as we have been, and he comes out hot, it may get out of hand.

Stupid. Warren Moon and Brett Favre have played and 208 and 261 games respectively. Kurt Warner has played 98. Making that comparison is almost as stupid as comparing Kurt Warner to Brett Fav......oh wait.

So should we not compare say Gale Sayers or Terrel Davis to the likes of Emmit Smith because they didn't play nearly as many games?