Just watched it. And it hurts... it still hurts.

I said I wouldn't watch. I said I'll just watch a little bit, until the kick. I watched the kick sail wide STILL trying to somehow will it to go through.

Yes, it would have been great to win one. For the city and the players of what was THE greatest team to never win the title. I am convinced of that.

But somehow, after taking that program in, I wonder, will this just make the day when the Bills win the Super Bowl that much better? When all the bitter memories and mocking laughter from jackasses who don't have a clue what it's like to suffer as we have suffered are washed away? When the day comes when we will be redeemed, when the Bills will be finally on top? Won't it be even better?

And take this to heart my friends, when that day comes, and it WILL come, the day the team brings that trophy back to the city, the fans of Buffalo will show America what a REAL celebration is. We will show them a crowd in the streets the likes of which this country has never seen...

MadCap....I'll be with ya in that parade and celebration...

It might be -12* in Buffalo that February day, but no one will notice.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they can have the current team watch that. I know Trent mentioned after the Oakland game that he really doesn't know much about the history of the franchise. This would be a great history lesson and motivator I think.

I hope they can have the current team watch that. I know Trent mentioned after the Oakland game that he really doesn't know much about the history of the franchise. This would be a great history lesson and motivator I think.

Great program.

First time I've watched a replay of the kick.

Still hurts.

Wish they would have put some of the footage from the Welcome Back Rally in Niagara Rally.

I can still hear the the chants, SCOTTY SCOTTY SCOTTY, and see the tears in his eyes.

Is it me, or does that season from 1990 compare to whats happening this year?

Yes, I was thinking that myself. Watching Talley on that program makes him my favorite Bills player ever now. I always loved the guy but you could tell it really, really bothered him. I could imagine someone like Bruce Smith telling that story with little emotion or regret.

I still cant watch it either.

"Where would you rather be, than right here, right now"

"Why did Hitler lose WW2? He couldnt win on the road"

It is hard to believe that a team with so much talent could not close the deal. Bottom line is they were outcoached in the game and the Giants offensive line played beyond their abilities.

I simply pray that I will be alive when we finally get the Lombardi Trophy. My doctor suggests that I may have forty to fifty years. However, these fourth quarter comeback victories are reducing that time in leaps. :lol:

I think they definitely would have won at least 1 more if they beat the Giants.

The thing I think about is what may have happened the season before if Ronnie Harmon hadn't dropped the :lol: ball in Cleveland. The Bills would have gone into Denver for the Conference Championship game. Sure they were young, but anything could have happened.

I personally think we'd have had a better chance to win it all in 1988. If we hadn't wilted in the second half of that Cinci game, I've liked our chances against the 49ers. In 1989, we'd've still had to win in Mile High. That's always a dicey proposition.

I'm thinking of it more like 1988.

I totally agree. OK offense, great defense, clutch kicking and special teams. That line describes the Bills in 2008 (so far) and 1988.

I agree, i think great things are on the horizon for this team,barring injuries,specifically in the qb position.If Trent stays healthy the skys the limit,but if Jp has to step in well thats another story.

rofl, someone always has to take their shot at losman. moving right along...

i didn't get a chance to catch this.. moving and all. :/

I'm thinking of it more like 1988.

I'm with you on that one.

Note that we also started that season 4-0 with a bunch of nailbiters, then went on the road and got pasted by an NFC team (the Bears). Hmm.

On the plus side, we managed to finally beat New England that year (twice!) after having lost 11 straight to them previously. Here's hoping for the same.

I personally think we'd have had a better chance to win it all in 1988. If we hadn't wilted in the second half of that Cinci game, I've liked our chances against the 49ers. In 1989, we'd've still had to win in Mile High. That's always a dicey proposition.

I totally agree. OK offense, great defense, clutch kicking and special teams. That line describes the Bills in 2008 (so far) and 1988.

Worst part about '88 was losing the pathetic Colts late that forced us on the road to Cincy in the playoffs. We were both undefeated at home that year, IIRC.

Terrible call against Bruce for supposedly grabbing Boomers face mask during a sack but he actually smacked him in the upper chest and it looked like he hit his facemask. 3rd down stop turned into a 1st down which led to a TD. dammit!!

Hell, how about 1980?? If they don't give up that late TD vs. the Chargers they have Oakland at home in the AFC title game.

Lotta missed opportunities throughout the years.

is that where derrick burroughs hit that Wr on a crucial play?

Yes it is. Conlan had knifed through for a good tackle for a loss, setting up third and goal from further back, I believe. That made a stop possible. Instead of a FG that would have made it 17-10, however, they got a first down and goal because DB lost his cool and punched a Cincy WR.

Hell, how about 1980?? If they don't give up that late TD vs. the Chargers they have Oakland at home in the AFC title game.

Lotta missed opportunities throughout the years.

Especially since poor Charlie Romes dropped an INT the play before Fouts hit Smith for the TD...

Sigh...

They all hurt, man. Every one of them.

Especially since poor Charlie Romes dropped an INT the play before Fouts hit Smith for the TD...

Sigh...

They all hurt, man. Every one of them.

*sigh* indeed. Charlie Romes....i do remember that well. And Fergie trying despartely to bring them back in the last two minutes on that ankle. :lol: That game was my first real Bills heartbreak.

*sigh* indeed. Charlie Romes....i do remember that well. And Fergie trying despartely to bring them back in the last two minutes on that ankle. :lol: That game was my first real Bills heartbreak.

I was just going to say (I typed it, canceled it, and read the new posts) that they'd have had a hard time with the Raiders since Fergy was playing on one leg, but wasn't sure my memory was correct. I was 10, and that was my first heartbreak, too...

I have never watched it again. I only saw it once when I watched it live. I can still remember it as vividly as last weeks game. Aaaarggh. Maybe when the Bills win a Super Bowl, I'll go back and revisit those 4 games. Revisit is the wrong word. I've revisited them a million times ian my head. I mean rewatch.

Of all the plays talked about in that game, the one that haunts me isn't Smith not forcing a fumble on the safety, the play where Ingram broke 20 tackles on 3rd and long, or Reed's 2nd half drops.

It was the wasted play after the Bills used their last time out. They had around 50 seconds left, clock stopped, and had just pushed into Giants territory. Then came that useless dump to McKeller that gained 4 or 5 yards and ate up about half the time left on the clock. It was a bad pass, and I almost think Kelly was trying to throw it away. Instead, McKeller reached down and grabbed it off the top of his shoe. They lost 20-25 seconds, didn't gain much at all, and the play was reviewed which gave the Giants time to set their defense. I believe the next, and last play from scrimmage was that Thomas draw play.