What needs to happen for the Bills...

bobinaz

I am a little worried about this game, more so that the Jags and Rams game. The Cardinals are coming home embarrassed after two road losses. After seeing what the Redskins did to Dallas, it was no fluke they beat the Cardinals. As for the Jets, I think the Bills defense is better and shouldn't let Warner air it out so much. But this could be the game where the Cardinals get it going at home and try to get momentum for their next game against Dallas. Here are some things that need to happen for the Bills to win. This is going to be a close game and the entire team is going to have to come out of the gate fast.

First off, the run game. McIntyre needs to start. I know he was just signed this week, but they need a big bruising Mack Truck (his nickname) to pave the way. I don't think JW or DS is the answer at FB.

Second, the offensive line, Peters in particular need to watch the penalties, get off to a fast start and open some holes. I know defenses have been rushing 6, sometimes 7 guys to get into TE's grill, but the run game needs to get it going early.

Third, Offensive play calling. I have been really impressed with TS's play calling and half time adjustments, but I think if they do some early play action and roll outs, it'll keep the defense honest.

Fourth, Hardy. He has got to get the clue light to come on in this game. He has got to get it going and make the necessary route adjustments and catch the damn ball. He had so many chances last week, but couldn't adjust and pull the ball in. If you noticed, TE stopped throwing to him after a while. If he can't do it, then let SJ play. If the offense can't scare the Cards defense with Hardy opposite LE, then it's going to be a long day for TE and the running game.

Fifth, Defensive pressure. The front seven have been playing well, especially in the second half, but they are really going to have to game plan to put pressure on Warner. I hope Fewell has been holding some cards up his sleeve for games such as this. They blitzed a lot in the Seattle game and seemed to have dropped off from it these past few games. Hopefully that has been by design. If Warner gets all day to sit in the pocket, then the secondary is going to get burned.

Sixth, Special teams. I see them continuing their trend this weekend. But a return for a TD or setting up the offense with a short field will go a long way. The defense can help with the shorter field as well by limiting the Cards in yardage.

Lastly, the 12th man!!!!!! I will be at the game with several others from TSW. The last time I watched the Bills play the Cardinals was in 1999 and we won. The play I remember most was the on side kick attempt and Henry Jones caught it on the bounce and took it in for a TD. There were so many more Bills fans than Cardinals. The place rocked with noise when the Cards offense took the field and the Bills running game took it the house. We need some noise this weekend and I hope all you SOCAL Bills fans, and every other Bills fan are there.

Here's to 5-0 baby!!!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Guest dog14787
I am a little worried about this game, more so that the Jags and Rams game. The Cardinals are coming home embarrassed after two road losses. After seeing what the Redskins did to Dallas, it was no fluke they beat the Cardinals. As for the Jets, I think the Bills defense is better and shouldn't let Warner air it out so much. But this could be the game where the Cardinals get it going at home and try to get momentum for their next game against Dallas. Here are some things that need to happen for the Bills to win. This is going to be a close game and the entire team is going to have to come out of the gate fast.

First off, the run game. McIntyre needs to start. I know he was just signed this week, but they need a big bruising Mack Truck (his nickname) to pave the way. I don't think JW or DS is the answer at FB.

Second, the offensive line, Peters in particular need to watch the penalties, get off to a fast start and open some holes. I know defenses have been rushing 6, sometimes 7 guys to get into TE's grill, but the run game needs to get it going early.

Third, Offensive play calling. I have been really impressed with TS's play calling and half time adjustments, but I think if they do some early play action and roll outs, it'll keep the defense honest.

Fourth, Hardy. He has got to get the clue light to come on in this game. He has got to get it going and make the necessary route adjustments and catch the damn ball. He had so many chances last week, but couldn't adjust and pull the ball in. If you noticed, TE stopped throwing to him after a while. If he can't do it, then let SJ play. If the offense can't scare the Cards defense with Hardy opposite LE, then it's going to be a long day for TE and the running game.

Fifth, Defensive pressure. The front seven have been playing well, especially in the second half, but they are really going to have to game plan to put pressure on Warner. I hope Fewell has been holding some cards up his sleeve for games such as this. They blitzed a lot in the Seattle game and seemed to have dropped off from it these past few games. Hopefully that has been by design. If Warner gets all day to sit in the pocket, then the secondary is going to get burned.

Sixth, Special teams. I see them continuing their trend this weekend. But a return for a TD or setting up the offense with a short field will go a long way. The defense can help with the shorter field as well by limiting the Cards in yardage.

Lastly, the 12th man!!!!!! I will be at the game with several others from TSW. The last time I watched the Bills play the Cardinals was in 1999 and we won. The play I remember most was the on side kick attempt and Henry Jones caught it on the bounce and took it in for a TD. There were so many more Bills fans than Cardinals. The place rocked with noise when the Cards offense took the field and the Bills running game took it the house. We need some noise this weekend and I hope all you SOCAL Bills fans, and every other Bills fan are there.

Here's to 5-0 baby!!!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Great Post, yell your lungs out my brother for all of us that can't be there with you, we know you will do us all proud :thumbsup:

I wonder what the oddsmakers are thinking. The Cardinals are favored over the Bills by 1/2 a point -- a virtual pick 'em game.

Why do they think the Cactus Wrens will keep it that close? Is it the fact that McGee is out and the Bills may have a rookie covering one of their best WRs?

I wonder what the oddsmakers are thinking. The Cardinals are favored over the Bills by 1/2 a point -- a virtual pick 'em game.

Why do they think the Cactus Wrens will keep it that close? Is it the fact that McGee is out and the Bills may have a rookie covering one of their best WRs?

Maybe since the Bills have had to rely on 4th quarter drama to win and haven't been consistent in all four quarters?

you just about covered it.I will be there along with 40 other Las Vegas bills faithful screamin our heads off. Prediction:Bills 24 Cards 17.

Awesome. I heard there is a huge Bills Backers Club in the Phoenix valley. We have one here in Tucson, but I don't know how many are going to make it.

People are afraid of the Cardinals Offensive Arial Attack with Boldin and Fitzgerald. The Cardsinals have scored alot of points on poor defenses. Ranking wise i think the Bills have the best defense the Cardinals have faced this year. At least on paper.

That's it? That's all 1/2 a point? When home field automatically gets 3 points ....

OMG I can't believe people complaining the Bills are underdogs.

The cards are home that usually gives them 3 points anyway right? Long distance trip for the Bills we havent beaten anybody (besides those two playoff teams and an underatted raiders team o and desperate rams team)

The Bills are overratted i hear too so ya it looks like its cards all the way

^Sarcasm

Maybe since the Bills have had to rely on 4th quarter drama to win and haven't been consistent in all four quarters?

Ouch, Baby. Definitely Ouch.

However, I agree.

I'm confident about us winning, but I am not comfortably about relying on a 4th quarter comeback, if we should need it.

I love our Bills, but do you really see them putting a lot of pressure on Warner?

ADDITIONAL NOTE: I know we have had a lot of guys step up when needed, but I get the feeling that when we win this game, we are going to need somebody to step up and shine greater than any other time this season.

Fore example; a 100+ yard day by Lynch (with hopefully better run blocking), or 3 TDs and a 300 yard day by Edwards, or a day where the defense went just nuts and got to Warner 5-6 times.

Ouch, Baby. Definitely Ouch.

However, I agree.

I'm confident about us winning, but I am not comfortably about relying on a 4th quarter comeback, if we should need it.

I love our Bills, but do you really see them putting a lot of pressure on Warner?

ADDITIONAL NOTE: I know we have had a lot of guys step up when needed, but I get the feeling that when we win this game, we are going to need somebody to step up and shine greater than any other time this season.

Fore example; a 100+ yard day by Lynch (with hopefully better run blocking), or 3 TDs and a 300 yard day by Edwards, or a day where the defense went just nuts and got to Warner 5-6 times.

I am hoping the Bills won't need to rely on 4th QTR heroics. That's why the need to come out fast and keep the accelerator to the floor the whole game and not let the Cards get close. They really need to keep the pressure on Warner. He gets accident prone and coughs up the ball or throws an interception if he gets out of sync.

We are going to need someone to shine this game....really, Marshawn would have had a 100yrd game last week had it not been for the two penalties. Just as long as they can sustain long drives like they have been and keep the defense fresh, they should be ok.

I think bringing in a FB was a huge mistake from the start (unless he's an above average receiver). That just keys up the defense to play the run (just like using Royal motioning on the LOS all of last year). Lynch doesn't need a FB. Our problem is the lack of running lanes from the front line. Seriously, look at the huge runs both our RB's had in those comeback games and how many times the FB was used (I'd wager none).

This is the ABSOLUTE key. Their receivers can't do a thing if they don't get the ball. If they can beat us with the run, more power to em....I don't think they can. Punish Warner on every snap, hammer him into the ground and he'll turn the ball over. Blitz up the middle a lot- blitz linebackers, blitz safeties, blitz corners.

I am not afraid of Edgerain James behind that line. They are a one-dimensional team.

Regarding the OP's #1 requirement for a Bills W:

IMO, nix the FB, and spread the field. The Bills have had success running out of a spread offense. Dictate the pace, and move the chains.