Al Davis

He reminds me of a more visible "Howard Hughes" a man who was once very important, relavant amd powerful but who has lost touch with reality. Senility?, Certainly he has the right to fire any of his employees , as he has done so many times in recent past, but to refuse to honor the balance of the contract is ludicrus. The man needs "professional" help.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Said he's been fired for "cause." If that holds up means Davis doesn't have to pay him his remaining contact. That's a serious charge and Davis will have to prove some serious negligence or wrongdoing to make it stick. Personally I think the guy has completely lost it ... he's senile and crazy. Team seems doomed until he sells the team or croaks.

Davis is not senile! He knows what he's doing. Why is it that when anyone who is Davis' age says something that younger people disagree with, they declare him senile?

Do you know what Davis is suffering from? -79 years of power and arrogance, thinking he can say or do anything he wants to and get away with it-that's a far cry from senility. Plenty of younger people act the same way-you can find a lot of them in Washington, DC.

As much as I dislike Davis , he owns the team and can do what he likes with the team. If I was James Lofton I would turn down the offer to be head coach. Lofton likes warm weather and at one time lived in Texas and still might .I am sure James will get his chance to be a head coach at a place of his choosing. Gruden and Shanahan ended up pretty well after leaving the Raiders.

Thanks to Davis ,whatever the reason , Kiffin, an unknown , has been brought on the national stage.

But the best part is

THE BILLS 4 -0 YEA!!!!

GO BILLS :rolleyes:

The Raiders may become the first NFL team to have a hard time finding coaches to come work for them. Most coaches at the college and pro level and ultra confident guys, who think they can turn around any program. But I'd bet they're having a hard time getting quality candidates. I can't see why anyone would want to "coach" this team, when the real "coach" is sitting up in the luxury box.

The Raiders may become the first NFL team to have a hard time finding coaches to come work for them. Most coaches at the college and pro level and ultra confident guys, who think they can turn around any program. But I'd bet they're having a hard time getting quality candidates. I can't see why anyone would want to "coach" this team, when the real "coach" is sitting up in the luxury box.

Have you heard of this thing called money? Trust me, they will be able to bring up almost any of the collegiate coaches looking for their break to the big leagues...

I listened to Al's press conference almost in its entirety last night on Sirius, and it was quite the spectical. I've never seen anything that unprofessional in my life.

Now there may be bad blood between Dvis and Kiffin, but you don't fire a guy and then spend an hour in front of the media detailing all the things that you hate about him and telling stories about what happened behind closed doors and in private conversations. You don't like him, fine - fire the guy and release a statement that he has been fired and the the organization is going in a new direction. If asked why he was fired "for cause" and what lead to that, simply say that you aren't going to comment on such things.

By rambling on and giving his side of the story for an hour and putting all the blame on Kiffin I really felt that Davis was hiding from and refusing to take any accountability for the situation. Arguments are never 1 sided - I'm sure not everything Davis said was true.

He tried to blame all the personnel decisions on Kiffin, including letting Randy Moss go for a 4th round pick and then pointing out the gaudy 20+ TDs Randy caught last year. Hello - ever think that Moss had great numbers because he had a great supporting cast and possibly the best QB in the league throwing to him? Who was going to throw Moss 20+ TDs in Oakland? Complete inability to see reality.

In the end Davis owns the team and can do what he wants, but yesterday he showed he is unprofessional, vindictive, unable to shoulder any blame and living in an alternate reality - it was almost comical to hear.

Have you heard of this thing called money? Trust me, they will be able to bring up almost any of the collegiate coaches looking for their break to the big leagues...

that is part of gobillsinytown's point; Davis's reputation as hiring, meddling, firing "with cause" and not paying means that thing called 'no money' will result

Kiffin might win in court, but Shanahan lost that fight a few years ago. Things have changed somewhat since then, but so far it's Davis 1 - Fired Coaches 0

that is part of gobillsinytown's point; Davis's reputation as hiring, meddling, firing "with cause" and not paying means that thing called 'no money' will result

Kiffin might win in court, but Shanahan lost that fight a few years ago. Things have changed somewhat since then, but so far it's Davis 1 - Fired Coaches 0

It's unlikely that Kiffin will not be paid. If that's the case, then he clearly did something irrefutably evil.

How motivating it must be for Raider fans when he said "And we will be back, the Raiders will be back.."

Like their glory years just happened...

Um, they did make the Super Bowl five years ago, and could have made it the year before if not for an atrocious call. And they made they made the championship game the year before that (and lost in part because of a truly dirty play by Tony Siragusa). That's more than can be said for the Bills and many other teams ...