Al Davis

Last i checked Lane Kiffin doesn't sign the contracts or paychecks. If Al Davis is blaming Lane for his poor management of players he is nuts. The Raiders General Manager is Al Davis.

Al Davis has been his own general manager since 1970. He alone makes the personnel decisions.

What's interesting is that Davis didn't even have a majority stake in the Raiders until 2005. He was the general partner from 1970 until that time.

He wants to win two more Super Bowls, then retire, according to the San Jose Mercury News. I have a feeling the Grim Reaper will catch up to him first.

What we're seeing with Al Davis is the final descent of a conniving and ruthless man into madness. It's almost funny, but it is ultimately sad and pathetic at the same time.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said college coaches who are "looking for their break to the big leagues..." obviously I didn't mean Pete Carroll...

Look argue with me, its fine, but that's not my point. My point was that to anyone who thinks no one will want to coach the raiders...well you're crazy. Every coach thinks highly of himself and his ability to coach a team to championships. Therefore no coach who has yet to prove himself will mind as much that Davis is a nut-job, because he knows that if he wins, Davis will not fire him. Its a really simple process. I'm just saying that people will still apply for that job, trust me.

Of course. I don't think anyone thinks that "no one" will want to coach. But the hotshot young coordinators will probably make the calculation that they can hold out for another year and make the jump to a much better situation than the Raiders, and I think a lot of college coaches would think long and hard about whether it was worthwhile to give up their control over recruitment etc. to go to the Raiders vs. hoping for a better college coaching job.

Obviously someone will sign up for it. Hey, Al Davis could always hire me. I'd consider doing it for just $1mil/year.