My Apology Thread

gregkash

I have a few people I was wrong about. That I feel I need to apologize to.

Josh Reed - I'm sorry I never appreciated you. It's just that, all the drops when you were younger, I literally thought you contributed nothing. I'm older and wiser now, and I appreciate all you do. Whether it is blocking downfield or making a clutch catch. I am sorry I thought ill of you, and I would like you to know that I value your contribution to the team.

Terrence McGee - I did not appreciate you either T-Mac. In fact, my Bills Backers organization used to say that the only route a wide receiver had to know to beat you was the "Run at Terrence McGee and turn." Again, in my Ignorance, I judged you prematurely and severely underestimated the importance of your special teams play. I am happy you are still a Bill and was wrong about you being a liability in coverage. I hope in time you can forgive me.

Dick Jauron - When it was time for the Bills to hire a new coach, I threw my lot behind Jim Haslett. I know, I was stupid. I did not think much of you, and in fact I thought your 13-3 record as a coach of Chicago was a major fluke. Now I know how wrong I was about you. If it wasn't for your guidance, our troops would not be starting to blossom as they are. I apologize for questioning the decision to hire you.

I'll reserve judgment until he can prove to make the clutch catches in big games.

your kidding right, Josh third and long Reed has done nothing but make clutch catches.

no doubt......that was definitely a clueless statement. I would say about 75% of the 3rd and long passes have gone Josh's way and caught. For that matter, I don't even remember a pass that he has dropped this year. :lol:

Very good thread and a refreshing reminder that for many of us we are only legends in our own minds.

In fairness, McGee and Parrish took a lot of time to develop into the playmakers they've become. Reed especially, as a 2nd round draft choice. I'd seriously doubt the Bills will be as patient with this years second rounder (5+ years..)

I won't quite apologize, but will certainly give cudos to their remarkable turnarounds!

Go Bills!

Josh Reed

During Josh's first couple of years in the league, if my son dropped a pass while we were playing catch in the backyard I would say 'nice catch Josh'. During the game against Oakland he turned to me and said 'I guess when I drop a pass you can't call me Josh anymore'. :lol:

I'd like to take this time to apologize to Rian Lindell...

After the Pittsburgh game all those years ago, when you missed that field goal... I blamed the Bills missing the playoffs solely on you. I recall calling you "Cryin" Lindell.

Forgive me... you are a great kicker. If we are in the Superbowl with the game on the line, let's say, for a 47 yard field goal in Tampa Bay against a Bill Parcells led Giants team, I'll trust that your kick will split the uprights...

Wait... do I have to apologize to Norwood now??

When we get to apologizing for Tom Donohoe, Mularky, Gregg Williams, Rob Johnson et. al., let me off the bus! :rolleyes:

They owe us an apology, and if it was up to me a refund on whatever I spent during their tenures, since it was so agonizing to endure.

Josh Reed - I'm sorry I never appreciated you. It's just that, all the drops when you were younger, I literally thought you contributed nothing. I'm older and wiser now, and I appreciate all you do. Whether it is blocking downfield or making a clutch catch. I am sorry I thought ill of you, and I would like you to know that I value your contribution to the team.

Terrence McGee - I did not appreciate you either T-Mac. In fact, my Bills Backers organization used to say that the only route a wide receiver had to know to beat you was the "Run at Terrence McGee and turn." Again, in my Ignorance, I judged you prematurely and severely underestimated the importance of your special teams play. I am happy you are still a Bill and was wrong about you being a liability in coverage. I hope in time you can forgive me.

Dick Jauron - When it was time for the Bills to hire a new coach, I threw my lot behind Jim Haslett. I know, I was stupid. I did not think much of you, and in fact I thought your 13-3 record as a coach of Chicago was a major fluke. Now I know how wrong I was about you. If it wasn't for your guidance, our troops would not be starting to blossom as they are. I apologize for questioning the decision to hire you.

Apology accepted. Although i never lost faith in JR through the years. And our entire Bills backers group apologizes for the bolded part. :rolleyes:

no doubt......that was definitely a clueless statement. I would say about 75% of the 3rd and long passes have gone Josh's way and caught. For that matter, I don't even remember a pass that he has dropped this year. :rolleyes:

Dude, have you seen his other posts? I don't think he ever has a clue.

And I was wrong about Josh Reed. I've met him and he's a really nice guy but it seemed like he wasn't bringing anything to the table. He was small, slow, and couldn't catch. But I'm so glad he got his hands back and I think he is one of the best blocking wrs in the league.

Reed and McGee I agree with you. It's too early on Jauron yet. This is the season I expected him to lead them to a playoff and 4-0 is nice but there is 3/4 of a season left.

Jason Peters - I am sorry for thinking your hold out would make you look foolish. You've been very "special" so far. Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

Yes very special.

They owe us an apology, and if it was up to me a refund on whatever I spent during their tenures, since it was so agonizing to endure.

Just out of curiousity does anyone here own a Rob Johnson jersey, and is willing to admit it?

Robert Royal

I cursed you when you failed to get both feet down in the endzone which I assumed meant you were either clueless or didn't care. You have since made some clutch receptions and appear to be a decent leader in the locker room as well. You have temporarily quieted my cries for a real tight end and therefore I owe you an apology.