Two things I'm tired of

SwampD

1. Throwback Uniforms

If everyone is wearing them now, are they really "throwback"? And lets call them what they really are "Lets Parade a Bunch of Old Uniforms Around to try and Strike a Nostalgic Nerve to get Fans to Shell Out another 80 Bucks Jerseys". I like my team NOW. I like the unis they wear NOW. If they win I'll like them even more NOW. Enough already, and nobody should ever have to watch a game with those Jet's unis ever again...EVER.

2. "Swagger"

Every football pundit that wants to sound hip has been throwing that term around lately. We get it. A team playing with confidence.

I'm done.

Personally, I think the unis we have now aren't that great and wish the Bills would make the old ones used in the throwback games permanent. That being said, I agree with the second point you made, and would also add that I'm sick and tired of listening to ESPN talk about how the barely 2-2 Jets are looking like the best team in football. They beat two lousy teams, and only looked good in the game this weekend. Sorry, but I'm just not seeing them winning 10 or 11 football games this year.

Personally, I think the unis we have now aren't that great and wish the Bills would make the old ones used in the throwback games permanent. That being said, I agree with the second point you made, and would also add that I'm sick and tired of listening to ESPN talk about how the barely 2-2 Jets are looking like the best team in football. They beat two lousy teams, and only looked good in the game this weekend. Sorry, but I'm just not seeing them winning 10 or 11 football games this year.

but, but, but...they have favre [/sarcasm]

(sorry, couldn't resist)

I hereby propose a New Rule whereby if your team blew donkey pipe while wearing the throwbacks the first time around all those years ago, we should not have to see them again. The Jets and Steelers are exhibits 1 and 1A.

I hereby propose a New Rule whereby if your team blew donkey pipe while wearing the throwbacks the first time around all those years ago, we should not have to see them again. The Jets and Steelers are exhibits 1 and 1A.

I propose that the Ravens wear the Browns uniforms as their throwbacks.

1. Throwback Uniforms

If everyone is wearing them now, are they really "throwback"? And lets call them what they really are "Lets Parade a Bunch of Old Uniforms Around to try and Strike a Nostalgic Nerve to get Fans to Shell Out another 80 Bucks Jerseys". I like my team NOW. I like the unis they wear NOW. If they win I'll like them even more NOW. Enough already, and nobody should ever have to watch a game with those Jet's unis ever again...EVER.

2. "Swagger"

Every football pundit that wants to sound hip has been throwing that term around lately. We get it. A team playing with confidence.

I'm done.

Agreed. "The U" is the only team to which "swagger" should refer to, and they currently don't have it. :thumbdown:

They are "Throwbacks" because they are pretty much what teams used to wear back in the day. Most are ugly. Bills TB's aren't ugly. Maybe the best next to the San Diego powder blue. Jets were the NY Titans in 60 & 61. Hence the Titans no-logo, different colors look. I liked them. Would be better if they had a logo. Denver needs to wear the Brown & Yellow with vertical striped socks throwbacks. Those were seriously ugly.

"Swagger" is the new "Brought Our A-Game". You could also go old-school and say "We took them behind the woodshed" or "We took the lumber to them". Flavor of the week, trying to sound cool terms.

They are "Throwbacks" because they are pretty much what teams used to wear back in the day. Most are ugly. Bills TB's aren't ugly. Maybe the best next to the San Diego powder blue. Jets were the NY Titans in 60 & 61. Hence the Titans no-logo, different colors look. I liked them. Would be better if they had a logo. Denver needs to wear the Brown & Yellow with vertical striped socks throwbacks. Those were seriously ugly.

"Swagger" is the new "Brought Our A-Game". You could also go old-school and say "We took them behind the woodshed" or "We took the lumber to them". Flavor of the week, trying to sound cool terms.

I'm just glad they didn't bring out those goofy Broncos TB's with that cartoon Mr. Ed on the helmet. They rival the Eagles gold jerseys that they wore last year.

I plead guilty - used the 'S-word' a few times describing this year's edition of the Bills. Sorry - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. We got a bit o' swagger goin' on ourselves. Just a bit. You can barely see it, but it's there.

On the throwbacks, well, I love ours, but wasn't sure I had the right channel when I tuned in the New Jersey/Arizona game. Thought for a sec maybe I was watching Canisius High School on Time Warner 13.