live from the edward jones dome

udonkey

posting from my phone...figured you folks could appreciate an update

we got here at about 10am local time...tailgating about 100 yards northwest from the stadium in a huge gravel lot.

about 50 feet away from george wilson's family who travelled up from paducah, ky. they've got a contingent of 75-100. i'm hoping to meet george after the game.

from what i can see around me, 1/2 to 2/3 of the fans are bills fans.

this game promises to be a LOUD one...hopefully the team showed up, because the fans certainly did.

i'll post more when i get home, most likely sometime tomorrow afternoon.

GO BILLS!

So, perhaps my slightly intoxicated guesstimate of the number of Bills fans was off. I can attest that there were A LOT of Bills fans tailgating in the lot where we were, but we must've been in the heart of it.

ESPN tells me that the official attendance at the game was 61,000 - I would guess there was more like 45,000-50,000 in their seats. Of that, probably 7,000-10,000 or so were Bills fans.

Regardless, a very fun atmosphere, especially leaving the game. The people that we tailgated with (Rams fans on both sides) were some of the nicest people I've encountered for a Bills game, home or away. I was hoping to meet up with George Wilson after the game, but things are obviously a bit different at away games than at Hammer's lot at the Ralph.

It was a pleasure meeting Indy Dave and his wife. I hope you guys enjoyed the game and made it home safely. I didn't catch up with any of the other TBD posters - hopefully you guys all had a great time as well.

My friend and I left St Louis about an hour after the end of the game and made it back to Cincinnati right around 1:30am. It was a great trip, and I definitely recommend visiting St Louis to anyone else that might get the opportunity down the road - I certainly would've liked to have had more time there, but duty calls and I'm now about ready to go in for a 1/2 day of work.

You can check out some of the pictures that I took:

http://community.webshots.com/album/567506...vhost=community

I'm now 2 for 2 this season, both road games. Hoping to make it up for the Jets (and maybe the Chargers) game...

After looking at those pictures, I again have the distinct feeling that having your home team play in a dome just has to SUCK. Lordy, it looked beautiful there. Had to suck having to walked into a building to watch a game on that day.

BTW, only game i have seen in a dome was the 4th SB in Atlanta, and that sucked as well for a lot of reasons

After looking at those pictures, I again have the distinct feeling that having your home team play in a dome just has to SUCK. Lordy, it looked beautiful there. Had to suck having to walked into a building to watch a game on that day.

BTW, only game i have seen in a dome was the 4th SB in Atlanta, and that sucked as well for a lot of reasons

On this day, I don't think many people were upset about going into a dome. While it was beautiful (not a cloud in the sky), baking in the sun for 5 hours before kickoff was getting to us and going into a nice 70 degree climate controlled building was a nice way to "rest" for 4 hours or so before driving home.

Early-mid November, I agree - totally would've rather been outside. But in the extreme hots/colds of the beginning/end of the season, I don't mind being inside.

Either way, football is football...and I live for this sh--!

Current forecast for Phoenix next Sunday has the high temp at "only" 97 degrees. By mid-afternoon, I'm thinking I'll be happy to partake of the stadium's air-conditioning.

I had a spot on the field for the game.....my wife is manager of Guest Services at the Dome, so she managed to get me on the field. So I had to stand there like one of those guards at Buckingham Palace, stoic, not going craazy for the Bills, so it was rough. I did get to walk around the field after the game and look at all the Bills fans who stuck around, watching the players and staff toss things up to the adoring fans. Very exciting.

I've noticed in the St. Louis paper today that the Bills victory is attributed to the Rams folding rather than the Bills making adjustments at half time. Great first drive in the second half by the Bills.

Current forecast for Phoenix next Sunday has the high temp at "only" 97 degrees. By mid-afternoon, I'm thinking I'll be happy to partake of the stadium's air-conditioning.

True dat, just looked like it wasn't that hot there, strange how oyur mind can think of things it sees in a picture eh?

I was in that same lot udonkey; you must have been at the northewest side of the lot, while I was at the northeast side...I think we were both around the 3rd row in if I'm not mistaken. Got to meet George Wilsons uncle and some of Freddie Jackson's family. Lots of Bills fans out there representing before, during and AFTER the game. Had a great time although we were almost part of a scuffle that broke out in the second half with some Rams fans. In the end it was lots of fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

We're 4-0, and have a tough road game next week in AZ....let's hope Warner doesn't throw for amlost 500 yds like he did against the Jest <---yes, spelled correctly! :thumbdown:

McD

Here is an interesting story;

So yesterday I went to the game with one of my best friends, his wife, and his "little brother" from BBBS and I was the only Bills fan of the bunch. THere were a few Bills fans in my section but mostly Rams fans. Anyway, right after half the Rams Drum Line came up to play in my section. While they were waiting, one of the drum guys looked at me funny and asked me where I was from. I said, "St. Louis," and he told me that he grew up 45 min from Buffalo. I could tell from the way he said it that even though he works for the Rams, he is still a Bills fan. After they played, as they were leaving he pulled him the sleeve on his arm to reveal a Penn State tattoo and he said, "I've been a fan of Poz for years, that guy is money."

Whats up with all the Bills family members tailgating for the game? I was tailgating right next to Moorman's family who were up from Oklahoma to watch the game. Real nice people.

Yeah, in addition to Wilson's family, there were A LOT folks in my area wearing #22 Jackson jerseys. I spoke to one guy and he said that he was Fred's twin brother, but I think that he may have been taking advantage of my slight drunkenness.