Tcali

Drudgereport...-McCain 67% Obama 32%

Rush Limbaugh.com McCain 97 % Obama 3%

MSNBC.COM Obama 90% McCain 10%

Keith Olberman.com Obama 102% McCain minus 2%

CNN.COM Obama 74 % McCain 20 %

Ronpaul for prez.com Obama 0% McCain 1% Ron Paul 99%

<_<:o

That about sums it up. It's a sad state of affairs when you can guess who 'won' by which mouthpiece media outlet is reporting the results.

Keith Olberman.com Obama 102% McCain Bush minus 2%

Fixed it for you.

It's a sad commentary on the condition of the press when I'd trust The Daily Show to give a more balanced evaluation of the debate.

I was at a bar that had on TV: Mets-Marlins, Cubs-Brewers, Yanks-Sox, college football, and a great live band (possibly the best cover of Petty's "Mary Jane's Last Dance" I've ever heard, harmonica and all)...With the debate on a corner TV with no sound...

I'm declaring myself the winner last night.

Keith Olberman.com Obama 102% McCain minus 2%

I know you were tongue in cheek, but as of this moment it seems truth is as strange as your fiction. I can't believe the variance in the polls. I guess its a sign that the debate was pretty much of a draw.

I give a slight edge to McCain in last night's debate.

I thought both candidates did a poor job on the economy discussion of the debate. McCain & Obama used mostly rhetoric and examples of why the economy is bad but offered no clear solutions.

During the foreign policy discussion, McCain was stronger than Obama on the issues, particularly on Iran & Russia.

McCain looked very calm and was direct. Obama looked cool but got rattled a few times and stuck to his message.

I do'nt know if both candidates changed that many voter's minds, but we shall see.

I get the feeling that we are going to have a repeat of the 2000 election. One candidate will win the popular vote, the other will in the electoral vote.

I give a slight edge to McCain in last night's debate.

I thought both candidates did a poor job on the economy discussion of the debate. McCain & Obama used mostly rhetoric and examples of why the economy is bad but offered no clear solutions.

During the foreign policy discussion, McCain was stronger than Obama on the issues, particularly on Iran & Russia.

McCain looked very calm and was direct. Obama looked cool but got rattled a few times and stuck to his message.

I do'nt know if both candidates changed that many voter's minds, but we shall see.

I get the feeling that we are going to have a repeat of the 2000 election. One candidate will win the popular vote, the other will in the electoral vote.

These debates are set-up before hand, with agendas/questions that are all signed off on by the candidates. This debate wasn't mean to be about the economy at all, but was supposed t focus more on foreign policy. The events of the past few days most likely forced the few questions that were asked, and the answers were probably come up with hours before the debate instead of weeks. Not to mention that both candidates are trying to tippy-toe their way through this bailout mess right now, because neither wants to do the wrong thing.

You should expect to see far more economy questions in upcoming debates.

By the way, after I got about 3 minutes into it, I couldn't get myself to watch anymore. I've been reading the transcripts as I've seen them available. Given that, what did you think was "stronger" about McCain? Since you followed that up with comments about physical cues, was that what you meant? Or was it more with the answers that you thought were better? From what I've read, and I haven't gotten through everything yet, I haven't seen any surprises. But reading doesn't really convey stuttering. <_<

The only two things that really stuck out for me...

1. Obama kept going on and on about how he opposed the war day one. Kept saying that we should never have gone into Iraq... well, whatever. The bottom line is that we're there and we have to do something about it now. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that... what's your plan NOW? I don't care about what happened back in '03. Coulda woulda shoulda isn't going to win you my vote.

2. I liked how Obama gave credit to McCain when he was right... though that could be dismissed as a simple desire to find common ground.

At the end of the day, the debate didn't really sway me at all. I think this one went about 50/50.

These debates are set-up before hand, with agendas/questions that are all signed off on by the candidates.

Jim Lehrer said he wrote the questions and they hadn't been shared with either candidate. Just, FYI.

Those "polls" aren't valid in any meaningful way. There're not random or scientifically representative of the broader population. Rather, they're skewed to the voting preference of the folks who frequent those sites anyway.

No different than running a poll at TSW as to which team is the best in the AFC...

:lol:

You sure about laughing at that?

The candidates don't have to worry about the media flat out attacking them in the debates, because they don't want to lose access to the candidates. The media also prescreens the town hall debate questions to make sure that no such questions get asked.

The contract from 2004 specifically states in one part that candidates and campaigns aren't allowed to see the questions.

You sure about laughing at that?

The candidates don't have to worry about the media flat out attacking them in the debates, because they don't want to lose access to the candidates. The media also prescreens the town hall debate questions to make sure that no such questions get asked.

The contract from 2004 specifically states in one part that candidates and campaigns aren't allowed to see the questions.

For starters, yes, I will come right out and say that I think it's bull.

But, I'll go ahead and give it to them and suppose that neither candidate saw any of the questions. Let me ask you this, if I were to tell you that in a few weeks, I'm going to ask you random questions about the 2008 Buffalo Bills offense, specifically the passing game, would you need to see the exact questions that were going to be asked in order to know exactly what you needed to beforehand?

So yes, I agree with what your saying about them not having to worry about the questions. And while I have no faith in the integrity of the media, my laugh was at the fact that Lehrer's statement is absolutely pointless, not that he was lying.