Umm, Yeaa...About Those Missing Rings....

WellDressed

I am not too excited to report that umm, its, you know, basically our turn, next Thursday, to see the "Missing Rings" segment of "America's Game." Buffalo is officially 'on the tee' or 'on the clock'

The NFL Network (for those who have the channel) will be showing the 1990 Buffalo Bills wrecking crew in action @ 10 PM.

*Thursday October 2nd at 10:00 PM

I saw the one on the 1969 Vikings last night...as with all NFL Films productions, it was very well done. I remember that team very well, they just ran into a buzzsaw in the Super Bowl.

Some observations:

-Jim Marshall still thinks about the four Vikings Super Bowl loses every day...wonder how many of our guys do.

-Bud Grant has aged very well...says he doesn't dwell on the loses, but you can tell he does.

-Joe Kapp was a character in 1969 and remains one today.

I'll watch the Bills version...but not sure for how long. :lol:

I have found "THe Missing Rings" to be another of NFL films great pieces. Im looking forward to the Bills turn. Not because I want to rehash an old wound but because its a great story. The Superbowl years have made us the hardened fans we are today. I was in high school during that time and it was difficult to show up at school the Monday after the SB. The drubbing the Bills got on SB Sunday was painful but it was my turn on Monday. Its all about the Buffalo Bills lore that will make it that much sweeter when our time does arrive. It will arrive.

I have found "THe Missing Rings" to be another of NFL films great pieces. Im looking forward to the Bills turn. Not because I want to rehash an old wound but because its a great story. The Superbowl years have made us the hardened fans we are today. I was in high school during that time and it was difficult to show up at school the Monday after the SB. The drubbing the Bills got on SB Sunday was painful but it was my turn on Monday. Its all about the Buffalo Bills lore that will make it that much sweeter when our time does arrive. It will arrive.

I remember those Monday mornings all too well. At the time I dreaded it, but it helped harden me into the fan I am now. Remember this one?...."Lets Go Buffalo, Lose another superbowl!" All day.

They'll get it someday!

GO BILLS

I saw the one on the 1969 Vikings last night...as with all NFL Films productions, it was very well done. I remember that team very well, they just ran into a buzzsaw in the Super Bowl.

Some observations:

-Jim Marshall still thinks about the four Vikings Super Bowl loses every day...wonder how many of our guys do.

-Bud Grant has aged very well...says he doesn't dwell on the loses, but you can tell he does.

-Joe Kapp was a character in 1969 and remains one today.

I'll watch the Bills version...but not sure for how long. ;)

That was great and I, too, remember the Purple People Eaters well. I'm OK with the Bills included as NFL Films is the greatest of video storytellers.

I'd like to see both teams settle this issue next February. :lol:

:lol:

I eat pain and heartache spread on crackers like potted meat!

Mmmmm... me likey that pain and heartache on crackers. Washed down with a glass of bitter bile. Also known as a Bills Fan's Midnight Snack! ;)

Thanks for making me laugh out loud. Love your "Brand Names" avatar too... is that the Niagara Falls Blvd location?

Mmmmm... me likey that pain and heartache on crackers. Washed down with a glass of bitter bile. Also known as a Bills Fan's Midnight Snack! :lol:

Thanks for making me laugh out loud. Love your "Brand Names" avatar too... is that the Niagara Falls Blvd location?

Please excuse the thread-jack:

I think it is. I pulled it from Google Images a couple weeks ago. It came from the Staff Announcer webpage. The one we had in Jimmytown was a friggin rip-off, hardly had any toys, had to ask at the counter for everything you wanted to buy (I didn't realize at the age of 8 what a catalog showroom was. :devil:

Oh I'll definately watch it, up until "the kick." To this day, I've never watched that replay all the times, it's been on, I'll either look away, leave the room or if I'm at home turn the channel for a few seconds. Just can't watch it.

Really. It's like watching the Zapruder film for me. I have to leave the room. I just can't do it. God, now I'm depressed and pissed off just thinking about it.

Even though it still hurts to think about those losses, it has developed a hunger in all of us to finally acquire that ring we all desire! Like all the challenges the team went through last year, that prunning of sorts has yielded better fruit this year. Those SB losses were like prunning the tree so the growth will be phenominal in the very near future. It's all about payin your dues, look at the Broncos, they lost how many times before they finally won it, it's gonna happen, it's just a matter of when?

Wow, a lot of tormented souls here.

Maybe it's my relative old age - I remember all too well sitting in a 3/4 empty Rich Stadium during the 2-win seasons to not look at the Super Bowl years as anything but enjoyable.

I'm sorry so many of you look upon an era of dominating Bills football with anything but pride.

Misplaced pity then; it's just the marvel of being human, that a person can have a number of conflicting, deep emotions coexisting at the same time.

Deep emotional pain from games played 18 years ago? <_<

This thread reads like it was written by 17 year old girls who can't get passed not being voted Homecoming Queen.