Umm, Yeaa...About Those Missing Rings....

WellDressed

The only thing worse than someone slinging around contemptuous words about other people's feelings or relationship to historical events is having that same person see no irony in his own use of historical symbols and statements in his avatar.

Deep emotional pain from games played 18 years ago? <_<

This thread reads like it was written by 17 year old girls who can't get passed not being voted Homecoming Queen.

Wow, a lot of tormented souls here.

Maybe it's my relative old age - I remember all too well sitting in a 3/4 empty Rich Stadium during the 2-win seasons to not look at the Super Bowl years as anything but enjoyable.

I'm sorry so many of you look upon an era of dominating Bills football with anything but pride.

Amen.

Wow, a lot of tormented souls here.

Maybe it's my relative old age - I remember all too well sitting in a 3/4 empty Rich Stadium during the 2-win seasons to not look at the Super Bowl years as anything but enjoyable.

I'm sorry so many of you look upon an era of dominating Bills football with anything but pride.

I was young, but lived through those 2-14 seasons, and spent most of my measly paychecks to go to as many games as I could from 1984 - now, and while I thrived on each and every win, those dominating teams of the late 80's and early 90's those superbowl losses crushed me. I literally felt sick, nausea, and heartache after each of those losses, but no heartache hurt more than when Kelly retired. I look back fondly on those awesome years and still think the NFL has never seen, and quite possibly ever will see more talent or a better performing team than those teams. we knew, we KNEW during the regular season we were the best team in the NFL, but come superbowl Sunday I don't think there were more uneasy stomachs in the history of superbowl fans, that's why none of us can watch or reminisce any highlights from those superbowls.

I understand what you were trying to say, but don't agree with your final statement, and would argue that there isn't a person on this board who truly doesn't appreciate those years, we just can't stand to remember the ultimate outcome.

The only thing worse than someone slinging around contemptuous words about other people's feelings or relationship to historical events is having that same person see no irony in his own use of historical symbols and statements in his avatar.

I'm impressed you recognized it although it's not so much "historical" as it is clan lore.

But it's also quite current. It's still in use by the clan, of which I'm a member.

EDIT: I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that my avatar is a celebration of the clan, not some pity party. It's not about how the English crown used members of the clan, setting them up to take the fall for Glencoe. No crying or whining, just pride - just like the 90-93 Bills.