To all those who said Peters would be ready to play

PromoTheRobot

Bench Peters?

During our long protracted debate over Peters hold out, a few of us (me included) said that Peters would suffer for missing OTA's and training camp. Others (who coincidentally were arguing on Peters behalf, predicting Armageddon for Edwards if anyone but Peters played LT) said that Peters was so crazy good that he didn't need camp. Being "the best player on the team" meant that he can just walk ont the field and be better than what the Bills had.

Now two games in and we are seeing that Peters is more of a liability to the Bills than an asset. Twice in two weeks, "our best player" has been beaten badly enough that the rusher caused Trent Edwards to fumble. Wasn't this the kind of stuff that wasn't supposed to happen with Peters at LT? Fortunately the Bills are 3-0 so we all just laugh it off, but I wonder if we were 1-2, and both games turned on those Peters-induced turnovers, how would we be feeling about "the best player on the team?"

PTR

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A rusty Peters is better than the alternative. Additionally, he has made several plays where he took out 2 defenders on running plays; at least 1 resulted in a touchdown.

His holdout, while it might seem (for now) ill advised, has not cost the team a game, right? We are 3-0, and Jason Peters should be the least of your worries, my friend. :lol:

A rusty Peters is better than the alternative. Additionally, he has made several plays where he took out 2 defenders on running plays; at least 1 resulted in a touchdown. His holdout, while it might seem (for now) ill advised, has not cost the team a game, right? We are 3-0, and Jason Peters should be the least of your worries, my friend. :lol:

I would suggest otherwise. Peters is a little more than "rusty." I'm quite sure if it were Langston Walker instead of Peters who allowed Edwards to be pancaked like that, yours and others response would not be so casual. Do we wait until Peters costs us a game to make a change? All I know is Edwards was practically untouched in the Seattle game, a team with a decent D-line.

PTR

I would suggest otherwise. Peters is a little more than "rusty." I'm quite sure if it were Langston Walker instead of Peters who allowed Edwards to be pancaked like that, yours and other response would not be so casual. Do we wait until Peters costs us a game to make a change? All I know is Edwards was practically untouched in the Seattle game, a team with a decent D-line.

PTR

or worse: Do we wait until Trent is injured from another blindside hit?

Too bad Jason can't play RT - at least Trent could see the guy coming...... :lol:

I guarantee ya, PTR - the Peters ball-washers would find a way to blame it on someone else while insisting how lucky we are that PayMe graced us with his presence a month and a half late.

As it is, get ready for the inevitable replies from his worshipers, i.e., "You don't know what the hell you're talking about...do you even watch football?", or, "I can't even believe you're citing an article from RF365!"

We're 3-0 despite PayMe Peters, not because of him, but they'll never admit that.

Have I said it yet today...???

F :lol: kc Jason Peters!!!!

(There...I feel much better. B-) )

I concur, with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT in the Shehawks game, Edwards was practically untouched. The two guys also stood up very well to a solid D-Line, including a great DE in Patrick Kearney. Peters was ok against JAX, but was horrible against OAK. I am not sayin we need to bench him right away, but it is an option that cannot be ruled out.

You're right, but it's a moot point now. The pressure is probably going to be less intense this week and there's a good chance that Peters should be game ready for Arizona and then have another two weeks to get prepare for SD.

But yes, the talk of Peters being ready to play within one week is laughable in retrospect.

A rusty Peters is better than the alternative. Additionally, he has made several plays where he took out 2 defenders on running plays; at least 1 resulted in a touchdown.

His holdout, while it might seem (for now) ill advised, has not cost the team a game, right? We are 3-0, and Jason Peters should be the least of your worries, my friend. :lol:

it was ill advised - period

I concur, with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT in the Shehawks game, Edwards was practically untouched. The two guys also stood up very well to a solid D-Line, including a great DE in Patrick Kearney. Peters was ok against JAX, but was horrible against OAK. I am not sayin we need to bench him right away, but it is an option that cannot be ruled out.

I agree that benching Peters now would be extreme going into St.Louis. But going forward I think benching him should be an option.

PTR

Dick Jauron thinks otherwise. He said on Monday that aside from a few plays, Jason Peters played "dominant football". Is he in top shape? No. Has he been beat? Yes. A few times terribly beat. Should he have held out? No. Is he rusty? Yes. But he's also still the best lineman we have on most of the plays. He was completely dominant in the fourth quarter Sunday. He was awesome more times than he was terrible on Sunday. He was tremendous on the two rushing TDs. Benching Peters has as much chance of happening as would be as stupid as benching Edwards.

most. retarded. thread. ever.

Promo is a superior poster, but I think you are right.

A rusty Peters blows away Mike Gandy, John Fina, or any of the other stiffs we have been forced as Bills Fans to watch for 12 or so years. Greg Jerman anyone? :lol:

Some of these guys sound like they want him to suck. Certain posters (not you Promo) have taken this to a childish level, especially in light of the fact that we are undefeated.

Dick Jauron thinks otherwise. He said on Monday that aside from a few plays, Jason Peters played "dominant football". Is he in top shape? No. Has he been beat? Yes. A few times terribly beat. Should he have held out? No. Is he rusty? Yes. But he's also still the best lineman we have on most of the plays. He was completely dominant in the fourth quarter Sunday. He was awesome more times than he was terrible on Sunday. He was tremendous on the two rushing TDs. Benching Peters has as much chance of happening as would be as stupid as benching Edwards.

Bravo yet again KTFBD!

You're right, but it's a moot point now. The pressure is probably going to be less intense this week and there's a good chance that Peters should be game ready for Arizona and then have another two weeks to get prepare for SD.

But yes, the talk of Peters being ready to play within one week is laughable in retrospect.

The Rams have sucked, sure enough, but are you assuming that the pressure is going to be less because it's the Rams? This is a desperate team with some talent at home. Doesn't Leonard Little still play for the Rams? Is he hurt?

A game we should win, but teams that aren't winning sometimes scare me.

The Rams have sucked, sure enough, but are you assuming that the pressure is going to be less because it's the Rams? This is a desperate team with some talent at home. Doesn't Leonard Little still play for the Rams? Is he hurt?

considering kalimba edwards (who is average at best) consistently beat peters on the pass rush with simple speed to the outside and a quentin groves (a rookie) schooled him badly the week before also going to the outside, i don't think that leonard little (or chris long) should be discounted

Yes, I am saying that based on 460 yds and 37+ pts the Rams D gave up per game to date.