To all those who said Peters would be ready to play

PromoTheRobot

He DAMNED WELL BETTER improve as the year goes on, 'cause right now he's not even close to being "the best most important player on the team", and he's playing at a level nowhere near the money he thinks he's worth.

No one's asking for perfection from PayMe - or any player. They'll all make mistakes; that's a given - but instead of acting like an a-hole, Peters would have benefited from doing what the rest of his teammates did, namely, honor his contract, work like hell in the off-season to get even better, show up for OTAs and camp, be in game shape and ready to go at the start of the season, and do everything a GREAT player would do to improve every season.

Don't care if some don't like or agree with my opinion - Peters let me down, and he let the team down.

Did he let the team down when he was the lead blocker pulling on the sweep that resulted in Lynch's first TD?

Gee, the guy who hates Peters still does. Imagine that.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And, as I have said over and over, this hasn't cost Peters anything and if, as his haters are sure, his performance is not what it otherwise would have been, it has hurt the team, not Peters. That was as much a choice made by Brandon as it was by Peters. That was the price the team paid for not giving him a new deal. Whether in the long run it will ever cost Peters anything, remains to be seen.

Wonderful team concept - hasn't cost PETERS anything! :lol:

(Which is, of course, wrong - it may well have cost him a new contract, given the way he's currently playing.)

Can we have a big, rousing chorus of PayMe's favorite cheer...all together now...

M...E...E...E....

gooOOOO, ME!!!!!!!!

And, as I have said over and over, this hasn't cost Peters anything and if, as his haters are sure, his performance is not what it otherwise would have been, it has hurt the team, not Peters. That was as much a choice made by Brandon as it was by Peters. That was the price the team paid for not giving him a new deal. Whether in the long run it will ever cost Peters anything, remains to be seen.

what makes you so convinced that peters hasn't paid the fines he accumulated?

The anti-Peters crowd is just never going to get over it.

Mickey, Mickey, Mickey...no one is anti-Peters, we're anti-YOU. We're just reminding everyone of your absurd predictions back when Peters was holding out. It's good to see you are as entertaining as ever. Have you ever considered a career as a White House press secretary?

PTR

I concur, with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT in the Shehawks game, Edwards was practically untouched. The two guys also stood up very well to a solid D-Line, including a great DE in Patrick Kearney. Peters was ok against JAX, but was horrible against OAK. I am not sayin we need to bench him right away, but it is an option that cannot be ruled out.

This is true !

He DAMNED WELL BETTER improve as the year goes on, 'cause right now he's not even close to being "the best most important player on the team", and he's playing at a level nowhere near the money he thinks he's worth.

No one's asking for perfection from PayMe - or any player. They'll all make mistakes; that's a given - but instead of acting like an a-hole, Peters would have benefited from doing what the rest of his teammates did, namely, honor his contract, work like hell in the off-season to get even better, show up for OTAs and camp, be in game shape and ready to go at the start of the season, and do everything a GREAT player would do to improve every season.

Don't care if some don't like or agree with my opinion - Peters let me down, and he let the team down.

I agree -- it was a selfish act by Peters. He could have made his point equally as well by showing up about 2-3 weeks sooner than he did -- it still would have sent his message while not putting his team at a disadvantage. But it's done. Apparently the coaches think he's the best option because he's still starting.

Bench Peters?

During our long protracted debate over Peters hold out, a few of us (me included) said that Peters would suffer for missing OTA's and training camp. Others (who coincidentally were arguing on Peters behalf, predicting Armageddon for Edwards if anyone but Peters played LT) said that Peters was so crazy good that he didn't need camp. Being "the best player on the team" meant that he can just walk ont the field and be better than what the Bills had.

Now two games in and we are seeing that Peters is more of a liability to the Bills than an asset. Twice in two weeks, "our best player" has been beaten badly enough that the rusher caused Trent Edwards to fumble. Wasn't this the kind of stuff that wasn't supposed to happen with Peters at LT? Fortunately the Bills are 3-0 so we all just laugh it off, but I wonder if we were 1-2, and both games turned on those Peters-induced turnovers, how would we be feeling about "the best player on the team?"

PTR

I went on record as saying that he wouldn't be ready to play until at least week 3 if we were lucky. IMO, we didn't need Peters to play in that Jags game because Walker and Chambers did an excellent job at their respective positions the week before. Why mess up a good thing? We all knew that Jason had to be activated before the Raiders game but that didn't mean he had to start. The way the season has shaped up we didn't really need him to start until the Cardinals game. I believe the only reason he got snaps so early is because we lack depth on the line. Bell is the only other OT on the roster right?

Because Peters made two mistakes visible to our fans' naked eye does not mean he needs to be benched. He has played outstanding, as one of the other posters said, Jauron has stated, "he has played dominant football." Is it fair that because Peters made two mistakes in letting defenders get around him, and those defenders in-turn made great plays on the football, that Peters is more at fault than if the defenders didn't make great plays and instead just sacked Edwards, or missed him completely?

What does benching Peters accomplish, isn't the point that he isn't in game shape, and that's where we want him and need him to be? He's not going to get ready for games by taking walk-through reps in practice each week. Having Peters get the rust off for a few weeks, and then having him at his Pro Bowl level is better than shifting the two thirds of the offensive line for the entire season.

You're not putting this into perspective. Jason is a bonafide PB LT and could be an All-Pro but nobody of his caliber gives up 3 HUGE HEAVY hits in back to back games that caused turnovers. The man lied when he said he was in game shape. You can run up any mountains to keep in shape but only live action gets you ready for the season.

With easy sorry performance, Peters is costing himself hundreds of thousands of dollars. You'd think he would've pondered the ramifications of his actions. He really needs to turn it on and make the PB if he really wants to land that huge contract he desires.

the spin you guys put on this is laughable.

peters has been bad. he's beat guys up a few times on good blocks, but hes an OT not a DT, it's about being consistent, not making the occasional big play.

he got benched for chambers who played better than peters has been playing. he then came in and played better.

this is because he is out of shape and he got a swift kick up the ass from the coaches.

dick came out and said peters was dominant AT TIMES.

any mouth breather saying that dick is lying or peters played well being the only two possibilities is dumb. dick is benching peters and then talking him up

in the post game because he thinks thats how peters will best be coached and motivated. peters is way behind where he was last year and needs to get better really quickly if he expects a big contract at the end of the season.

our coach is not as bad as people say, and our LT is not as good as people say. and it's a team game anyway, so put the ball washing rags down!!!!

No. Jauron said Peters "had a couple bad plays" which hurt the team, but other than those couple plays has played pretty dominant football.

“It’s kind of amazing, really,” said head coach Dick Jauron. “It’s his second week of training camp, actually less than that because we practice a lot more in training camp than we have now to get ready for games. Jason has played very well. He’s had a couple bad plays. Unfortunately, the bad plays hurt us, but other than that, he’s played pretty dominant football with very little practice. Our feeling is that he’s just going to get better as we move along.”

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6658

No. Jauron said Peters "had a couple bad plays" which hurt the team, but other than those couple plays has played pretty dominant football.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6658

It's no wonder why Jauron is so universally well-liked by players and coaches throughout the league - I've never once heard him bad-mouth a player or coach, his own or the opposition's, no matter how justified or how obvious the guy sucks.

Right now, DJ needs to get 'PayMe' back to game form, and has to make up for all that lost time, conditioning, and coaching 'PayMe' missed in OTAs, camp, and preseason. Apparently, he also has to stroke PayMe's ego while that all happens, but make no mistake - all knowledgeable football minds can plainly see that 'PayMe' Peters ain't the 'Pro Bowl' Peters he thinks he is.

No prob tho - plenty of guys ready to 'step up' where Peters is f8kcing up, and we can use the money Peters thought was rightly his on better players.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! 0:)

A rusty Peters is better than the alternative. Additionally, he has made several plays where he took out 2 defenders on running plays; at least 1 resulted in a touchdown.

His holdout, while it might seem (for now) ill advised, has not cost the team a game, right? We are 3-0, and Jason Peters should be the least of your worries, my friend. 0:)

Disagree entirely based on facts. The Pitt game in pre-season and our 1st game is evident that a rusty Peters is worse. Chambers did better in the Raiders game.

It's no wonder why Jauron is so universally well-liked by players and coaches throughout the league - I've never once heard him bad-mouth a player or coach, his own or the opposition's, no matter how justified or how obvious the guy sucks.

Right now, DJ needs to get 'PayMe' back to game form, and has to make up for all that lost time, conditioning, and coaching 'PayMe' missed in OTAs, camp, and preseason. Apparently, he also has to stroke PayMe's ego while that all happens, but make no mistake - all knowledgeable football minds can plainly see that 'PayMe' Peters ain't the 'Pro Bowl' Peters he thinks he is.

No prob tho - plenty of guys ready to 'step up' where Peters is f8kcing up, and we can use the money Peters thought was rightly his on better players.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! 0:)

Except, contrary to you, Jauron probably watched the tape of the game and specifically watched Peters on every play. I actually finally went back and watched him, too, on every play. He got beat a couple times bad. He was completely dominant over and over and over. And he had just as many plays when he simply did his job. There were turning points in the game when Peters was awesome. One of the biggest plays of the game posters have mentioned was I think the last play of the third quarter. 3rd and 5 from the 9 yard line on the 96 yard TD drive. Edwards was rushed from the right and then blindly reversed his field back into the endzone without knowing what was behind him. Peters had manhandled his man and was continuing to do so, stood him right up a foot away from Edwards who sneaked the pass to Marshawn who got the first down. That should have been a safety and could have lost the game, then being down 11 and giving up the ball at midfield. Peters was phenomenal on that play just mauling his guy for over 5 seconds.

The entire fourth quarter he was fabulous. The Marshawn TD, on further review, was better than it looked. He actually took out three guys. One he cut down at the knees and dropped him flat, a second saw Peters running full speed at him at just crumbled to the turf without even being hit (that guy will get abused in the film room, he just cowered like a baby and sat down) and then a third had to leap over the two guys Peters took down and took himself right out of the play.

If you actually watched what he did every play instead of just being a jerk, perhaps you would see that what Jauron said was very accurate. He was bad a couple of plays which hurt us, but other than that played pretty dominant football.

And again, I don't think he should have held out at all. I think the Bills made all the right moves (except being disingenuous to the press).

You're not putting this into perspective. Jason is a bonafide PB LT and could be an All-Pro but nobody of his caliber gives up 3 HUGE HEAVY hits in back to back games that caused turnovers. The man lied when he said he was in game shape. You can run up any mountains to keep in shape but only live action gets you ready for the season.

With easy sorry performance, Peters is costing himself hundreds of thousands of dollars. You'd think he would've pondered the ramifications of his actions. He really needs to turn it on and make the PB if he really wants to land that huge contract he desires.

well, not exactly. Both Jauron and Peters said he was in good "physical shape", but not "football shape" which I assume is the same as "game shape". Peters at one point said he was in 85% of football shape, which, judging by the ratio of good or great plays vs bad ones is about right.

How can Peters be costing himself hundreds of thousands of dollars if Mickey says this hasn't cost him zip? I'm sooo confused!

what makes you so convinced that peters hasn't paid the fines he accumulated?

Because they almost never do and because it has not been reported that he has. Thus, so far, this hasn't cost him anything and, as I thought I made clear, it "remains to be seen" whether it ever will.

Senator's bleating about the team would fascinatingly relevant if that were the issue at hand. This discussion dates back to the early days of the holdout and whether Peters was making a mistake in terms of his own best interests. Was he, as Senator so often pointed out with his poisonous prose, a moron, a pecker head who didn't know what was good for him, who was being taken advantage by his much smarter and evil agent. The point I made is that trying to get a new deal for this year cost Peters nothing, made a new deal next year more likley (still 2 years ahead of schedule) and had a shot, even if a slim one, of working this year. As for the team, their refusal to give him a new deal this year cost them his services during camp and whatever benefit to the team that would have been derived from him being more fully prepared for the start of the season.

Apparently abandoning the debate about whether this was a good or bad strategy for Peters in terms of his own interests, Senator instead moves on to slamming him for not being team player. That is a tired argument that surfaces whenever a player goes for a better deal. You could just as well complain that if Schobel was a team player, he would have given up a large percentage of his huge salary so that the team would have had some extra coin to sign a better center or another linebacker. But even if Senator is right, it is irrelevant to the point, the hold out strategy hasn't cost Peters anything and my benefit him. It remains to be seen.

I do note that despite the expert assessment from the Peters haters that he has been awful so far, Jauron called him "dominant" and that his performance with so little practice has been "amazing" though he also pointed out that he has indeed had a few bad plays. Sounds like a pretty fair assessment to me but PTR and Senator know better.

well, not exactly. Both Jauron and Peters said he was in good "physical shape", but not "football shape" which I assume is the same as "game shape". Peters at one point said he was in 85% of football shape, which, judging by the ratio of good or great plays vs bad ones is about right.

How can Peters be costing himself hundreds of thousands of dollars if Mickey says this hasn't cost him zip? I'm sooo confused!

And if - during that other 15% that he sucks and is not in 'game shape' - PayMe whiffs a block and TE goes down for the season, I wonder if KTFABD and BillfromNYC will still love JP the ersatz LT as much as Bill loathes JP the new starting QB?

And if - during that other 15% that he sucks and is not in 'game shape' - PayMe whiffs a block and TE goes down for the season, I wonder if KTFABD and BillfromNYC will still love JP the ersatz LT as much as Bill loathes JP the new starting QB?

The Bills ran 72 plays. He flat sucked on one of them, which caused a sack and fumble that led to three points. He got beat on a couple more of them that caused Trent to throw a half second earlier or step up to avoid it, which he is supposed to do. Peters was dominant on dozens of plays. He did his job well enough on tens of them. He paved the way for two touchdowns (the second one he drove his man five yards deep into the endzone and then came out the other side). The one play that he absolutely sucked on, if you actually watched what happened, it's not because he wasn't in position, or slow at all, or out of shape, he was very fast -- the guy put a move on him to the inside and faked him out. That play could have happened anytime and wasn't because he was out of shape. If you actually watched Peters in this game, almost every single play he was the first player off the snap, sometimes glaringly so. He was extremely quick off the ball and into position well ahead of Dockery next to him or Walker on the other side on virtually every play. Try actually watching him for a change.

I think briefly getting benched in the second quarter on Sunday was all the wake up call that Jason Peters needed. In the second half, I didn't see very much pressure at all from the left side. Especially on the last 3 crucial drives, it seemed like Edwards had all the time he needed. I wasn't specifically looking for Peters during the game, but it seemed like he improved miles during the second half.

If you actually watched Peters in this game, almost every single play he was the first player off the snap, sometimes glaringly so. He was extremely quick off the ball and into position well ahead of Dockery next to him or Walker on the other side on virtually every play. Try actually watching him for a change.

I can't - some guy named Mickey is constantly draped all over him.