2 Most Over Rated Players on Full Display Tonight

truth on hold

Turner thru 3 games in ATL:

366 Yds

Avg/Game 122.0

5 TDs

If LT were there not only would he not match those #'s, he'd be sulking all the time. Best in league? No way.

Not that you've proven worthy of my reply, but look at the opponents that a HEALTHY Turner has faced. I don't know if you noticed it, but my grandmother went in in the fourth quarter against Kansas City and rushed for 65 yards in clock winding mode.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LT is not a dominant back. He's not the type you can keep handing it to and ride him. He is not strong enough to run up the middle. And he runs too tall to have great lateral movement. He is great on screen plays, I grant you. But that's it. His TDs are mostly the product of defenses having to defend a superior TE in Gates.

Favre is not a "modern QB" in the sense of Manning or Brady who read defenses and make adjustments. He basically plays a "pickup" game where he locks on guys and plays, tries to force the ball in when he should throw it away and all too often throws "Hail Mary" jump balls. He hasn't played in a Super Bowl in over a decade. And his record there is 1 & 1. He came up flat in last year's Conference Final against the Giants at home. Other than his longevity record which I grant is amazing, I find nothing extraordinary about him. Packers had a better view of this than anyone and it's no wonder they let him leave.

Lead paint chips and salsa are not an appropriate appetizer.

366 Yds

Avg/Game 122.0

5 TDs

If LT were there not only would he not match those #'s, he'd be sulking all the time. Best in league? No way.

Great comparison....you're comparing a back who's rarely ever started to a back who's played starter since coming out in the draft. Many have questioned your football knowledge and the fact you don't even take into account the relative SHORT life span of a RB just furthers the argument.

Many say that LT is past his peak, but LT past his peak is still better than 50% of the RBs in this league. Sheesh.

As for Favre.....let it go. His numbers don't lie and neither does the fact that teams he QB'ed have actually won their division and made the playoffs. Two SB appearances, 4 NFC Championships. Any one here would give their left nut to have that kind of record over the last 10 years.

Not that you've proven worthy of my reply, but look at the opponents that a HEALTHY Turner has faced. I don't know if you noticed it, but my grandmother went in in the fourth quarter against Kansas City and rushed for 65 yards in clock winding mode.

Yes but I think you're underestimating your Grandma's ability to cut back and hit the hole fast.

LT is not a dominant back. He's not the type you can keep handing it to and ride him. He is not strong enough to run up the middle. And he runs too tall to have great lateral movement. He is great on screen plays, I grant you. But that's it. His TDs are mostly the product of defenses having to defend a superior TE in Gates.

Favre is not a "modern QB" in the sense of Manning or Brady who read defenses and make adjustments. He basically plays a "pickup" game where he locks on guys and plays, tries to force the ball in when he should throw it away and all too often throws "Hail Mary" jump balls. He hasn't played in a Super Bowl in over a decade. And his record there is 1 & 1. He came up flat in last year's Conference Final against the Giants at home. Other than his longevity record which I grant is amazing, I find nothing extraordinary about him. Packers had a better view of this than anyone and it's no wonder they let him leave.

Did you not see LT scopre 30 somethin TD's a few years ago!!! :thumbsup:

Reggie Bush is my other back, and he has been racking up the points for me, too. (Except for last week, when all of my RBs took the week off.)

What kind of league are you in where you could get LT, Turner & Bush???? Either your in a 2 man league or your in a league with a bunch of morons.

What kind of league are you in where you could get LT, Turner & Bush???? Either your in a 2 man league or your in a league with a bunch of morons.

OR, I'm a freaking genius!!!

:thumbsup:

I figured Turner would fly under the radar, and I was right. I also sacrificed my QB position (Hasselback and Favre) to get this done.

Yeah, a first ballot HOFer is overrated. :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol:

I've got Michael Jenkins, Joseph Addai, Willis McGahee and Darren Sproles. I started Sproles tonight because of LT's injury but I would have been better off starting McGahee. I didn't because he's supposed to be part of a three headed RB monster in B-more.

The poster actually does have a point. Although I think Tomlison is pretty dam good & definately a first ballot HOFer, RBs hit the wall pretty fast. Last 2yrs LT seems like he always has some kind of nagging injury & I remember the same thing happened to Faulk. I had him the one year in my fantasy towards the end of his career, & the year before the guy who had MF single handily won the league for him. The year I had him though he would light it up on some weeks, but other weeks he would just not play because he had some kind of injury or he was ineffective. LT is still dam good, but your seeing these nagging injuries come into play with him now that you never saw before. Happens to every back. Body takes a pounding being a RB.

Favre has been overrated for years. I never seen a guy make so many dumb boneheaded plays & not receive any grief from the media. It is like there is an unwritten code that you can not speak bad about Brett if your in the media.

I wondered who that was. The way she used her walker to stiff arm was amazing! She's one tough old broad!

Lead paint chips and salsa are not an appropriate appetizer.

+ a quart of tequila with 10 worms.

366 Yds

Avg/Game 122.0

5 TDs

Instead of focusing on the last couple of games - in which he's been hurt, I might add - why don't you consider his body of work over the past, oh I don't know, seven years. Geez.

Instead of focusing on the last couple of games - in which he's been hurt, I might add - why don't you consider his body of work over the past, oh I don't know, seven years. Geez.

What, you mean stuff like being a 5-time Pro Bowler, 4-time All-Pro, 2006 AP and PFWA league MVP, more career rushing TD's than Sweetness, over 10,000 rushing yards for his career, and five NFL records, including the single-season record holder for TD's and rushing TD's? That's crazy talk. It's all about these last three games.

Would you trade Edwards for Favre? I wouldn't. Yet the media thinks Favre makes Jets a Super Bowl contender and barely know who Edwards is.

Would you trade Lynch for LT? I wouldn't. We don't need a prima donna on the team that will complain about everything when in fact he has been shown up by his long time backup Michael Turner.

The poster actually does have a point. Although I think Tomlison is pretty dam good & definately a first ballot HOFer, RBs hit the wall pretty fast. Last 2yrs LT seems like he always has some kind of nagging injury & I remember the same thing happened to Faulk. I had him the one year in my fantasy towards the end of his career, & the year before the guy who had MF single handily won the league for him. The year I had him though he would light it up on some weeks, but other weeks he would just not play because he had some kind of injury or he was ineffective. LT is still dam good, but your seeing these nagging injuries come into play with him now that you never saw before. Happens to every back. Body takes a pounding being a RB.

Favre has been overrated for years. I never seen a guy make so many dumb boneheaded plays & not receive any grief from the media. It is like there is an unwritten code that you can not speak bad about Brett if your in the media.

I agree..He may be nearing the wall..but in his prime, when he carried SD on his shoulders he was dominant..

So dominant, opposing D's knew that was all SD had and they couldn't stop him...now, as Borat would say..not so much.

I dont even know how to respond to this besides asking, have you ever watched him play and do you have any type of a football clue?