2 Most Over Rated Players on Full Display Tonight

truth on hold

LT is not a dominant back. He's not the type you can keep handing it to and ride him. He is not strong enough to run up the middle. And he runs too tall to have great lateral movement. He is great on screen plays, I grant you. But that's it. His TDs are mostly the product of defenses having to defend a superior TE in Gates.

Favre is not a "modern QB" in the sense of Manning or Brady who read defenses and make adjustments. He basically plays a "pickup" game where he locks on guys and plays, tries to force the ball in when he should throw it away and all too often throws "Hail Mary" jump balls. He hasn't played in a Super Bowl in over a decade. And his record there is 1 & 1. He came up flat in last year's Conference Final against the Giants at home. Other than his longevity record which I grant is amazing, I find nothing extraordinary about him. Packers had a better view of this than anyone and it's no wonder they let him leave.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LT is not a dominant back. He's not the type you can keep handing it to and ride him. He is not strong enough to run up the middle. And he runs too tall to have great lateral movement. He is great on screen plays, I grant you. But that's it. His TDs are mostly the product of defenses having to defend a superior TE in Gates.

Favre is not a "modern QB" in the sense of Manning or Brady who read defenses and make adjustments. He basically plays a "pickup" game where he locks on guys and plays, tries to force the ball in when he should throw it away and all too often throws "Hail Mary" jump balls. He hasn't played in a Super Bowl in over a decade. And his record there is 1 & 1. He came up flat in last year's Conference Final against the Giants at home. Other than his longevity record which I grant is amazing, I find nothing extraordinary about him. Packers had a better view of this than anyone and it's no wonder they let him leave.

MODS! NOBODY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO POST WHILE SMOKING CRACK!!!

Name me a player who is dominant during an NFL game when they can barely walk during the week?

Do you follow football? Do you know the injuries LT is battling with right now? Don't you think playing at "75%" that he's not going to be "dominant"?

Now that he's out of LT's shadow, Michael Turner is tearing up the league on a vastly inferior Falcons team. And the Bolts incredible playoff comeback in Indy happened with LT watching from the sidelines. I'm sorry, I'm not going to join in and worship LT when he doesn't deserve it. And as I write this he picks up another garbage, stat-padding TD.