winfield and clements

BeastMode54

I think, alll in all, they were both pretty great players. Antoine didn't make a ton of "big plays", and really struggled with interceptions (or lack thereof), but was a great cover guy, a great hitter, and a solid tackler. He has become more of a ball hawk in Minnesota. Nate was not as solid down for down, and a little less consistant, but was more of a "playmaker"...all in all, I will say it is a wash. Two great players, most teams would be happy to have either of them.

I am going with Realist on this one.....they both jumped for big money and left the bills behind.....

They are dead to me....even if I do understand the financial part of it.

I don't think the Bills offered either a contract, did they? Can't stay where you aren't wanted.

Weren't they basically priced out of our range from the get go? I am quite sure they would have liked them to stay.

I understand the money.....but once a player is gone he is gone.

What I'm saying is, they didn't turn their back on the Bills. The Bills never extended them, didn't make them an offer in FA...what are they to do? There are players that leave for a little more $$ than the team offered and you might hold a grudge against them. But, how can you hold a grudge against a guy that wasn't made any offer?

Now, maybe I am wrong and offers were tendered, but I don't think they were. I also don't remember any drive to extend them a year or two before their contracts were due to end. AFAIK, the Bills simply let them walk.

I'm not blaming the Bills, either. They were moving in a different direction and wanted to spend the $$ differently. Fine, I get that. But, these guys both left on good terms, at least with me.

I know it's a random question, but after watching highlights this year and last, it seems as if Antoine has been the much bigger impact player for his new team. WHo would you say it was when they played for us?

Nate was Antoine in every respect but he made alot more picks. Gotta love those Buckeye DB's eh? :w00t: