So how good are the Bills

chard

Seahawks- Good team, maybe playoff team, but hurt. Bills play a solid game and win

Jaguars- Another good team but really beat up, we duke it out and win

Raiders- Not a good team, by any stretch. We let down but eke out a game we should have won regardless

Card and Rams coming up, neither a good team. We could be 5-0 and I'm still not sure that I'd have solid evidence that the Bills are for real. I want to start crowing, but all I've got to hang my helmet on is some really good mojo and a lot of faith.

I want to play good teams!!!!

WE are a team that has a found a way to play 60 minutes of football and come out as a winner...That is a characteristic of a GOOD football team.

If you want to look at the chains....

Bills beat Jacksonville beat Indianapolis

If Indy and Jacksonville are good teams, then the Bills are a good team.

Bills beat Seattle beat St. Louis.

Hopefully next week I can say Bills are better than both Seattle and St. Louis.

Seahawks- Good team, maybe playoff team, but hurt. Bills play a solid game and win

Jaguars- Another good team but really beat up, we duke it out and win

Raiders- Not a good team, by any stretch. We let down but eke out a game we should have won regardless

Card and Rams coming up, neither a good team. We could be 5-0 and I'm still not sure that I'd have solid evidence that the Bills are for real. I want to start crowing, but all I've got to hang my helmet on is some really good mojo and a lot of faith.

The Jags are good. With Hasselback and playing in a garbage division, Seattle should be a .500 team. Oakland impressed me. Russell is suspect, but their defense is good, they can run the ball, and they have excellent special teams. Lechler almost beat us himself today. I bet they win 6-7 games, but could mail it in at the end of the year depending on the coaching situation.

Good teams win games when they aren't playing well. There were several strange plays, ie: first kickoff, Evans fumble and dropped passes, simultaneous possession that went against us. These plays made it appear that we are not a good team but are just a result of an "off" day. I never got the feeling that Oakland was a better team than us. The bottom line is when you keep giving a good team opportunities to beat you, they will, and we did.

Weren't two out of three of these teams in the playoffs last year?

Seahawks and Jags. So what?. The 2008 Bills are not playing the 2007 Seahawks and Jags.

As of right now, the three opponents the 2008 Bills have played have a combined record of 3-6.

What would their record be if the Bills had lost to them?

If the 2008 Bills had lost all three games to their 2008 counterparts, the opponents record combined would be 6-3, and half this board would be under suicide watch.

What would their record be if the Bills had lost to them?

Zing....I'm just going to give the benefit of the doubt in that he's the new crayonz instead of being that dumb.

I still think Seattle sucks, but the Jax win looks pretty good. Their only other non-Bills game was a 7pt road loss to Tennessee, who they also lost to at home on opening day last year.

I might be a little biased in that I liked the Cardinals before the season - but they've done nothing to indicate they're a bad team in 3 games. I suspect that will be close to a pick 'em in Vegas.

Jax looked pretty good today against Indy, and they weren't hurting on Defense. They have one of the best fronts in the league on that side of the ball and we played pretty well against them. The Raiders had the best rushing attack in football with Run DMC and Michael "The Other" Bush combining for almost 250 yds last week. Their D is also pretty stout, particularly against the pass where, on paper at least, they have one of the best secondaries in the league. Buffalo managed to hold both their backs and Russell to a combined 98 yds rushing, and managed to put up 279 yds passing against the secondary. People were too quick to write the Raiders off as a horrible team. They have a lot of talent, they're just young and outcoached pretty much every game. Don't be surprised is they win 7 games this year. Buffalo's wins have been pretty solid, and I didn't seen anyone crying when the Pats* put up 56 on our badly wounded defense last year. Last year, we were a solid, but not good football team and we would have lost these last two games. This year, we are a good to very good football team overall, and we managed to find a way to get a tough road win last week, and win a game we shouldn't have. That's what good teams do. Look no further than the Dallas-Buffalo Monday Night game last year. Dallas has no business even being in that game with two minutes left, yet they beat us. Blame it on whatever you want, but they are and were a good team and they managed to win a game they were supposed too. Just like we did today.

The moral of the story so far is that our Defense is as good as any and will keep us in any game (although admittedly, it has yet to be tested).

Minus their flukey long TD, I had complete confidence in the D to hold the Raiders. I don't think they had any sustained drives.

If you take away our turnovers (one of which wasn't a turnover), take six off the board for the Raiders and give us 10ish back and its almost a blowout game.

When I reviewed the stats I was shocked to see how dominant we were.

Our first test on D will be with vaunted passing game of the Cardinals. Yeah, vaunted...

If the 2008 Bills had lost all three games to their 2008 counterparts, the opponents record combined would be 6-3, and half this board would be under suicide watch.

That would be my point. You're using our opponent's combined record to judge the Bills, yet its the Bills who decide our opponent's combined record. :flirt:

Circular reasoning.

The moral of the story so far is that our Defense is as good as any and will keep us in any game (although admittedly, it has yet to be tested).

Minus their flukey long TD, I had complete confidence in the D to hold the Raiders. I don't think they had any sustained drives.

If you take away our turnovers (one of which wasn't a turnover), take six off the board for the Raiders and give us 10ish back and its almost a blowout game.

When I reviewed the stats I was shocked to see how dominant we were.

Our first test on D will be with vaunted passing game of the Cardinals. Yeah, vaunted...

Good post. The Raiders longest sustained drive before the 84-yd TD was something like 27 yards...and the Bills mostly kept them out of the endzone despite multiple drive starts in Buffalo territory. Of course, until the 4th quarter the Bills' offense was completely out of sync, but turnovers were the primary reason they weren't leading and had to come back.

Turnover discrepancies always allow poorer teams to compete with the best ones -- just look at Buffalo-Dallas a year ago. Good teams will find ways to win games they've played poorly. All it took was one quarter of strong football to overcome a mediocre Raider team.

This has probably already been mentioned, but the fact McKelvin couldn't juke Janikowski on the 2nd half kickoff was a huge factor in the game as well.

I don't want the Bills to look past St. Louis, but as a fan I am allowed to. I agree that the Arizona game will be a key early season test for this club. Arizona is not "great" but their passing game is scary. If Buffalo can play back-to-back roadies -- including a trip out west -- and come out victorious, we'll know a lot more about this team.

The Bills are playing the schedule that they have been given. They are winning. Comeback victories are a sign of a good team no matter who their playing. The Bills are 3-0 and top of the AFC East. So far it looks like their pretty darn good or would you be happier if we were losing and could without a doubt say they were bad?

That would be my point. You're using our opponent's combined record to judge the Bills, yet its the Bills who decide our opponent's combined record. :flirt:

Circular reasoning.

That's right......our opponents would be 3-3 at this point had we not played them.