"Are the Patriots playing a game this weekend?"

This weekend is a stark reminder that no matter how good they are, the Patriots will always play second fiddle to the Red Sox. Two undefeated teams play at Foxboro at 4pm Sunday. Two division rivals. Pats and Jets. This would normally be a huge deal. But no one...not a soul...is talking Pats in Boston this week.

I wonder how it makes those guys feel?

PTR

I know you want to put down New England fans but come on dude be realistic for a minute here. The Pats are playing a regular season game against a divisional rival while the Red Sox are playing in the WORLD SERIES.

This just isnt a late season game against Tampa Bay. Then again I can see your point of view because Buffalo has zero competition in terms of sports franchises or anything else for that matter.

This weekend is a stark reminder that no matter how good they are, the Patriots will always play second fiddle to the Red Sox.  Two undefeated teams play at Foxboro at 4pm Sunday.  Two division rivals.  Pats and Jets.  This would normally be a huge deal.  But no one...not a soul...is talking Pats in Boston this week.

PTR

81337[/snapback]

Promo the Pats Fan,

Man you are really stretching it lately to get some Pats talk going on here.

Have you been banned from your own teams' website?

I know you want to put down New England fans but come on dude be realistic for a minute here.    The Pats are playing a regular season game against a divisional rival while the Red Sox are playing in the WORLD SERIES.     

This just isnt a late season game against Tampa Bay.    Then again I can see your point of view because Buffalo has zero competition in terms of sports franchises or anything else for that matter.

81343[/snapback]

Hey, I wasn't putting ANYONE down...I was stating a fact that was repeated on your own sports talk station! It's ironic that as good as your team is, they still take a back seat to the Red Sox. You Pats fas are WAYYYY too sensitive! BY the way...why do you guys hang out at a BILLS board? Won't they let you on the PATS boards?

As for you others, what am I? A Bills Fan or a Pats Fan? Make up your G*D**N minds!! I never thought I would see a post where I am accused of hating BOTH teams at once!

I am also amazed that I am still catching flack for putting the Bills down for their performance in last week's win. Most of you busting on me are newcomers to this board. I have been a member of TBD since it was part of the Rochester D&C. I suspect most of you were still crapping your diapers then.

PTR

What really sucks is that unless you have Sunday Ticket, those of us in Buffalo will not get the Patriots-Jets game after the Bills-Ravens game. It's a FOX "Doubleheader Sunday" so we get stuck with the Packers-Cowboys instead of a 5-0 vs 6-0 AFC East battle.

What really sucks is that unless you have Sunday Ticket, those of us in Buffalo will not get the Patriots-Jets game after the Bills-Ravens game. It's a FOX "Doubleheader Sunday" so we get stuck with the Packers-Cowboys instead of a 5-0 vs 6-0 AFC East battle.

81575[/snapback]

Actually, if you live in Richmond you get to see the Falcons and Chefs. OH BOY OH BOY thanks COMCAST! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

For those in this area, I found a pretty low key place to see the games in the West end. That place in the Sheridan is nice, 30 plasma screens, not lots of people.

Actually, if you live in Richmond you get to see the Falcons and Chefs. OH BOY OH BOY thanks COMCAST! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

For those in this area, I found a pretty low key place to see the games in the West end. That place in the Sheridan is nice, 30 plasma screens, not lots of people.

81685[/snapback]

Byron's Lobster House. Great food, good drinks and two brothers run it. A couple of really funny Greek guys. The skinny one who runs the kitchen is a huge Bills fan. Call them and see if they still have DTV, haven't been there in a while. the swarthy one runs the floor. Look like a couple of gun runners. Family affair. Both the good looking daughters work the tables. Last time I was there, we were sitting around near closing time lamenting the Bills fortunes and the owner went back to the cellar and brought me out a bottle of a nicely aged expensive Greek white wine. It was my Birthday. Good, good people. Very down to earth, and since it's a restaraunt, no stupid crap. (Bar area is separate, you can let your hair down a little more there, eat at the bar).

Guest taylor rain,OOOHHHHH YEEAAHHH,OH

i believe if i remember correctly,the pats had a higher rating then the sox last week on sunday in the boston market. pats also had a higher rating then the sox last year in the boston market when they played against the titans and the sox were playing a elimination game vs oak at fenway park at the same very time. i expect talk radio to be dominated by sox calls because of the obvious situation(world series).if this was the afc title game,or super bowl,it would be dif.

This weekend is a stark reminder that no matter how good they are, the Patriots will always play second fiddle to the Red Sox.  Two undefeated teams play at Foxboro at 4pm Sunday.  Two division rivals.  Pats and Jets.  This would normally be a huge deal.  But no one...not a soul...is talking Pats in Boston this week.

PTR

81337[/snapback]

It is interesting this fact. its true Boston is a Baseball ciy before the other sports, similarly to Buffalo always being a football city the sabres have at times excelled and generated excitement but hardly are they discussed year round as Bills are. I can remember also in Toronto, even in the years of Blue Jays world series champion teams games with 50,000 in sky dome, out of nowhere fans standing and cheering at first many of the ball players not understanding what on earth had happened, thing was a leaf had scored a goal. Where Boston is a baseball city foremost, Buffalo a football and Toronto a hockey city is no slight on anyone but just a factual truth of a particular regional bias of course these cities have very good fans of the other sports’ Its fair enough to wonder how the player on those team may feel playing second fiddle to the sport of a cities choice, Promo was alluding to that and the number of you that piled on him where and are out of line, hardly was it meaning to put down, but by many of the above responses you have done that to yourselves.

For what’s its worth being 5-0 is not a foreign notion to our Team The Buffalo Bills as the Jets are 5-0 for the first time in their history, the Bills started out in this fashion in 1991. I don’t think I am alone in being very proud of our Buffalo Bills achievements and in our view are second to nobody.

I think a number of you owe Promo a apology he did mean no wrong its time this board got back to folks respecting each other than used as device for thoughtless smack (imo)

You Pats fas are WAYYYY too sensitive! BY the way...why do you guys hang out at a BILLS board? Won't they let you on the PATS boards?

A question asked ad nauseum and to my knowledge yet to be answered. You may, however, get the all-encompassing "If you don't like it, put me on ignore" response that seems to come in so handy for so many.

Despite what your feeble mind may able to comprehend, it IS possible to be excited and interested in two local sporting teams.

81465[/snapback]

True, Pats Fans are mostly drunks and bandwagon jumpers but the Sox in the World Series is a BIG deal.

This should be a great series.