How many wins...

phypon

This is very unfair, but I think we could win the first FIVE games and some will argue we are not legitimate contenders. Easy schedule ...seattle and jacksonville had lots of critical injuries, then oakland, Arizona...well...you know the drill. Then we'll have the Yeah they are first in the AFC East but that's like being third anywhere else. I'm usually suspicious of the "we don't get no respect" talk...but frankly I don't think anyone is going to take us seriously until we actually WIN the first playoff game. On the other hand...it might not be too bad to have all of these teams not taking us seriously!

We're as legitimate a contender as any other AFC team. I can't think of any that are CLEARLY better than us. Thats not to say things can't change...we can go 2-14 and pick first in the draft. But that wouldn't change the fact that, as of September 18, we ARE contenders.

The Chargers game will be a big test, granted. To really be considered a legit "force" in the east you have to beat the Pats* in their house, PERIOD! :devil::(

We are only two games into the season with the third coming very quickly. I've been biting my nails since the first game. Don't get me wrong, I love what I've seen so far. But with so much disappointment coupled with the hype that has surrounded previous years and teams, I'm still waiting for it all to go bad. I'm not expecting it, I'm very happy with the team. I see a lot of potential and a lot of improvement from years past. I have a lot of hope, but I think that I'm so used to making myself not get too excited so quickly, that I'm trying to keep an even keel within myself.

For instance, usually the first game of the year, for any team, both teams play hard and is really not indicative of who they will become for the season because they've had so long to work on their respective game plans and have no tape of what the opponent has done in previous games for the new season. We know that first hand.

I suppose my questions is, for anyone that what I'm saying makes sense to, what are your thoughts on the season so far and how many games do we need to win before you "accept" this team as a legitimate playoff contender?

(remember the year when we opened the season trouncing the pats* and then beating the Jags) I think we are beyond that. I think that if we have a good showing and a solid win over Joakland, we are for real.

Just my thoughts and my question to you guys.

Thanks for reading.

Win the next three and play a close game (even win) against San Diego.

Then I will be convinced.

We're as legitimate a contender as any other AFC team. I can't think of any that are CLEARLY better than us. Thats not to say things can't change...we can go 2-14 and pick first in the draft. But that wouldn't change the fact that, as of September 18, we ARE contenders.

Which is somewhat scary because it may hint that the NFC may be getting equal or better than the AFC.

If we can get to 6-2 we should be in good shape.

Then we face the Putz* 2x (4 or 5 weeks after their bye), Browns @ home and Bronco's on the road.

This is very unfair, but I think we could win the first FIVE games and some will argue we are not legitimate contenders. Easy schedule ...seattle and jacksonville had lots of critical injuries, then oakland, Arizona...well...you know the drill. Then we'll have the Yeah they are first in the AFC East but that's like being third anywhere else. I'm usually suspicious of the "we don't get no respect" talk...but frankly I don't think anyone is going to take us seriously until we actually WIN the first playoff game. On the other hand...it might not be too bad to have all of these teams not taking us seriously!

fans and the media might not take us seriously but any coach worth a damn isnt going to overlook us. Ya we beat up some beat up teams but if you watch those games, one team wanted it more in both cases and that was us. The beat down of the seahawks, that team couldnt wait to leave after the third quarter and jacksonvile wilted in their own heat after having all the momentum and dominating the second half.

This team will be physical week in and week out. I have full confidence in this team after watching the preseason and the first two games that even if we are overmatched, physcially or underprepared it will still be a fight and we have the play makers to win those close games. Its going to be a fun season.

Plus once the Jets get demolished on monday night and the pats lose a few we are the favorites to win the east and that has to be recognized

I'd rather be the underdog, and flying under the radar. A lot of people in the sports media had us pegged from anywhere between 7-9 to 9-7, finishing 2nd or 3rd in the AFC East. All 3 phases of our team are working very well, when you have that, you're gonna win a lot of games. We're only going to get better as the season progresses.

I'll think we're a contender when we have 10 wins, or twice as many wins as losses a minimum of 9 games into the season.

I'll think we have a realistic chance of winning the Superbowl when we have 12 wins, win the Wildcad game convincingly, or are ahead in the AFC Campionship game.

In my opinion, you can tell with your eyes- don't even look at standings. I think we are a fringe contender, but not a superbowl contender. We have a shot at a first round upset, but it wnds there. Too thin at DT, not good enough at DE or WR. Too inexperienced at QB.

I will say that I expect New England to deteriorate as the season goes on- except for their line, they are pretty old on defense- and that defense can only carry them for so long. Last season's offense is hurting them right now- they went too much on finesse and I don't see them getting to much of a power game with less that a full season to work on it.

We should finish with around 8-9 wins, IMHO, maybe better if our strong start continues (I can see 5-0 or 4-1 happening- and it should be 5-0 based on the college teams we play in the next 3 weeks)