I paid a visit to the Raiders board.

lets_go_bills

They're saying the only way the Raiders could hope to win Sunday is if Ed Hochuli is reffing, sending calls their way and if Buffalo forgeys, and shows up to play on Monday instead of Sunday.

:thumbsup:

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-ra...rking-week.html

Not what I was expecting. They can't even get behind their own team.

Also, someone posted that Land Kiffin said that had the Raiders passed on Russell and taken Johnson, they would have picked Trent Edwards in round 2. Crazy, if it's true.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-ra...-round-2-a.html

They're basically banking on us overlooking/looking past them.

I think this is a trap game, and we can't get too excited and too ahead of ourselves. We have to respect the Raiders and play our game of football. Control the tempo and know that the Raiders are a wounded team with a lame duck coach, which means they may not hold anything back as they've nothing to lose.

Tread carefully Bills, it's our year.

It's games like this that make me thankful Jauron is our coach. Not flashy, not daring, but come game day our guys are prepared no matter who the opponent is. Trap games are null and void when Jauron is the coach. He won't allow our guys to overlook ANYONE.

They're saying the only way the Raiders could hope to win Sunday is if Ed Hochuli is reffing, sending calls their way and if Buffalo forgeys, and shows up to play on Monday instead of Sunday.

:thumbsup:

Also, someone posted that Land Kiffin said that had the Raiders passed on Russell and taken Johnson, they would have picked Trent Edwards in round 2. Crazy, if it's true.

I think this is a trap game, and we can't get too excited and too ahead of ourselves. We have to respect the Raiders and play our game of football. Control the tempo and know that the Raiders are a wounded team with a lame duck coach, which means they may not hold anything back as they've nothing to lose.

Not surprised. Who could support the crap they show on and off the field?

:beer:

ive been thinking the same thing. but then i realized that the next game is against the Rams...

so maybe theyre looking past both to the...

Cardinals?

:thumbsup: Go Bills!

It's games like this that make me thankful Jauron is our coach. Not flashy, not daring, but come game day our guys are prepared no matter who the opponent is. Trap games are null and void when Jauron is the coach. He won't allow our guys to overlook ANYONE.

Losing is too fresh an experience for most of the players to start thinking winning is automatic. I think Donte Whitner would have something to say to any player who wasn't taking this game serious.

PTR

I actually heard the clip of him saying that the other day....yeah it was interesting. Surprised there wasn't a thread on it.

I agree, also this team can't afford any to overlook anyone. I think they realize that a loss here will make all of the work they've done so far fall to the ground.

ive been thinking the same thing. but then i realized that the next game is against the Rams...

so maybe theyre looking past both to the...

Cardinals?

:( Go Bills!

:devil::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You almost made me geyser my water this morning!!

I actually heard the clip of him saying that the other day....yeah it was interesting. Surprised there wasn't a thread on it.

Yeah, I heard it on WGR. If they would have gone another direction in the draft and JR was not the Raiders first pick, they would have drafted TE's in the second round. Not too surprising, he went to Stanford so I am sure they were well aware of him. Good to know that other teams thought highly of him though, even though it's the Raiders.

I think this whole notion of drafting Edwards in the 2nd round is silly by the Raiders. Granted, some draft prognisticators said Edwards could have been a late first or early second rounder, there were still 5 quarterbacks ahead of Edwards (Russell, Quinn, Kolb, Beck, Stanton). I still understand that they might have had a keen eye on Edwards because he's from the area, but this is still splitting hairs, and hindsight is always 20/20.

Edwards in Oakland - come on. I love Trent Edwards and I hope he's going to be a great Pro Bowl caliber QB in this league, but he would have sucked. The reason why Edwards has been good so far in Buffalo is because of the way we have developed him (crazy thing, right?). We've got an O line that can pass protect with the best of them, and we didn't push him for greatness last year. Instead, we let him grow at an acceptable pace. If he played in Oakland, he would have been toast before he even started a game. With that O Line, trent would have been sacked on every other play, just like at Stanford, and hurt himself way to many times before he would have ever gotten a chance. Thank GOD we drafted the kid!

Another thing too, when Russell was coming out, I thought it was going to be a pretty stupid pick to draft him in the top ten. Sorry, I'm no "TFG" jerk with a website that "failed," so you're just going to have to take my word, like it or not. I've always thought it was pretty dumb to pick a QB #1 or #2 overall, especially these days when you have to give out 60 mil (20 guaranteed) to a guy that's gonna have to sit a year or two and not actually produce until year 3 or 4 (at which point you have to give him another rediculous contract off of 1 or 2 years of work). It's silly. I figured him as a huge quarterback with freak skills that probably wouldn't make it on the next level. But the thing is, they drafted him and now they have to support that pick.

That's what I don't understand with Kiffin. You go out and say "If we didnt draft Russell we would have drafted Edwards." Really? So what does that say to your confidence in your QB after 2 games? I don't like you? Obviously this is a shot against Davis. I know everybody says Russell sucks right now (me included), but it still has been only 2 games. He's only thrown the ball only 40 times in 2 games, and only completing 53% of his passes, but the kid has still thrown 2 TDs and zero picks for a 84.9 QB rating. As I said, I don't think he will pan out (especially in Oakland with continuous turmoil, and another 2-3 coaches and 5 new coordinators the next few years) but you still gotta give the guy a chance. We have no idea how this season (or next) will turn out. Russell could go on an get the system this year or next and make Edwards look second rate in comparison (HE BETTER NOT!). But, we literally have no idea.

This is why I question the way Kiffin is coaching. He knew going in what Al Davis ran the Raiders, and now is so befuddled at the way he is being treated. You were hired when you were 31 years old, and you didn't think Davis would try to turn you into a puppet? It's the way it works over there, Davis' way or the highway. Of course you will have little say in personell, of course you can't hire/fire your assnt coaches.

He obviously saw this job as a stepping stone to greater things. Okay, I get that. I thought he probably was a good coach with a good future in this league, but the past two weeks have changed my view on the guy. Him speaking out against Davis the way he is makes him look like an impetulent player, not an NFL coach. When you signed up for the job, you understood that it comes with all the weight, scrutiny, and criticism. Most NFL coaches get that, and if they don't they gone pretty quick (see Mike Mularkey). He needs to act like a coach, and take it gracefully (wrong word, more like a man) until he gets fired. He's not doing himself any favors by snapping back at Davis. Why would anyone want to hire a guy that speaks out against his employer, even if it is Davis? He has the entire United States and the sports media on his side championing his case; he doesn't need to put his two cents in, it just makes him look bad. I read an espn blog the other day (looking for the link right now) that said basically this point.

GO BILLS!

I think this whole notion of drafting Edwards in the 2nd round is silly by the Raiders. Granted, some draft prognisticators said Edwards could have been a late first or early second rounder, there were still 5 quarterbacks ahead of Edwards (Russell, Quinn, Kolb, Beck, Stanton). I still understand that they might have had a keen eye on Edwards because he's from the area, but this is still splitting hairs, and hindsight is always 20/20.

Oakland had the first pick in the 2nd and 3rd round, so I don't think it's that far fetched that they would have used one of those picks (most likely the latter) to grab Edwards.

That's what I don't understand with Kiffin. You go out and say "If we didnt draft Russell we would have drafted Edwards." Really? So what does that say to your confidence in your QB after 2 games? I don't like you? Obviously this is a shot against Davis. I know everybody says Russell sucks right now (me included), but it still has been only 2 games. He's only thrown the ball only 40 times in 2 games, and only completing 53% of his passes, but the kid has still thrown 2 TDs and zero picks for a 84.9 QB rating. As I said, I don't think he will pan out (especially in Oakland with continuous turmoil, and another 2-3 coaches and 5 new coordinators the next few years) but you still gotta give the guy a chance. We have no idea how this season (or next) will turn out. Russell could go on an get the system this year or next and make Edwards look second rate in comparison (HE BETTER NOT!). But, we literally have no idea.

I don't get that impression at all. What he said was not a knock against Russell at all. He didn't say I wish we would have drafted Edwards instead of Russell. Every team has numberous draft boards going into the draft, layed out with numberous situations. One of the Raiders scenario's had them picking someone other than JR, probably Joe Thomas. And then going to a QB later in the draft, in this case Edwards. I don't see how that has anything to do with the current situation of the Raiders and in no way does it show a lack of confidence in JR. I really believe JR is going to be a good QB. But maybe the Raiders would have been better off selecting Joe Thomas and Trent Edwards in that draft, luckily we'll never know.

This is why I question the way Kiffin is coaching. He knew going in what Al Davis ran the Raiders, and now is so befuddled at the way he is being treated. You were hired when you were 31 years old, and you didn't think Davis would try to turn you into a puppet? It's the way it works over there, Davis' way or the highway. Of course you will have little say in personell, of course you can't hire/fire your assnt coaches.

I agree. W Sapp stated on inside the NFL this week that there too many bosses in Oakland for the team to function. And it's not just Al Davis, it sounds like a truley messed up organization. They need to gut the organization internally before this team starts winning.

Losing is too fresh an experience for most of the players to start thinking winning is automatic. I think Donte Whitner would have something to say to any player who wasn't taking this game serious.

PTR

AGREED!!!!!!!!

i love that guy!!!

The Bills are all pros and won't overlook anyone but really, the Raiders are not going to be much of a test at all.

Seriously, when was the last time the Raiders were good? And besides, they are crossing the country to play in Buffalo and that is never easy.

I will say this about the Raiders though, their play-by-play guy is fantastic. Thanks Sirius!