Kurt Warner walks on water

RLflutie7

Oh, I forgot, he had 7 bad games and he got hurt.

Two time MVP and goes to two Superbowls and throws 41 TDs in one season. You don't get rid of a guy that does that. How stupid can you get.

I watched the Dolphins-Cardinals game and Kurt was killing the Dolphins.

Put Kurt Warner on the current Rams team and they make the playoffs.

Thoughts?

They got rid of him because they had Bulger sitting on the bench. And he was younger and cheaper.

FWIW, Warner also stunk it up in NY. And the biggest reason he is doing so well in arizona is because he has the best WR tandem in the league (similar to when he had Bruce and Holt in their primes).

The emphasis should have been on "Kurt was killing THE DOLPHINS". Recall that Trent Edwards threw 4 TDs against this sorry bunch last year.

You are right that Warner is a fine QB when his protection holds up. However, he is not mobile in the slightest and is very reliant upon a great offensive line and quality receivers to perform well. I dare say that Bledsoe would perform quite well given the supporting cast that Warner currently has. Perhaps, more than anything else, that is a major indictment of Matt Linart. As for the Rams, looking at their woeful OL, Kurt should be happy that he is playing in Arizona.

They got rid of him because they had Bulger sitting on the bench. And he was younger and cheaper.

FWIW, Warner also stunk it up in NY. And the biggest reason he is doing so well in arizona is because he has the best WR tandem in the league (similar to when he had Bruce and Holt in their primes).

So keep a guy because he was cheaper. Bulger sucks. And Warner played in like, what, four games with the Giants. If the wideouts are the best, what's holding Leinart back?

As they say in the presidential elections >>> "It's the economy, stupid".

In the NFL "It's the QB, stupid".

Oh, I forgot, he had 7 bad games and he got hurt.

Two time MVP and goes to two Superbowls and throws 41 TDs in one season. You don't get rid of a guy that does that. How stupid can you get.

I watched the Dolphins-Cardinals game and Kurt was killing the Dolphins.

Put Kurt Warner on the current Rams team and they make the playoffs.

Thoughts?

You realize Bulger was at times top 5 QB after Warner left right?

The emphasis should have been on "Kurt was killing THE DOLPHINS". Recall that Trent Edwards threw 4 TDs against this sorry bunch last year.

You are right that Warner is a fine QB when his protection holds up. However, he is not mobile in the slightest and is very reliant upon a great offensive line and quality receivers to perform well. I dare say that Bledsoe would perform quite well given the supporting cast that Warner currently has. Perhaps, more than anything else, that is a major indictment of Matt Linart. As for the Rams, looking at their woeful OL, Kurt should be happy that he is playing in Arizona.

So, Matt Leinert does indeed suck the big one. And there's probably no hope for him, I would tend to agree with that.

BTW, how many 100-yard games has E. James put up? Last I checked he had one in 29 games.

So, Warner has no running game.

You realize Bulger was at times top 5 QB after Warner left right?

Yes I did. I do play fantasy football and he also can be a stat machine. But the trends are hard to ignore. The Rams have gone down and the Cardinals, long being "the arm pit" of the NFL, suddenly look very hard to beat.

Put Leinart in their and the Cardinals turn to whimps over night.

The Rams' problems are not with the QB. It starts with the sorry state of the offensive line, which Martz seems to believe is not required for a successful team and the current administration has not been able to fix.

Don't kid yourself, if Warner had stayed with the Rams he'd probably be out of the league now after taking one too many hits. They did him a favor by letting him go.

So keep a guy because he was cheaper. Bulger sucks. And Warner played in like, what, four games with the Giants. If the wideouts are the best, what's holding Leinart back?

As they say in the presidential elections >>> "It's the economy, stupid".

In the NFL "It's the QB, stupid".

Bulger sucks? haha ok. All you need to do is go and watch the highlight clips on NFL.com where teams are shredding themm RAMS. You will see opposing QB's with way to much time to throw and Bulger getting sacked. If that doesn't tell you what is wrong with the RAMS then nothing will.

By the end of the year the RAMS Headcoach and GM will be fired.

The Rams' problems are not with the QB. It starts with the sorry state of the offensive line, which Martz seems to believe is not required for a successful team and the current administration has not been able to fix.

Don't kid yourself, if Warner had stayed with the Rams he'd probably be out of the league now after taking one too many hits. They did him a favor by letting him go.

At the end of his tenure with the Rams, he was having major fumbling problems, wasn't he?

I believe he had some concussion issues as well.

Maybe the few years of relative inactivity allowed him to heal up and clear out the cobwebs a little.

Having Boldin and Fitzgerald certainly helps, as well.

Like Warner having two of the best WR's in the NFL in both St. Louis and Arizona? :unsure:

You really have to respect what Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin have done so far in their careers. Neither of them has above average speed and neither one is ridiculously tall (6-2 for Fitzy and 6-1 for Boldin) but theyre both incredible route runners and YAC machines who seem to have an insatiable desire to find the end zone.

Yes I did. I do play fantasy football and he also can be a stat machine. But the trends are hard to ignore. The Rams have gone down and the Cardinals, long being "the arm pit" of the NFL, suddenly look very hard to beat.

Put Leinart in their and the Cardinals turn to whimps over night.

That is the absolute WEAKEST answer someone can give. Watching football and playing FF are total opposites.

Since leaving the Rams, Warner's record as a starter is 15-22. Bulger is 38-34.

Yeah, being on the league's 4th worst team and then to the Cards was the same as a team that was consistently in the playoffs.

QBs don't win games by themselves and comparing starting records is ridiculous when the teams are different.