Ben Troupe Released

I remember one article I read touting him as the next Antonio Gates, I think he ran 4.5 and had a forty inch vertical. I guess he couldn't translate his athleticism into on field success. Although I remember him having a nice sophomore season with the Titans he never really did anything afterward.

I remember one article I read touting him as the next Antonio Gates, I think he ran 4.5 and had a forty inch vertical. I guess he couldn't translate his athleticism into on field success. Although I remember him having a nice sophomore season with the Titans he never really did anything afterward.

I admit. I wanted him here.. :rolleyes:

So far, our tight end play hasn't been its' perenial negative. It appears Royal truely committed to stepping up. :flirt:

I lost a lot of respect when he visited Buffalo dressed like a thug. When you are coming in for a visit with a team looking for a job and with this organization and the way they preach character I would have thought he would have worn a nice suite and presented himself nicely. If I can recall he wore a hat to the visit aswell. Everyone else who visited wore something nice.......

Honestly, I wouldnt be shocked if Buffalo made a pass at him for just that.....

If I can recall he wore a hat to the visit aswell. Everyone else who visited wore something nice.......

Honestly, I wouldnt be shocked if Buffalo made a pass at him for just that.....

Well, you know what they say....Bills make passes at tight ends who wear hatses.

I have no problem admitting I wanted to sign him at all. The guy has a lot of ability but just doesn't apply himself it seems. He'd be great in the Schouman-role as a move-around 2nd TE if was willing to work hard and learn the offense. Oh well......

I have no problem admitting I wanted to sign him at all. The guy has a lot of ability but just doesn't apply himself it seems. He'd be great in the Schouman-role as a move-around 2nd TE if was willing to work hard and learn the offense. Oh well......

I wouldn't mind seeing if he had anything else to contribute in that type of role myself. Maybe this (being cut) would motivate him. Only issue I have with the signing would be that it would take someone spot, and think we're just about set everywhere else, right? :flirt:

I wouldn't mind seeing if he had anything else to contribute in that type of role myself. Maybe this (being cut) would motivate him. Only issue I have with the signing would be that it would take someone spot, and think we're just about set everywhere else, right? :flirt:

Well, he could had for a lot cheaper now than in the Spring... I don't think the Bills are interested.

Welcome aboard, Slo!