Who remembers...

BLZFAN4LIFE

This? 1991 AFC Championship game in Buffalo when we reamed the Raiders a new <_< hole!!! ;):devil:

The '91 AFC Championship Game (51-3; greatest game ever played by Bills) was played in Buffalo in January. This cover is from the regular season game in Oakland the following season, in December of '91.

The '91 AFC Championship Game (51-3; greatest game ever played by Bills) was played in Buffalo in January. This cover is from the regular season game in Oakland the following season, in December of '91.

Wow! Great catch!!! I was going by memory and always associated that cover with the Championship game. In any event we did stomp their 455 and we'll do it again on Sunday!!!

That wasn't the best game Scottie Norwood had, IIRC.

Yeah, I remember that too. He missed a couple in regulation. I seem to recall some quote from Thurman at the time about what would have happened had he missed again.

Yeah, I remember that too. He missed a couple in regulation. I seem to recall some quote from Thurman at the time about what would have happened had he missed again.

i see visions of scott norwood in my worst nightmares. he did somehow kick that fourth quarter 50+ yarder in Jan 92 in freezing temps to hold off denver in the 91 afc title. was norwoods greatest kick ever. no one talks about it and no one remebers it happened after sb 25

Wow! Great catch!!! I was going by memory and always associated that cover with the Championship game. In any event we did stomp their 455 and we'll do it again on Sunday!!!

The white jerseys on Bills is the giveaway (besides the date on the cover). Bills wore their royal blue jerseys for 90 AFC title game.

They say blowouts aren't fun to watch, but that game was by far the most fun I ever had at Rich Stadium. In come the 'Big Bad Raiders', touting their defensive unit as one of the best ever - freakin' Kelly & the Bills marched down that field so methodically on the opening drive that Raiders' coach Art Shell had to call a time-out less than 2 minutes into the game to try and figure out how to stop the Bills no-huddle. The look on Shell's (and Howie Long's) face was priceless - pure shell shock (no pun intended). They couldn't do a damned thing to stop us, and the Bills were up 41-3 at the half!

BTW, that Bills dynasty really 'took hold' two years earlier, when we went to the AFC title game against the Browns (and Ronnie Harmon had his infamous drop in the final seconds). That's where I see this current Bills team - about two years ahead of where everyone else in the league thinks we are...

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :wallbash:

So, to the OP, the answer is no, you don't remember. Others are correct about the reg. season game @ LA -Norwoods' fiasco- including a botched extra point! Al Edwards took a KR to the house and the Raiders giftwrapped the game with an O.T. int.

We played the Raiders a number of times during that era and -IMO- the best game was a night game in 1990 at home where we came from way back with a Tasker blocked punt that JD Williams took to the house, a long Kelly to Lofton TD pass and Nate Odomes robbery along the sidelines. Both teams were undefeated at the time and would meet again -sans Bo- in the title game.

That's how I remember it anyway.. :lol:

They say blowouts aren't fun to watch, but that game was by far the most fun I ever had at Rich Stadium. In come the 'Big Bad Raiders', touting their defensive unit as one of the best ever - freakin' Kelly & the Bills marched down that field so methodically on the opening drive that Raiders' coach Art Shell had to call a time-out less than 2 minutes into the game to try and figure out how to stop the Bills no-huddle. The look on Shell's (and Howie Long's) face was priceless - pure shell shock (no pun intended). They couldn't do a damned thing to stop us, and the Bills were up 41-3 at the half!

Ha, shell shocked...good one. Yeah, we were there, just dancing and singing the whole freaking game...party party party.

As I remember it, that time out was called after only the Bills third or fourth offensive play of the game, and the really funny thing was that we scored on the very next play, after the time out.

You know, even at 51-3 we showed class. We pulled in our horns at the end of that game. If we had creeping Patriots* disease we could have run that score up even higher.

And, yes, blowouts can be fun to watch. After this one my second favorite blowout game was Jimmy Johnson/Dan Marino's final game in the NFL. :lol: