Grading Jason Peters

Kelly the Dog

Fool me once shame on you, ....

The Pro Bowl selections are not always correct. The Bills should wait until this season is near over before they cought up big $$$.

And ONLY after Lee Evans contract is taken care of.

Bingo!!!!! Ding ding ding ding ding....we have a winner!!!!!

Freakin' PayMe Peters lucks into the Pro Bowl once - which he couldn't play in because of a torn groin and sports hernia - and everyone thinks we should kiss the guy's ass and shower him with money like he's been a perennial Pro Bowl selection for the last 5 years.

Screw Peters.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about the OL when they get beat by the DL guy they are supposed to block and they can see the DL closing in on the QB's blindside like the guy that sacked and stripped the ball from TE. Why dont they shout to TE and tell him to look out ! Blindside coming ! Throw the ball !

The LG could have shouted this as well on that play ! What gives ?

lets move away from the old school letter grades (A-F) and put this in terms relevant to Peters and Parker. Millions of dollars. especially since they are in the line of thinking that contracts mean nothing and you should be paid strictly on your last performance.

along this new grading policy, id say that so far, Peters has performed like a $1-2million player. Based off of his limited time in the first 1/8th of the season.

now, for the sake of my favorite TEAM, i hope this increases greatly. but even so, he has a LOOOOOOONG way to go if he wants to look like, and get paid like, a $10mil/year player.

I would grade him about a D+. Where did he run-block effectively?

Humm...there's something à propos about this post, but I just can't put my finger on it.

The Bills had five running plays to the left side yesterday (vs. 13 up the middle and 7 to the right), most likely in defference to Peter's lack of practice/contact conditioning. The runs to the left averaged 2.6 YPC (vs. 3.3 to the right and 3.1 up the middle), which while not great, was not off the charts bad.

Bingo!!!!! Ding ding ding ding ding....we have a winner!!!!!

Freakin' PayMe Peters lucks into the Pro Bowl once - which he couldn't play in because of a torn groin and sports hernia - and everyone thinks we should kiss the guy's ass and shower him with money like he's been a perennial Pro Bowl selection for the last 5 years.

Screw Peters.

I think there might be a happy medium between kissing butt and your bitterness and hatred for the man. Oh...wait, I forgot, you don't hate him, you merely despise him. Cheer up, maybe we will lose next week and you can find a way to blame it on Peters, that would really float your boat. Maybe he will get hurt and then you can really celebrate.

Humm...there's something à propos about this post, but I just can't put my finger on it.

The Bills had five running plays to the left side yesterday (vs. 13 up the middle and 7 to the right), most likely in defference to Peter's lack of practice/contact conditioning. The runs to the left averaged 2.6 YPC (vs. 3.3 to the right and 3.1 up the middle), which while not great, was not off the charts bad.

On the 11 yard TD up the middle, Peters pancaked his man in the middle of the field, clearing the way for Marshawn to score.

He did well overall, but he wasn't better than Walker in the SEA game. That said, it's only his first game back and he'll be fine. But I find it ironic how the pro-Peters camp was so adamant that we needed Peters to protect Edwards and the first time Edwards gets clobbered it's Peters that gets beat.

PTR

Did you sleep through the first quarter?

Edwards was blasted at the 5 on our second series as Fowler got beat right up the middle. So much for your sense of irony, or accuracy, or truth, etc.

On the 11 yard TD up the middle, Peters pancaked his man in the middle of the field, clearing the way for Marshawn to score.

BTW Kelly - I hhaven't forgotten our friendly wager. If Peters is still groin-pull free going into the Rams game, I'll need to buy you a cold one at the Chargers game. ;)

I think there might be a happy medium between kissing butt and your bitterness and hatred for the man. Oh...wait, I forgot, you don't hate him, you merely despise him. Cheer up, maybe we will lose next week and you can find a way to blame it on Peters, that would really float your boat. Maybe he will get hurt and then you can really celebrate.

You're ridiculous. And stupid, too, if you think I'd celebrate for a player to be injured.

The difference between us is that I think Peters' schitt smells like, well, schitt - you think it tastes like caviar.

You're ridiculous. And stupid, too, if you think I'd celebrate for a player to be injured.

The difference between us is that I think Peters' schitt smells like, well, schitt - you think it tastes like caviar.

No, the difference is you let an increasingly infantile personal grudge distort what actually happened in the game. Hate the guy all you want. Voice your displeasure for him all you want on your crusade. Just don't lie to support your petty claims, like "he played like schit" when he didn't play like schit. Joe DeLamielleure this morning said he thought Peters played remarkably well the entire game. He said he watched him specifically and was very impressed. He should know and he is the last person to just throw around accolades for no reason.

It's surely fair to have an opinion that Peters holdout affected his play and contributed to the sack, and the two plays when he didn't hold his block out of dozens. I believe that could have contributed myself. It is not a fact, it's an opinion. Saying Peters played like schitt the whole game is not an opinion, it's just a lie.

Yep, if one defends peters one must be eating his excrement, typical of your sound reasoning and obscene insults. I guess some towel snappers never get over their fascination with the obscene.

Based on your often expressed rage at Peters, the maligning of his character, the questioning of his skills, his intelligence and on and on, its not a stretch at all to think you would be pleased as hell if he got hurt, especially a groin injury. Afterall, you did vomit up dozens of posts asserting that his injury made him damaged goods. But no, you don't want to see him hurt, afterall, you only despise him, you don't hate him, isn't that the distinction without a difference you've been trying to hang your hat on?

You have been full of nothing but venom and bile for Peters and anyone who dared voice any support for him at all from the start. If you don't want to be mistaken for a mean spirited creep, stop acting like one.

No, the difference is you let an increasingly infantile personal grudge distort what actually happened in the game. Hate the guy all you want. Voice your displeasure for him all you want on your crusade. Just don't lie to support your petty claims, like "he played like schit" when he didn't play like schit. Joe DeLamielleure this morning said he thought Peters played remarkably well the entire game. He said he watched him specifically and was very impressed. He should know and he is the last person to just throw around accolades for no reason.

It's surely fair to have an opinion that Peters holdout affected his play and contributed to the sack, and the two plays when he didn't hold his block out of dozens. I believe that could have contributed myself. It is not a fact, it's an opinion. Saying Peters played like schitt the whole game is not an opinion, it's just a lie.

You may have a point, KTD - maybe saying he 'played like schitt' was over the top. He played like schitt for a guy who thinks he's worth $10M/year.

That better?

Yep, if one defends peters one must be eating his excrement, typical of your sound reasoning and obscene insults. I guess some towel snappers never get over their fascination with the obscene.

You're hysterical. Not 'ha ha funny hysterical' - literally hysterical. Seek help.

Based on your often expressed rage at Peters, the maligning of his character, the questioning of his skills, his intelligence and on and on, its not a stretch at all to think you would be pleased as hell if he got hurt, especially a groin injury. Afterall, you did vomit up dozens of posts asserting that his injury made him damaged goods. But no, you don't want to see him hurt, afterall, you only despise him, you don't hate him, isn't that the distinction without a difference you've been trying to hang your hat on?

Admit it - you jerk off in your gym sock as you gaze dreamily at the lifesize Jason Peters poster hanging above your bed.

You have been full of nothing but venom and bile for Peters and anyone who dared voice any support for him at all from the start. If you don't want to be mistaken for a mean spirited creep, stop acting like one.

Venom? Bile? Mean spirited creep?

Hey, you're the one hurling the personal insults at me here pal - starting with this one...

Hey, aren't you the guy who boo-hooed for a month about how he was out of shape and useless, that he "tore up his groin" and couldn't play? Yeah, I think you were that dumb ass, weren't you? What do you have to say about his groin now sherlock?

If I want to know anything about Peters groin, I'll just ask you.

You're ten years old, maybe twelve, right? Go buy yourself a clue.

You may have a point, KTD - maybe saying he 'played like schitt' was over the top. He played like schitt for a guy who thinks he's worth $10M/year.

That better?

I think the earlier response to one of your posts by Mickey hit the key point. Reality simply provides more than two alternatives of either you love everything Peters does and he can do no wrong or awarding him anything or finding any mistakes by him means his is schitt.

I think the real world solution to the overall problem is that the Bills should show Peters more money than he has ever seen before but not every last cent they have.

We showed Peters great respect and gave him a wonderful contract when they gave an extension to this UDFA. In return we got a great deal that he signed on with us for 3 more seasons from today. Since then he has even stepped up his accomplishments a huge notch in that this UDFA not only won the starter job which got him the extension but he won (and deserved in the view of many experts) the starting Pro Bowl nod at LT.

The Bill should not show him all the money in the world because he has only done this for one year. However, his additional achievements of being the best LT in the business does make him a good investment for a big chunk of change in exchange for even more years bound to the Bills.

There also seems to be a reasonable compromise here in that part of this big deal should be for non-guaranteed money so that both he and the Bills share the risk of this big deal. If he proves to be so bad then the Bills can simply cut him loose.

If not this compromise then fashion some other one.

The problem here is that both the Bills refuse to pay out any money for a new deal in 08 and that Peters refuses to talk at all unless the Bills agree to pay out early.

Both sides should talk and make a deal.

As far as this game, the folks who give him a D really undercut their own credibility.

We all have seen LT performances where the opposing end get multiple sacks and continual pressure on the QB and they do not throw a key block on a TD. We have seen LTs perform so badly that the QB cannot have a great day like Edwards did. What plays did Peters do a good job? In addition to the knockdown blocks cited, he did his job quite well i suspect on the long pass to Evans and the TD to Hardy.

If you honestly think Peters deserves a D then how much worse are games we have seen quite often where the end gets multiple sacks and the QB is unable to do anything.

Peters did not have a good day as his man beat him and caused a fumble. However, if on your scale this gives him a D your scale needs some work to reflect games which LTs produce somewhere is this league quite often.

For those who have the game available, or for those who have already looked at the play, repeatedly, I have a question or several, on the forced fumble play:

It appeared to me that Edwards took a fairly deep drop on that play. It also appeared the DL took a path around Peters, coming up behind Edwards. Now, under most circumstances, I would expect Trent to feel the pressure and step up in the pocket (as he did on the throw to Evans in the 4th quarter). But, as Bill pointed out, he also had pressure coming from the middle. So in reality, the bad play was a combination of Peters letting his guy get to the QB too quickly, the inability of Edwards to step up, due to another missed/poor block, and his decision to put the ball behind him anyway, to attempt make the throw. Of course, it is entirely possible that Trent didn't sense the man behind him...in which case he is less culpable, but still a part of the equation.

I am in no way suggesting that Peters didn't make a bad play here, it is obvious that he didn't properly handle his man. I'm just looking for the other factors that also seem to contribute to this fumble.

So my questions are: Is any/all of this accurate? If not, what did I miss?

Again, I am really looking for the intelligent/informed opinion. I understand that I will also get my share of stupid/uninformed "Superfan" and Stupidfan" comments, too, but I will do my best to ignore those.