Looks like Playoff-Caliber football to me

lets_go_bills

Great stuff there.

Started off good, had a rough 3rd quarter, came back, never lost control emotionally.

We had a huge 4th quarter drive engineered calm and cool by our hero QB who looks like he's arrived. Hardy made the catch, that's why we drafted him folks.

Huge stop on D. Great sack by Williams, just bulled his way to Garrard.

Big return by ST, who made up for that onside kick gaff.

ST nails the FG and the D puts away the Jags for good.

That is championship football.

I'm a big believer in intangibles like chemistry, unity, and confidence. Teams that don't have them lose games in the closing minutes, can't win on the road, and fail to put away teams that they should beat. The '08 Bills are proving that the intangibles are in tact by their performance in the first two games. This could be the season that Bills fans have been waiting for and DESERVE !!!!!!

I'm a big believer in intangibles like chemistry, unity, and confidence. Teams that don't have them lose games in the closing minutes, can't win on the road, and fail to put away teams that they should beat. The '08 Bills are proving that the intangibles are in tact by their performance in the first two games. This could be the season that Bills fans have been waiting for and DESERVE !!!!!!

Hell ya!

Great stuff there.

Started off good, had a rough 3rd quarter, came back, never lost control emotionally.

We had a huge 4th quarter drive engineered calm and cool by our hero QB who looks like he's arrived. Hardy made the catch, that's why we drafted him folks.

Huge stop on D. Great sack by Williams, just bulled his way to Garrard.

Big return by ST, who made up for that onside kick gaff.

ST nails the FG and the D puts away the Jags for good.

That is championship football.

Honestly, despite the third quarter, all I could think of was as long as Trent got the ball he was going to do something with it. The O was a threat to score every time they touched the ball. If Peters didn't get blown up and cause the fumble we would have scored on that drive too.

I can't remember the last time I felt confident in the offense. Congrats to Trent, the O-line and especially Schonert for the way they've come out this year! KEEP IT UP!

Congrats to Hardy on his first regular season TD. Kid's a stud!

Youbouty was a MONSTER out there!

You hate to say a week 2 game is really that important.. or that it determines if you're a pretender or a contender. But...

This was no doubt a hugely important win, likely establishing the Bills as legitimate early contenders for a playoff spot. Two wins against 2007 playoff teams - one on the road and come from behind. It's the type of game that goes a long way to giving the team confidence in themselves and the coaches.

Stop. With. The. Playoffs.

Game 2.

I agree. Too early to talk playoffs.

Today was an ugly win in many ways. But good teams win ugly games and good teams beat teams they aren't expected to beat sometimes. If you want to even seriously contend for a wild card, you have to beat the ones who you're contending with, such as Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, etc.

....The teams from the last few seasons may have had a CHANCE at the wild card, but come on. How many threads did we read around here with all these 7-step scenarios for the Bills to get the #6 seed that were so complicated because we lost to the teams ahead of us?

Today was just the first step. There's still 14 games to go before anything is guaranteed.

I was telling my friend that this exact game situation occured 100x in the past, and the bills found a way to lose every last one of them. The formula for past failure was simple: come out strong, hold down the fort for a few series, start to fade, allow the other team to go ahead, then fail in the end. This game was different... That long TD drive by the bills in the 4th quarter is what this team has been missing for this entire decade. No way in hell would a bills team of the past been able to put that drive together and then get into field goal position to make it 20-16. As an added bonus, the defense held strong at the end. I'm telling you people, that kind of performance has been missing for ten !@#$ years.

Honestly, despite the third quarter, all I could think of was as long as Trent got the ball he was going to do something with it. The O was a threat to score every time they touched the ball. If Peters didn't get blown up and cause the fumble we would have scored on that drive too.

I can't remember the last time I felt confident in the offense. Congrats to Trent, the O-line and especially Schonert for the way they've come out this year! KEEP IT UP!

Congrats to Hardy on his first regular season TD. Kid's a stud!

Youbouty was a MONSTER out there!

I've got to agree with you there. Trent looks like a guy who will become a star QB. Marshawn is a beast, fast freddie is a great #2, our line is in the top 1/3 rd of the league, and Hardy is a great addition to LE and Roscoe. I have total confidence in this O and they should only improve as the season goes on!!!