Awful week to be in a suicide league!

The Big Cat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After picking Philly over STL last week, I'm still in the hunt. Because of the Bears, Falcons, and Panthers games 18 of the league's 50 people now find themselves with the option to buy back in! But this week is a KILLER! No clear winners anywhere!

• CHI @ CAR- 2 schizophrenic teams facing off here, no CLUE which squad will show up for either of them.
  • TEN @ CIN- I like TEN here, but now that VY is down and with them playing in Cincy, it's a tough call.
  • GB @ DET- *I won't pick games from divisional matchups

• BUF @ JAC- I do actually feel very confident about the Bills, but my glasses are also a fine rose color and I don't want to throw the Bills away just yet (2 games against MIA to go!)
  • OAK @ KC- *Ibid
  • IND @ MIN- Indy will be looking to bounce back, but they've got a TOUGH one here on the road against the team that a.) runs the ball and b.) stops the run. Hard to bet against those attributes.

• NYG @ STL- The Giants could be a steady pick here. They love winning on the road, but then again this is the home-opener for STL so anything could conceivably happen. Plus, I picked STL to lose last week...
  • NO @ WAS- See Chi @ Car
  • SF @ SEA- * Ibid
  • ATL @ TB- * Ibid

• MIA @ ARI- I like AZ here, but again Miami's home opener. I might be the only person here who thinks Miami might actually be dangerous. I liken them to a sick animal- they really have nothing to lose and are getting awfully tired of getting kicked around.
  • SD @ DEN- *Ibid

• BAL @ HOU- I could also go with Houston in this game, but don't know enough about either team to put my money where my mouth is. I didn't expect Baltimore to win last week.
  • NE @ NYJ * Ibid
  • PIT @ CLE *Ibid
  • PHI @ DAL *Ibid

So my very short list of potential winners this week is AZ, NYG, HOU, and Buffalo. Yikes! Anybody have any suggestions?

Uhhhh..................Miami's at Arizona. I think you made decent selections though. I'd surely take GB over Detroit though. Did you see that performance last week against, of all teams, the Falcons?

Don't overlook Seattle. Despite what happened to them last week, they are a well-coached team and they have a very good defense. They have a serious home field advantage and they play the woeful 49ers. Oh, and I'm quite sure they are desperate to avoid an 0-2 start.

That being said, I picked the Giants, but only because I wanted to stay away from an interdivisional match-up.

This thread be crazy.

The Bills on the road. Straight up. As a 5.5 dog. In a suicide pool. Seriously?

The Saints on the road in a pick 'em without Colston against a playoff team coming off 10 days rest. Really?

Houston - well I like that team a little, but not after last week. See how Schaub & their defense improves and then maybe take them later when they have a 3 game home stretch vs. Miami, Detroit, & Cincy.

Dallas - The Eagles are good and they almost always play well in Dallas.

Remember what our offense looked like @Tampa in '05 when JP made his first road start after beating a crappy team at home on opening day? That's what Falcons fans are going to feel like this week.

I can't really fault anyone for taking the Giants even though I personally never take a road team.

Remember what our offense looked like @Tampa in '05 when JP made his first road start after beating a crappy team at home on opening day? That's what Falcons fans are going to feel like this week.

Agreed on this one...Happens all the time for QBs not named Roethlisberger. And actually, JP had a better game 1 than Ryan did-

LOSMAN vs. Hou: 17-28, 170 yds, 1 TD (to Peters!) and 6 rushes for 31 yds

RYAN vs. Det: 9-13, 161 yds, 1 TD and 5 rushes for -2 yds

Of course, Ryan didn't have to throw too much...The Falcons got up 21-0 in the 1st quarter and gashed the Lions for 318 yds on the ground. Of Atlanta's 23 first downs, 17 (!!!) were by rushing, 5 by passing, 1 by penalty....Plus THREE rushing TDs!! Jeez Lions, D up!!!!

I lucked out last week by taking the patsies and they held on to win.

I took Seattle this week. They are at home after getting trounced by the BILLS and playing the 49er's. I figure thats a pretty safe pick. I'll probably regret saying this........ :thumbsup:

Agreed on this one...Happens all the time for QBs not named Roethlisberger. And actually, JP had a better game 1 than Ryan did-

LOSMAN vs. Hou: 17-28, 170 yds, 1 TD (to Peters!) and 6 rushes for 31 yds

RYAN vs. Det: 9-13, 161 yds, 1 TD and 5 rushes for -2 yds

Of course, Ryan didn't have to throw too much...The Falcons got up 21-0 in the 1st quarter and gashed the Lions for 318 yds on the ground. Of Atlanta's 23 first downs, 17 (!!!) were by rushing, 5 by passing, 1 by penalty....Plus THREE rushing TDs!! Jeez Lions, D up!!!!

looks like Ryans a Bust :thumbsup:

I would take Pitt....by the way what does Ibid mean??

It's a term used to provide an endnote or footnote citation or reference to a source that was cited in a preceding endnote or footnote.

EDIT:

"This guarntees my liberty. LIBERTY, in case you've forgotten, is a soul's right to breathe. When it cannot take a long breath, laws are girded too tight. Wihtout liberty, man is a syncope."

"Man is a what?"

"Ibid, your Honor."

i'd go KC over jokeland.

kc is a bad team, so you won't lose much taking them.

jokeland is a team in dissaray, their coach is on the way out. also, they are a good running and bad passing team. this fits in perfectly with KC who are terrible against the pass but decent against the run.

the joke qb is a bust in the making, and he will be forced to throw to bad WRs on 3rd and long regularly. that is INTs resulting in FGs and TDs for KC's horrible O. oakland will give up in the 3rd quarter and let it rain.

I lost week one in suicide by taking Indy at home over Chicago. Our pool went 10-8 week one. I have a feeling we will have a second suicide pool this year

The pool I'm in is double elimination for that very reason. Out of 115 entries or so, 48 suffered a loss last week. Ouch.

I took the Bills last week. :nana: