Good thing the Bills have some cap money free

PromoTheRobot

Show me the money, Russ.

When I stopped by the Bills' training camp in August, several persons there told me that Stroud, who never missed a practice, was "playing with a chip on his shoulder," acting as if he had something to prove and as if he couldn't wait to prove it.

Stroud didn't dispute that. Nor did he dispute rumors that he jokingly reminds management it will want to talk to him -- and not the other way around -- later this season about a contract extension.

If Stroud has a season that matches the Seattle game, then he's earned a fat raise. I just hope we can afford fat raises for Evans, Peters, and whoever else decides they need more respect.

PTR

Show me the money, Russ.

When I stopped by the Bills' training camp in August, several persons there told me that Stroud, who never missed a practice, was "playing with a chip on his shoulder," acting as if he had something to prove and as if he couldn't wait to prove it.

Stroud didn't dispute that. Nor did he dispute rumors that he jokingly reminds management it will want to talk to him -- and not the other way around -- later this season about a contract extension.

If Stroud has a season that matches the Seattle game, then he's earned a fat raise. I just hope we can afford fat raises for Evans, Peters, and whoever else decides they need more respect.

PTR

I thought they restructured the deal before he came in?

wasn't this common knowledge? other DT"s traded in the off-season got fat new deals right off the bat (i.e. rogers and jenkins).......the bills were fortunate that stroud didn't kick off as well and demand the same.........no doubt he'll be knocking if he has another "pro bowl" type year

I don't think that was suggested.

Maybe it was just me, but I felt like it was negative when the original poster said, "add him to the list of players who want a new deal." I guess that doesn't have to mean its bad, just seemed like it to me as a first reaction. Anyway, lets hope we can lock him for a number of years.

Maybe it was just me, but I felt like it was negative when the original poster said, "add him to the list of players who want a new deal." I guess that doesn't have to mean its bad, just seemed like it to me as a first reaction. Anyway, lets hope we can lock him for a number of years.

Ok - I think he was just saying that we have a few star players needing new deals soon.

He has two years left (including this year). The end of his deal brings him to the age of 32. If we extend him, I only want two more years put on his deal.

No, we have him for three years counting this year. But if he has a Pro Bowl season, he will want to be re-structured. He's only making about 3.5 mil a season.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...NFL&id=1429

4/14/2005: Signed a five-year, $31.5 million contract. The deal included a $6.5 million signing bonus and contains $12.5 million in total guarantees. 2008: $3 million, 2009: $3.5 million, 2010: $4 million, 2011: Free Agent

Yeah its getting crazy. 7-8 Million to Evans, 8-9 Million to Peters, and then.. what 5-6 Mill to stroud? That is a lot of dough. No wonder the Bills are sending Crowell packing.

To respond to ans4e64 I wasn't complaining or being negative. Only pointing out that as we get better we are going to have to make some new deals. Eventually you can't pay everyone so choices may have to get made. We're not there yet. Hopefully we won't get there too soon.

PTR

No, we have him for three years counting this year. But if he has a Pro Bowl season, he will want to be re-structured. He's only making about 3.5 mil a season.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...NFL&id=1429

I thought that when we traded for him it was said (not sure where or by whom) that he had 3 years and roughly $18mm left on his contract and the Bills converted it all into guarantees. It looks like you have about $10mm in that quote. I wonder if he had roster bonuses or something like that that made the deal worth more. I find it hard to believe that he is OK with only making $3mm this year, even if it is guaranteed.

All the better is we are though...