Bills Stats after 1 game

Jerry Jabber

Here's where our offense and defense rank so far after 1 game:

Bills Offense: Rush (19th); Pass (8th); overall (11th)

Bills Defense: Rush (9th); Pass (t-11th); overall (7th)

The surprise was the Rush offense, but I'm not worried at all about our rush offense. Hopefully we'll see good stats, and most importantly, victories, a lot this season.

Even though Seattle was banged up, that defense is still solid for them. I think our rushing offense needs a ton of work. Lynch has a earn every inch he gets. Just once in a while I want holes to be there for him.

You're right about the rushing offense, but once Peters gets back in there, and the O-line starts gelling, we'll see some good runs by Lynch & Jackson.

Gellin'... like the shoe inserts?

I think Peters return will help w/ the running... but, they did very well last week.

It is a positive sign that the passing game has improved... perhaps we'll see a little less stacking against the run which will also help. that #11 passing is a bit high though, with the ST pass to Denny.

In a game that was full of bright spots the offences inability to pick up short yardage botherd me. We had a third and one in the first quarted that we got stuffed on and our overall third down conversion rate was terrible. The good teams pund out first downs on third and short like its nothing. That is a concern I have moving forward.

In a game that was full of bright spots the offences inability to pick up short yardage botherd me. We had a third and one in the first quarted that we got stuffed on and our overall third down conversion rate was terrible. The good teams pund out first downs on third and short like its nothing. That is a concern I have moving forward.

Exactly my concern as well. Third down conversions are an absolute must….ST and D TD’s are great, but it isn’t going to happen every week. :(

Yesterday they had Kyle Williams with 1.5 sacks. Today he has zero.

Stroud was credited with zero sacks yesterday...today he got credit for 2 against Seattle.

What a huge game this is going to be on Sunday!

I read 2 articles today that said the NFL changed the stats from the Seahawks game, and Stroud went from .5 to 2 sacks. Does anyone have details?

Take away the TD run and the rushing results were even more pedestrian. This week will be a tough go, but, like we did in game 1...cannot abandon the run. The line will get it together.

True -- and if Lynch hadn't slightly stepped out of bounds on that run where the offense was backed up against the goal line, he would possibly have scored on a 90-something yard TD.

I read 2 articles today that said the NFL changed the stats from the Seahawks game, and Stroud went from .5 to 2 sacks. Does anyone have details?

Yes. In the first half Stroud chased Hasselbeck out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. I turned to my dad and said, "he should get a sack for that." The original statkeepers completely missed that one.

On the other sack, I believe he initially shared it with Williams but the tape must have shown he was really the one who took the QB down.

Yes. In the first half Stroud chased Hasselbeck out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. I turned to my dad and said, "he should get a sack for that." The original statkeepers completely missed that one.

On the other sack, I believe he initially shared it with Williams but the tape must have shown he was really the one who took the QB down.

I said the same thing on that OB'er. Is that the ruling on the play?