Bills in Germany, anyone?

Whites Bay

Sounds more melodramatic than it needs to - "I'm heading for Berlin". Apologies. But I'm heading there for business, and will be at the Westin over the weekend. If there are any Bills fans out there that have experience picking up the Bills in Germany - particularly Berlin - please post a note. The schedule is flexible enough that I could head to a particular sports bar if you know of one.

And don't send me to some goddamn gay S/M bar, okay? I just want to watch the game.

check out some of the crazy Berlin clubs. Zapatas I recommend. It is owned by squatters/artists. 3 bars, 2 art gallerys, movie theaters, its is quite the scene. But I doubt the Bills will be on- but it is one of my favorite spots in Berlin

Bon voyage! Go Bills! Proust!

Just don't tell anyone you're an Amerikaner. That's almost as bad as being a jelly donut

Ich bien ein Berliner!

One of the most stirring speeches in the history of the Republic. Bummer he was a pastry. But all Americans should watch that tape. Truly.

Fixed. (Not to worry - JFK couldn't get it right either. :thumbsup: )

You guys realize that story is totally apocryphal, right? No one in Berlin ever thought JFK said he was a jelly doughnut. They only call jelly doughnuts "Berliner" outside of Berlin...

PM me and I'll send you some bibliographical references explaining it.

[/history nerd]

Allerdings, viel Spaß in Berlin, Whites Bay!

You guys realize that story is totally apocryphal, right? No one in Berlin ever thought JFK said he was a jelly doughnut. They only call jelly doughnuts "Berliner" outside of Berlin...

PM me and I'll send you some bibliographical references explaining it.

[/history nerd]

Allerdings, viel Spaß in Berlin, Whites Bay!

The Senator isn't interested in ruining one of his "true stories" with facts! :thumbsup:

Sounds more melodramatic than it needs to - "I'm heading for Berlin". Apologies. But I'm heading there for business, and will be at the Westin over the weekend. If there are any Bills fans out there that have experience picking up the Bills in Germany - particularly Berlin - please post a note. The schedule is flexible enough that I could head to a particular sports bar if you know of one.

And don't send me to some goddamn gay S/M bar, okay? I just want to watch the game.

justin.tv

The Senator isn't interested in ruining one of his "true stories" with facts! :thumbsup:

Quite true, Deano - in fact, the 'jelly doughnut' story is utter apocrypha - of dubious origin, and completely spurious in nature.

What JFK actually mumbled was, "...All free citizens are citizens of Berlin, and so I take pride in the words, 'I AM A CHEESE BLINTZ!' "

BTW, I was simply correcting Whites Bay's spelling of the German 1st person singular for "I am", which is "Ich bin...", not "Ich bien..." - however, all historical accounts do indicate that Kennedy had a tremendously difficult time memorizing that simple phrase.

Welcome back! :D

Quite true, Deano - in fact, the 'jelly doughnut' story is utter apocrypha - of dubious origin, and completely spurious in nature.

What JFK actually mumbled was, "...All free citizens are citizens of Berlin, and so I take pride in the words, 'I AM A CHEESE BLINTZ!' "

BTW, I was simply correcting Whites Bay's spelling of the German 1st person singular for "I am", which is "Ich bin...", not "Ich bien..." - however, all historical accounts do indicate that Kennedy had a tremendously difficult time memorizing that simple phrase.

Welcome back! :thumbsup:

True, he even had it written phonetically in his notes: "Eesh been ayn Beerleener." That part is true.

Carry on!

True, he even had it written phonetically in his notes: "Eesh been ayn Beerleener." That part is true.

Carry on!

Actually, if you look closely at the 1st 25 seconds of this, you can see him staring down at the index card, struggling to get it right, then jokingly thanking his interpreters for "translating my German"...

:thumbsup:

Quote of the day. 4 sho niggs.

You could watch it online but since you're gonna be there only that weekend it's not worth the $100 you'd have to fork over.