Where is the love from the National Media?

DIE HARD 1967

It really doesn't bother me because it was all Soooooo predictable.

When you share a division with a undefeated regular team ( New England ) and Brett Farve (Jets) you just know the national media will cash in on the hype.

You have got to wonder just how many hours can the national media invest in 2 players ( Brett Farve and Tom Brady) before the interest simply dies...

Answer me this question, had the Jets beat the Seahawks 34-10 in the opener, the Media would have predicted a CHAMPIONSHIP for the JETS without question!

Why is it Buffalo can't even get some cheap plug from the national media?

What surprises me is that National Media is ignoring the best team in the AFC-EAST.

The mistake on their part will come back to haunt them later when the Bills beat both New England and the Jets

First ,we need to beat Jacksonville,then the Jets need to lose to New England, in what could be an ugly game.

Should the above happen this weekend, I figure we will get a few kind words.

I have a good friend that is a Jets fan, and he admits the FARVE thing has become a major joke in New York City.

Seems everyone is cashing in on the hype, and jersey sales are off the charts. Green Brett Farve jerseys are for sale on every corner of Manhattan.

SO, WHERE IS THE LOVE FROM THE NATIONAL MEDIA???

ITS COMING......but don't expect anything big till the Jets and Patriots are all but eliminated and Brett Farve is unable to work miracles in NYC..... that will not come till November.

I fully expect the media to cover their ASS and devote an extra 30 seconds to Buffalo Bills highlights when they realize the situation is HOPELESS (lol)

Buffalo is the better team, and the proof is coming in the weeks ahead.

YOU HAVE TO ADMIT.....the ENTIRE situation is a MAJOR JOKE!

ALL I AM ASKING FOR IS EQUAL COVERAGE for the BILLS....but I guess that is asking for too much.

When you share a division with a undefeated regular team ( New England ) and Brett Farve (Jets) you just know the national media will cash in on the hype.

You have got to wonder just how many hours can the national media invest in 2 players ( Brett Farve and Tom Brady) before the interest simply dies...

Answer me this question, had the Jets beat the Seahawks 34-10 in the opener, the Media would have predicted a CHAMPIONSHIP for the JETS without question!

...because nobody gives a fug about Buffalo.

What surprises me is that National Media is ignoring the best team in the AFC-EAST.

Maybe. Beating a poor traveling team minus a half dozen of it's best players in crappy weather, especially Buffalo, just isn't going to garner any respect.

The mistake on their part will come back to haunt them later when the Bills beat both New England and the Jets

First ,we need to beat Jacksonville,then the Jets need to lose to New England, in what could be an ugly game.

I have a good friend that is a Jets fan, and he admits the FARVE thing has become a major joke in New York City.

Seems everyone is cashing in on the hype, and jersey sales are off the charts. Green Brett Farve jerseys are for sale on every corner of Manhattan.

ITS COMING

A few knowledgable analysts have given Buffalo props but the majority of talking heads just spew a few lines about teams they have heard of.

......but don't expect anything big till the Jets and Patriots are all but eliminated and Brett Farve is unable to work miracles in NYC..... that will not come till November.

I fully expect the media to cover their ASS and devote an extra 30 seconds to Buffalo Bills highlights when they realize the situation is HOPELESS (lol)

ALL I AM ASKING FOR IS EQUAL COVERAGE for the BILLS....but I guess that is asking for too much.

Yes

I thought Don Banks' article at SI.com was a bit positive.

Regarding Brady's injury:

Who wins?: The Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and Tennessee Titans. I'm not ready to bury the Patriots' chances to defend their division title -- in fact, I still think they'll scrape out 10 wins -- but obviously the Bills and Jets now have legitimate AFC East title hopes where they once only figured to be factors in the conference's wild-card chase. The Patriots still have a very talented roster, but in an NFL that is always a quarterback-dominated world, they wouldn't be the first good team to be doomed by sub-par play at the game's most pivotal position.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

Tim Graham ESPN:

New kings of the AFC East: Buffalo Bills.

The Jets are right there, too, but the Bills distinguished themselves with a complete 34-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks. The Bills also have Pro Bowl T Jason Peters returning to practice on Monday after a 43-day holdout.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-49/...mpacts-AFC.html

Let the mainstream media fellate Favre and the Jets for now. They will call them the second coming after they beat New England Sunday. Maybe they'll all stand up and take notice when the Bills beat NY.

Even after we Wax Jax I wouldn't expect to see significant props from the national media. If the Jets beat the Patsies all the props will go to Farve and how he's single handedly ressurected a dead franchise. If the Pats win it'll be all about how great Bellacheat is and how well they work through adversity.

I will give props to Bill Cowher. I was shocked to here him say during the post game wrap up, after we won and the Pats lost Brady, that he thought Buffalo was going to be the team to beat in the AFC. It was great watching the other analysts glare at him with looks on their collective faces like you're out of your mind and shut up.

As othrs have mentioned, i actually think the Bills have been mentioned a good amount as a contender since the Brady injury. Before that, yeah, the Jets were getting too much respect just because of Favre ... but from that opening rant you'd think that media coverage=more wins or something. Who cares? As long as they keep winning, that crap will come eventually.

Like it or not, there ARE more Jets and Pats fans in the world, so they are going to get more coverage. Add in all the Favre fans in the midwest ... the media is just giving their audience what it wants right now. Buffalo is a small market and it is ONE GAME ... to complain now is like some guy who won the Libertarian Party Primary nomination (is there such a thing?) complaining that Obama and McClain get too much press. What did you expect? Win something that matters and people will pay attention. Atlanta, Baltimore and Arizona are all 1-0 too ... and I'm sure we all think they still suck.

...because nobody gives a fug about Buffalo.

Maybe. Beating a poor traveling team minus a half dozen of it's best players in crappy weather, especially Buffalo, just isn't going to garner any respect.

A few knowledgable analysts have given Buffalo props but the majority of talking heads just spew a few lines about teams they have heard of.

Yes

The Seahawks won their divison last year and if you think that was poor weather then you are not from Buffalo....enough said!

Where is the love from the National Media? .... After 1 week. Don't hold your breath.

The ONLY way for Buffalo to get "love" from the media is to start out 6-2 at best and play a tough close game in any loss.

They have to (and will) beat a beaten up Jags team like the beaten up SeaHawks team.

Then they have to defeat the Chargers and New England before they get true respect.

The media is mostly about quarterbacks, as are most fans.

Trent was a 3rd round pick, and he doesn't have a Favre/Elway/Marino skill set. Mike Francessa called Trent "fair" and "average at best" yesterday. While I can understand the "fair," the "average at best" is simply wrong. Trent has the potential to be a lot better than average, but this rarely happens overnight.

Look at it like this if you will.....Matt Hasselback threw for 3966 yards last season and threw 28 touchdown passes. He also took a team to the superbowl but he isn't flashy, thus he gets little attention.

It will take some time for the Bills to get media props, and this is fine with me.

I didn't see it, but I heard that of all the NBC "analysts" everyone picked the jets as the team to beat in the division except Chris Collinsworth who picked the Bills. That is VERY encouraging. Everyone who watches that show knows that Collinsworth is the only one who actually watches every game and breaks down the film while the other guys in that overcrowded studio have as much insight as anyone who watches football at a bar with direct tv.

It really doesn't bother me

Evidently.... :rolleyes:

As Baumer says, who cares and why do we want a bullseye on the team anyway? National attention will come when the team is worthy of the attention, which requires more than one game. So what if they want to slobber on Favre; if the Bills pound him into the turf twice this year on the way to the playoffs than you can be assured that we will see plenty of national attention come December.

ITS COMING......but don't expect anything big till the Jets and Patriots are all but eliminated and Brett Farve is unable to work miracles in NYC..... that will not come till November.

If we beat the Jags and go into the bye week at 5-0, we'll finally start to see some attention thrown our way.

Where is the love from the National Media? .... After 1 week. Don't hold your breath.

The ONLY way for Buffalo to get "love" from the media is to start out 6-2 at best and play a tough close game in any loss.

They have to (and will) beat a beaten up Jags team like the beaten up SeaHawks team.

Then they have to defeat the Chargers and New England before they get true respect.

After seeing the way the Chargers lost to the Panthers, I think we could take them.

ALL I CAN SAY IS, Brett Farve beats up on the worst team in the NFL and his team is getting an awful lot of press!

And the JETS were lucky to win the game

So don't tell me you need to win 6 games to get respect.

ESPN is already placing Dallas in the SUPERBOWL.....come on

Swami, others, have predicted the Seahawks to make the Super Bowl, then they lose. No coverage

Brett Favre throws one great TD pass and an ungodly, where-is-this-karma coming from duck to nobody that somehow makes a touchdown against the worst team in the NFL (Yes, they are still the worst team in the NFL), and they barely win, and it's "The Jets are going to the playoffs!"?

I mean, I may be a homer, but I follow the NFL as much as anyone, and that is just grasping for straws and beating the corpse of a horse that died 2 years ago.

I dunno - how excited can you get about a team that was playing their 5th, 6th, and 7th-string WR's for the last quarter and a half? Heck, and that was starting the game with *Nate Burleson* as their best WR!

Hey, bravo to the Bills and their Special Teams for taking care of business - but it was just one game. If the Bills can send the Jaguars to 2-0 on their homefield, then there'll be plenty of attention....

JDG