Trade J.P. to New England

stewy23

Patriots change mind on Simms, Rattay

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Chris Simms, New England Patriots, Tim Rattay

The mysterious Patriots keep getting more mysterious.

They brought in quarterbacks Chris Simms and Tim Rattay on Monday. Once they arrived, they were told the situation had changed and they no longer were needed.

So Simms and Rattay left Foxborough, Mass., without a workout or a contract.

The Patriots have to have something in the works — a trade, eyes on another quarterback, something. But the mystery surrounding the Patriots only intensifies.

Rumor has it they* covet...

who didn't survive the Colts final cutdown.

Rumor has it they* covet...

who didn't survive the Colts final cutdown.

Is that a sh------- way to treat someone? Should they have gone through the motions and worked out Sims & Rattay, or would that have been worse knowing they had no intention of signing either one?

I say we offer JP in a trade to New England for a high draft pick. In there desperate situation, they might be willing to part with next year's 2nd rounder. Could you imagine him throwing bombs to Randy Freakin' Moss? That would be ridiculous.

What do you guys think?

Yeah! GREAT IDEA! Lets trade a valuable back up QB, not to mention one the has intimate working knowledge of our Offensive schemes to our DIVISION RIVAL!!

Are you kidding ?! :rolleyes::(:unsure: :unsure:

I say we offer JP in a trade to New England for a high draft pick. In there desperate situation, they might be willing to part with next year's 2nd rounder. Could you imagine him throwing bombs to Randy Freakin' Moss? That would be ridiculous.

What do you guys think?

Why don't we trade you to New England?!

What do you guys think?

Absotively NOT. And leave the Bills in the hands of Billy Joe Nobody if Edwards goes down?

Absotively NOT. And leave the Bills in the hands of Billy Joe Nobody if Edwards goes down?

Actually, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to trading JP - just NOT to NE*. That would be really, really stupid.

Now I like JP as our backup, but if a non-AFC East team loses a QB in the course of the season and is desperate enough to offer a 1st or 2nd (preferably an NFC team), I think Hamdan can run Turk's offense just fine, and JP's gone next season anyway so why not get some value for the future?

(And let's not forget, our 'disaster' QB, Brian Moorman, is ranked #1 in the NFL with a QB rating of 158.3! :censored: )

Guys, if we really want to help our rivals (the stinkin patsies) then the best way to help them is to box up the footage of our practices and send them the video tapes.

I mean they don't need that great of a player, Cassel could win them all if we just send the videos............

What do you guys think?

U R a Dumb A$$

What about the Pats* having to play a guy who could not start in college at QB don't you like? Granted it was USC. Granted he played behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart -- but still its not a great situation. I guess Brady had trouble shedding Drew Henson but he still started a lot of games at MI.

Pats* will get JP when they pry him from Russ Brandon's cold, dead hands....This is the NSTA--the No Stupid Trades Association

Actually, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to trading JP - just NOT to NE*. That would be really, really stupid.

Now I like JP as our backup, but if a non-AFC East team loses a QB in the course of the season and is desperate enough to offer a 1st or 2nd (preferably an NFC team), I think Hamdan can run Turk's offense just fine, and JP's gone next season anyway so why not get some value for the future?

(And let's not forget, our 'disaster' QB, Brian Moorman, is ranked #1 in the NFL with a QB rating of 158.3! :lol: )

Gotta respectfully disagree with you on Hamdan. He has very little real game experience under his belt and has most likely been working more with the backups than starters. We would be handing our offense to the 3rd string QB. Just watch what happens to NE with their 2nd string QB. You never know what can happen to starting QB's (Simms, Culpepper, Thiesman, etc.), so I'd rather hang on to JP this year for insurance reasons. Granted it was the first game of the year, but this team showed a lot of potential. If Edwards goes down, I think there is a BIG drop off between JP and Hamdan; otherwise JP would already be gone or Hamdan would be #2. Call me cautious, but I think we have to keep JP this season.