Was Hardy on the field at all yesterday?

Tolstoy

I wasn't able to see the game, but I did notice from the stats that Hardy didn't get a catch. Was he on the field at all? Just wondering.

Played a little late in the game, nothing of consequence. Ryan Denney has more receptions than Hardy this year.

Dumb move not playing him when the game was in-hand. And making McCargo inactive and having Stroud play the whole game.

The rookies didn't play at all. We now have a experienced veteran team and rookies are not needed, that's a good thing. As for McCargo, Big Dick stated in his presser that he was inactive because of the Special Teams ability of the other players that were active, it was a numbers thing. Makes sense to me.

The rookies didn't play at all. We now have a experienced veteran team and rookies are not needed, that's a good thing. As for McCargo, Big Dick stated in his presser that he was inactive because of the Special Teams ability of the other players that were active, it was a numbers thing. Makes sense to me.

Kinda nice we can rely on the vets on this team, and don't need to immediately plug in out draft picks. Just proves our depth (in some areas).

Dumb move not playing him when the game was in-hand. And making McCargo inactive and having Stroud play the whole game.

Heard on one of the post game shows we may be shopping McCargo for a LB...take it for what its worth (not much), don't remember which post game show.

Way to completely miss the point. :angry:

I got your point. McCargo sat for a reason we are all not sure of. They went with a line-up they thought could win. Getting young players on the field for experience is a bonus and not something coaches plan for.

I saw Hardy in there for about 8-10 snaps, some in the 1st half. He made a nice seal-off on one block, and ran the wrong way on another running play and whiffed on his block allowing a short gain tackle.

They didn't even bring him into the Redzone early. At least they didn't need him.

McKelvin came in on some dime but that was all I saw of him.

Last year the Bills only activited 3 DT's on gameday. It was Tripplett, Mccargo, and Williams. Jason Jefferson might have been listed as a DT but he played more DE then DT.

This year is nothing new. There were only 3 DT's actived and Bryan Copeland was Jason Jefferson this year. He saw some time on the field and he Plays Special Teams.

They asked Jauron about Mccargo not being active. He answered it. He stated that Bryan Copeland was actived due to special teams and the Jauron had to decide between Spencer Johnson and John Mccargo. He stated that he thought Spencer deserved it more.

I seriously doubt the Bills are going to trade Mccargo. If Stroud, Williams, or Johnson gets hurt and Mccargo is gone who will replace? The answer is nobody. Mccargo is better then any Practice Squad or Free Agent out there. If one of the Defensive Ends gets hurt they have two options. Active Ellis or move Johnson to DE and activate Mccargo. Both options are viable. I like the options and depth the Bills have for their Front 4.

The Post game stuff people are hearing is just rumor without any substancial evidence to support it. I also doubt they even considered depth in their discussions.

Last year the Bills only activited 3 DT's on gameday. It was Tripplett, Mccargo, and Williams. Jason Jefferson might have been listed as a DT but he played more DE then DT.

This year is nothing new. There were only 3 DT's actived and Bryan Copeland was Jason Jefferson this year. He saw some time on the field and he Plays Special Teams.

They asked Jauron about Mccargo not being active. He answered it. He stated that Bryan Copeland was actived due to special teams and the Jauron had to decide between Spencer Johnson and John Mccargo. He stated that he thought Spencer deserved it more.

I seriously doubt the Bills are going to trade Mccargo. If Stroud, Williams, or Johnson gets hurt and Mccargo is gone who will replace? The answer is nobody. Mccargo is better then any Practice Squad or Free Agent out there. If one of the Defensive Ends gets hurt they have two options. Active Ellis or move Johnson to DE and activate Mccargo. Both options are viable. I like the options and depth the Bills have for their Front 4.

The Post game stuff people are hearing is just rumor without any substancial evidence to support it. I also doubt they even considered depth in their discussions.

No, I think most games they dressed and activated 4-5 DTs. I just looked at the first five games and only the first of the five did they not activate Tim Anderson. Also, Jefferson played much more at DT than DE (not that he played an overly significant amount).

I got your point. McCargo sat for a reason we are all not sure of. They went with a line-up they thought could win. Getting young players on the field for experience is a bonus and not something coaches plan for.

Hardy was active, so why not play him? He should know the playbook so you get him in there and keep things according to the overall plan. And I don't like the plan of activating just 3 DT's. Hopefully that changes with the Jax game.