The Crowd at the Ralph

Flbillsfan#1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the crowd that was there was pretty loud. one drive in particular, we helped take the seahawks out of field goal range with 2 false starts and a wasted time out.

however, it was so beautiful out during the early morning, i dont think many people came prepared for the cold rain that drenched everyone for the first half. a lot of people called it quits at halftime and never came back. some of us (COUGHrealfansCOUGH) stayed all the way to the end even in our drenched jerseys and zubaz :wallbash:

the crowd that was there was pretty loud. one drive in particular, we helped take the seahawks out of field goal range with 2 false starts and a wasted time out.

however, it was so beautiful out during the early morning, i dont think many people came prepared for the cold rain that drenched everyone for the first half. a lot of people called it quits at halftime and never came back. some of us (COUGHrealfansCOUGH) stayed all the way to the end even in our drenched jerseys and zubaz :wallbash:

Yea by the 4th I was fine and dry.

It was pretty loud. I think the rain hampered some of the people down. I was the only guy in my section who stood most of the time.

Amen brother!!...I can't stand the people who DON'T stand the whole game. I'm so excited that I can't even sit if I tried...I hate having to sit during these very exciting gladiator battles.

The crowd was a little subdued, I think because of the cold and intermittent rain during the first half. The stadium also filled up rather late, during player announcements the stadium was still about 20-30% empty. I was at the Monday Night game and the crowd noise today wasn't even close to that game. Also due to the rain a lot of people in my section kept heading for the concessions and a good amount even left early. I think if it were warm and sunny, it would have been quite a bit rowdier in there. Hopefully the Oakland game is good weather!

Without doubt, everybody in Section 138, us = 139, and 140 never sat down the entire game except on commercials. Seriously, I think I saw 1-2 fans sitting down the entire game. Then again, nobody wants to sit on a wet seat.

The whole scoreboard endzone? Pretty much the same thing. Most of the big D stands, especially in the 1st quarter, were right in front of us. It was loud, proud, and Stroud(there's gotta be a T-shirt in there somewhere), every play, all the time, on D. Hell, even the club seat turds, after our entire section were yelling at them, got off their sorry asses.<--this is a problem. I think it's the exact reason why the stadium hasn't been as loud as the old days.

Club Seat people: Hey! Neither I nor anybody else should have to tell you to get on your feet on 3rd down, or any down. Go watch f'ing golf if you can only get up for 3rd and 31. This game, we made up for them, especially when the hawks were backed up and right in front of us, but I see this as an ongoing problem. This makes 3-3 on my club seat observations. I really think this is the main reason why the Ralph isn't as loud as it was. This game was loud, let's hope it's not an anomaly.

All club seat tools aside, I honestly haven't seen that kind of crowd since the SB years. I think I f'ed up my hand from banging on the seats. I know I'm not the only one.

The thing was, as soon as it was 34-10, half the crowd started heading for the door. I thought it was "cocky" for a while. Then, I remembered that we haven't been able to be cocky in a long time, so I stopped caring. :wallbash:

I watched the game @ a friends house on his new HD TV. The place looked packed, but I didn't really hear all that much crowd noise on his TV. I'm curious, was it loud & his TV just didn't pick it up or was the crowd subdued? Great opening day by the way. :wallbash:

Fox never has the crowd audio turned up very loud at all. Its makes the Fox games boring. Compare it to CBS its night and day.

Fox games always have low crowd noise. i will never understand why they drown out the crowd noise O_o i guess they really want us to hear the commentators. Thank god were on CBS 14 out of 16 games a year(minus night games of course).

considering i was actually able to hear them during the 1st few Seattle series they must have been LOUD!!

the loudest i have ever heard the stadium was vs jacksonville in 98 when Doug Flutie ran in for the TD, i been to over 50 games that place was loud after he scored that TD.

I thought it was pretty loud. I was in the Bud Red Zone and it took us a while to get going cause it was like sitting a car wash but I thought the stadium got rocking pretty well when needed....

By the way... Thanks to the ass hat in the white Chevy pick up in lot 3 at the end of the game that decided to destroy his truck by using my rear bumper as a can opener. If you read this you'll hopefully remember the black F-150 and the blue Honda you tried to squeeze through so you could get out on drive 3 to sit in traffic. I got a little scratch on the bumper. Looks like you tore the side of your truck up pretty good :wallbash: If you were drunk I hope hope your truck is as f***ed up as you were. Douche....