THOUGHT CROWELL SAGA

Dr. Trooth

given the circumstances...could this be a strtaegy by the bills that will help both parties out.

perhaps the surgery issue had been discussed between parties for quite a while... maybe bills wanted surgery a lot sooner... as this has been going on now for over a year.

Crowell balks and then opts for surgery on the cusp of the season. you gotta assume the bills aren't particularly happy...

Both know it's last year of contract... maybe Crow is pissed the Bills didn't extend and it's his way of voicing displeasure.

bills may know they have no intention of re-signing Crow after season.

So, bills place crow on IR... done for the season? Maybe not (see Steve Christie)

Bills may not want to be saddled with paying him all year... but they have to until wk. 11

Wk 11 comes... Crow's injury is healed... bills pay injury settlement & waive Crow... Crow is either picked up on waivers or a FA if not. He then would sign with any team (even Bills) as a way to audition for a new contract somewhere next year.

bills win... they don't pay his full contract... maybe Crow wins cuz he still gets a chance to prove himself to another team and/or position himself to make more $ in FA if he performs well the last 4 or so games with another team.

sound logical?

given the circumstances...could this be a strtaegy by the bills that will help both parties out.

perhaps the surgery issue had been discussed between parties for quite a while... maybe bills wanted surgery a lot sooner... as this has been going on now for over a year.

Crowell balks and then opts for surgery on the cusp of the season. you gotta assume the bills aren't particularly happy...

Both know it's last year of contract... maybe Crow is pissed the Bills didn't extend and it's his way of voicing displeasure.

So, bills place crow on IR... done for the season? Maybe not (see Steve Christie)

Bills may not want to be saddled with paying him all year... but they have to until wk. 11

Wk 11 comes... Crow's injury is healed... bills pay injury settlement & waive Crow... Crow is either picked up on waivers or a FA if not. He then would sign with any team (even Bills) as a way to audition for a new contract somewhere next year.

bills win... they don't pay his full contract... maybe Crow wins cuz he still gets a chance to prove himself to another team and/or position himself to make more $ in FA if he performs well the last 4 or so games with another team.

sound logical?

I believe that unless they reach an injury settlement and waive him the Bills are on the hook for his entire salary while he's on IR.

Can you enlighten on the Steve Chrisite situation?

GO BILLS!!!

I believe that unless they reach an injury settlement and waive him the Bills are on the hook for his entire salary while he's on IR.

GO BILLS!!!

Also, why is Crowell seeking a second opinion to surgery now? Isn't it a little too late now that he's on IR?

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

i think they might have found something saying his knee is effed in the surgery they had.

That was my thought, though and MRI, Xray or scan should have showed something before that, look at Merriman in SD.

Just think it's a case of Crowell wanted to be at his best to show off this season for FA, and had a change of heart at the last second to do the surgery.

Here's what I think: click here

sound logical?

Back in the Donahoe Days, Stev Christie had an injury that prevented him from playing in the pre season. I'm not sure if it was a back or groin. In any case... right at the cutdown to 53, they placed Christie on IR, even though Christie would have been back at 100% in about 3 weeks. That really pissed Christie off... he was hopping mad. He wanted the Bills to out right release him so he could hook on with another team right away.... but once on IR it could not happen for, I believe, 11 weeks. That time came and the Bills reached an injury settlement with him.... Christie ended up being picked up by the Chargers and played the rest of that season plus a couple more.

so the point being that IR doesn't necessarily end a player's season... but, for them to play their current team has reach an injury settlement and then waive them.

Back in the Donahoe Days, Stev Christie had an injury that prevented him from playing in the pre season. I'm not sure if it was a back or groin. In any case... right at the cutdown to 53, they placed Christie on IR, even though Christie would have been back at 100% in about 3 weeks. That really pissed Christie off... he was hopping mad. He wanted the Bills to out right release him so he could hook on with another team right away.... but once on IR it could not happen for, I believe, 11 weeks. That time came and the Bills reached an injury settlement with him.... Christie ended up being picked up by the Chargers and played the rest of that season plus a couple more.

so the point being that IR doesn't necessarily end a player's season... but, for them to play their current team has reach an injury settlement and then waive them.

I think we did this with Vincent a few years ago, Minor IR i think? We had to relase him after week 6