Republicans watching tonight's game closely

scribo

What intellect. My apologies for droping the "l". You probably also resent the fact that you had to pay for your ivy league diploma. I served in the military for six years and after several deployments (my final one being during the first gulf war), was honorably discharged and received a bachelors degree in business. No, I am not too "excercised about it" but just resent insolent punks like yourself.

Enjoy the game tonight and for your sake, hopefully it will be a blowout because at 9:31P.M., it will be time for you to suck on your beagle's big green weenie. :lol:

Okay. This post wasn't supposed to go to PPP, but I'm not going to let this one drop. If the mods want to move this one, I'm fine with that. I'll be done here after this, in any case.

1) Dropping the "l". No, dropping the "l" would have meant that I was referring to "allot", which is to distribute, or to set aside. I'm guessing you didn't mean that, but instead meant "a lot". Two words. "A lot". Work on the space key. It's a big bar in the middle of the keyboard.

2) I didn't go to an Ivy League school. I went to a middle of the road private college, borrowed the money, and paid it all back over 19 years. I borrowed it because my parents - Goldwater Republicans - didn't have two cents to rub together. I don't feel any insecurity that I didn't go to an Ivy League school. Why do you? Some of my best friends from a long time ago are from Ivy League schools, and they washed out in the Game of Life. Big deal. I didn't. Sounds like you're trying the best you can as well.

3) I don't care that you served in the military. Your choice, not mine. Don't rub in in MY face, and, in fact, don't rub it in ANYONE'S face. It doesn't make you any more American, or any more patriotic. Just drop that action, bub. No currency here.

4) Good job on the degree in business. Good job on a degree in anything. I have several in science and in business. Do we compare GPAs now, or just thump our chests?

5) Insolent punk? I'm older than you, by a long stretch. Watch your mouth. I might be your next boss. For a short while.

The game is lopsided, and all I can think about while watching this is that I pray that the Bills show more coherence on offense than does Washington. All I've read about the Giants had led me to indicate that their defense would #$*@ the bed this year, but it doesn't look to be that way. Or maybe the Redskins really are that bad.

So how did they beat the Bills in preseason?

Look for a minimum of TV timeouts, unless the NFL wants their TV anti-trust exemption scrutinized. :lol:

Game should be over by around 10 or shortly after - in time for NBC to switch to Brian Williams and the convention.

Game ended at 10 PM on the nose - never question The Senator's verisimilitude! :lol:

The game is lopsided, and all I can think about while watching this is that I pray that the Bills show more coherence on offense than does Washington. All I've read about the Giants had led me to indicate that their defense would #$*@ the bed this year, but it doesn't look to be that way. Or maybe the Redskins really are that bad.

Well, they didn't really... it was 14-all at the half, and they had an extra game of experience, so I am not sure it says anything. Except that Jim Zorn is really Steve Fairchild in disguise.... :lol:

And your spelling is "alot" like my beagle's. Can't be voting for Obama, that's for certain. You'd have had to have made it past fifth grade English.

In fairness, I wouldn't get too exercised about it. The Redskins are biting the big green weenie, and this game is going to be in the books by about 9:30 P.M. Plenty early enough for Grandpa to give us a bedtime story.

Typical left, attack when someone disagrees with you.

Okay. This post wasn't supposed to go to PPP, but I'm not going to let this one drop. If the mods want to move this one, I'm fine with that. I'll be done here after this, in any case.

1) Dropping the "l". No, dropping the "l" would have meant that I was referring to "allot", which is to distribute, or to set aside. I'm guessing you didn't mean that, but instead meant "a lot". Two words. "A lot". Work on the space key. It's a big bar in the middle of the keyboard.

2) I didn't go to an Ivy League school. I went to a middle of the road private college, borrowed the money, and paid it all back over 19 years. I borrowed it because my parents - Goldwater Republicans - didn't have two cents to rub together. I don't feel any insecurity that I didn't go to an Ivy League school. Why do you? Some of my best friends from a long time ago are from Ivy League schools, and they washed out in the Game of Life. Big deal. I didn't. Sounds like you're trying the best you can as well.

3) I don't care that you served in the military. Your choice, not mine. Don't rub in in MY face, and, in fact, don't rub it in ANYONE'S face. It doesn't make you any more American, or any more patriotic. Just drop that action, bub. No currency here.

4) Good job on the degree in business. Good job on a degree in anything. I have several in science and in business. Do we compare GPAs now, or just thump our chests?

5) Insolent punk? I'm older than you, by a long stretch. Watch your mouth. I might be your next boss. For a short while.

Because it was preseason, that's why.

This is why you can not take preseason that seriously. It's for player evaluations.

And your spelling is "alot" like my beagle's. Can't be voting for Obama, that's for certain. You'd have had to have made it past fifth grade English.

In fairness, I wouldn't get too exercised about it. The Redskins are biting the big green weenie, and this game is going to be in the books by about 9:30 P.M. Plenty early enough for Grandpa to give us a bedtime story.

Since you deemed yourself the grammar police, you should watch your own writing. You used the possessive form of beagle. I believe you meant to use the plural form, instead.

lol! classic. beagles are so cute. over a bed of rice or udon noddles they are wonderful...thai style...

Since you deemed yourself the grammar police, you should watch your own writing. You used the possessive form of beagle. I believe you meant to use the plural form, instead.

Game ended at 10 PM on the nose - never question The Senator's verisimilitude! :lol:

Really, really nice of NBC to give us that great lead-in too - huge lead-in NFL national audience, end game at precisely 10 PM, cut to footage of Sen. McCain's remarkable military family and experience, throw in some POW war-hero clips, nice intro speech by 96-year-old mum, great shots of McCain's 7 kids - 2 in the military, one adopted from Mother Teresa's orphanage, then a block-buster call-to-arms speech by the seemingly ageless, tireless, indefatigable warrior and Senator from Arizona!

Great political theater. And thanks again for the larger viewing audience, Roger Goodell - otherwise, quite a few folks would not have tuned in to see it.

Really, really nice of NBC to give us that great lead-in too - huge lead-in NFL national audience, end game at precisely 10 PM, cut to footage of Sen. McCain's remarkable military family and experience, throw in some POW war-hero clips, nice intro speech by 96-year-old mum, great shots of McCain's 7 kids - 2 in the military, one adopted from Mother Teresa's orphanage, then a block-buster call-to-arms speech by the seemingly ageless, tireless, indefatigable warrior and Senator from Arizona!

Great political theater. And thanks again for the larger viewing audience, Roger Goodell - otherwise, quite a few folks would not have tuned in to see it.

:lol: -- Vote early, vote often.

Bingo. Yet another risk by McCain that seemingly paid off very well.

Get off your high horse, you self-righteous lefty.....who made you the chief of the Nazi Grammar police?

Last time I checked, in today's colloquial English, "alot" = "a lot"....methinks you are splitting hairs to pick a fight.

Go Bills, Go McCain (in a rout....) !!

Get off your high horse, you self-righteous lefty.....who made you the chief of the Nazi Grammar police?

Last time I checked, in today's colloquial English, "alot" = "a lot"....methinks you are splitting hairs to pick a fight.

Go Bills, Go McCain (in a rout....) !!

Hey, nice screen name, looks familiar. :thumbsup: