Your gameday ritual?

Chandler#81

We had a great thread about this last year, but it went 'poof' with the crash.

My GD ritual: Select a Bills jersey. (It will be my new Chandler#81). Prep and bake my cheddar, picante and sour cream scoop dish. Case of cold Sam at the ready and Crown Reserve -reserved for when the Bills score. This is my favorite part, but our offense the last couple years has me feeling like I'm on the bandwagon -so to speak. Then it's in front of my new HD big screen, tuned in to Sunday Ticket SuperFan on the Bills channel for rebroadcasts of Marv Levy Show -or whatever it is this year- then GAMETIME!!

Go Bills! This is THE year!

Typical home game ...

5:30am - Alarm goes off. Alarm clock lands halfway across room.

6:00am - Estimated time of departure. Rarely happens.

6:30am - Actual time of departure, grill/cooler/tent/table/chairs/food safely stowed.

7:00am - Watch sunrise as I drive through Olean.

8:03am - Turn into Lot 1. Wave to Philster, who's always parked along the driveway.

8:05am - Snag two beers out of the cooler, walk over to the Pinto, give one to Kenny.

8:06am-12:30pm - Eat, drink, and be merry.

1:00pm-4:00pm - Watch football game. Go Bills.

4:00pm-8:00pm (approximate) - see 8:06am-12:30pm entry.

8:00pm-10:00pm - Drive home.

10:01pm - Sleep.

Wake up with a headache from drinking the night before.

Take a cold shower to wake up.

Throw on Bills gear.

Fill the cooler with beer and ice.

Get the food together.

Yell and my wife to hurry the !@#$ up, it's not a fashion show!!!

Drive to OP in silence because my wife is pissed for yelling at her.

Open the first beer about 9am.

Grill around 11.

Act like an idiot between 1-4.

Drink more beer and cook until traffic lightens up.

Wife gets mad again because I am in no condition to drive.

Get home, throw everything in a pile and wait until Monday to sort it out.

Open up another beer and watch football the rest of the night.

Pass out.

Repeat steps 1 & 2 and go to work....

GO BILLS!!!

Pick one of my 4 Bills t-shirts to wear for the day....not sexy, but it works. I usually reserve the jerseys for big games or playoffs.

Now that I'm not doing my Sunday afternoon bowling league, I might make a weekly snack for game time (be it on TV or listening to Murph over the internet) and settle into a spot in front of my new 50" plasma.

i love these posts. i wish i lived closeby so i could include tailgating in my ritual. but i will be up there week 3 for the raiders game (friend from work somehow likes the raiders so we'll take a lil road trip). anyway, sorry - here is my gameday ritual:

- typically wake up fully rested for sunday funday because for the most part i stop going out on saturdays during the season because sunday is usually more fun

- bring out the 2 extra tvs to put on the sides of the 54'' (sunday ticket in all it's glory)

- put on kevin everett t-shirt

- put on posluszny jersey

- tournament style rock, paper, scissors my roommates until last man standing - winner gets their team's game on the big screen

- 1-4pm: anywhere along the spectrum from ecstatic, happy, mildly impressed, mildly depressed, unhappy, end of 2007 cowboys game feeling

- 4-8pm: second half games = drink, eat and hang out

- night game: start and fall asleep by halftime

(At home in NC)

1. Wake up

2. Lament that it's still X hours before gametime

3. Coffee

4. Alone time (see #3)

5. Check TBD and TSW to see what the nitwits and knuckleheads are saying about the game

6. Insert final FF starting lineups in two leagues

7. Lament that it's still X hours before gametime

8. Put Bills' jersey on dog

9. At noon, make quick run to Kroger if no beer in the house, and to pick up any needed food items

10. Welcome guests over between 12:45 and 1:00 -- tell them to watch TV downstairs if they're interested in any game other than the Bills

11. Fire up laptop in bonus room and collapse into favorite chair to watch the Bills on Sunday Ticket

Wake up round 730

Give the wife a jab to see if shes frisky

After being shot down I shower and throw on my Bills shirt of the day and hat

Run to the store grab the peanut oil, wings, and blue cheese and celery

Get home make sure keg-o-rater is running like the wind

FF line ups are set, got game day in the back round loud as hell as I make bfast

Wife comes down stairs yells the tv's to friggin loud

I ignore her and proceed to eat and watch tv

Look over my bets for the day and proceed to call my local bookmaker

After i hang up I realized my bets suck and proceed to sweat it out till gametime

Throw on the Bills, My Bulldog Rosco has his Bills shirt on he looks at me I tell him its going to be a good day

Boys start filing in, try to change the channel I tell them to go the f%$& home we are only watching the Bills

Wife comes down stairs complains that i didnt buy anything healthy and goes shopping for the day

I proceed to get hammered and stuff my face until game time

Game comes on I look at you lucky bastards in the stands and wish I was there

Then I look at the clean toilet and free beer and smile

See you fuggers for the Monday Nighter!!!!!

Wake up with a headache from drinking the night before.

Take a cold shower to wake up.

Throw on Bills gear.

Fill the cooler with beer and ice.

Get the food together.

Yell and my wife to hurry the !@#$ up, it's not a fashion show!!!

Drive to OP in silence because my wife is pissed for yelling at her.

Open the first beer about 9am.

Grill around 11.

Act like an idiot between 1-4.

Drink more beer and cook until traffic lightens up.

Wife gets mad again because I am in no condition to drive.

Get home, throw everything in a pile and wait until Monday to sort it out.

Open up another beer and watch football the rest of the night.

Pass out.

Repeat steps 1 & 2 and go to work....

GO BILLS!!!

missing step...leave wife at home

i love these posts. i wish i lived closeby so i could include tailgating in my ritual. but i will be up there week 3 for the raiders game (friend from work somehow likes the raiders so we'll take a lil road trip). anyway, sorry - here is my gameday ritual:

- typically wake up fully rested for sunday funday because for the most part i stop going out on saturdays during the season because sunday is usually more fun

- bring out the 2 extra tvs to put on the sides of the 54'' (sunday ticket in all it's glory)

- put on kevin everett t-shirt

- put on posluszny jersey

- tournament style rock, paper, scissors my roommates until last man standing - winner gets their team's game on the big screen- 1-4pm: anywhere along the spectrum from ecstatic, happy, mildly impressed, mildly depressed, unhappy, end of 2007 cowboys game feeling

- 4-8pm: second half games = drink, eat and hang out

- night game: start and fall asleep by halftime

Always chose rock, and put it right between their eyes, then you get to have the game on all the screens, and have some quiet time while you watch the game.

As for me

1. Wake Up

2. Put on Bills Jersey

3. drive down to a corner store and spend $20-30 playing proline (Ontario Lotteries sports gambling)

4. Maybe pick up some wings if I am hungry

5. Get home in time to flip between Fox and CBS's pre-game show

6. Watch the game

7. Remove Jersey in disgust after a loss or remove it and put it somewhere out of the way for next week after a win

8.After maybe if I feel like it go outside and do some work that needs to get done, or go back to the corner store grumbling cause one game cost me each Proline ticket i bought and get one that is for the later games

9. Maybe watch some afternoon games If I don't do #8 waiting for the Simpsons to come on (which I usually regret watching these days) to pass the time til King of the hill and Family Guy comes on.

1) Wake up and curse the fact im a poor college kid with no car/ tickets

2) Put on 1 of 4 Bills shirts and will repeat shirts week to week if the bills win

3) Kick roomamtes out of the room unless they are going to actually watch the game

4) Call the GF tell only call if its an emergency

5) Check TSW

6)Break out the chips and dip this season think ill start with Salsa con Queso

7) Watch Pregame and complain about lack of Bills coverage

8) Piss on a picture of Tom brady/ Whoever we are playing that week

9) Go back to my room and crack open uh the root beer because im not 21

10) Watch the Bills Game

11) Check TSW while watching the afternoon games

12) Enjoy win

PS anyone in syracuse that has extra tickets/ a ride Im always up to go to a game

I always love reading these!

Here's mine:

• Jump out of bed, literally. I hate getting up in the morning, and when I've just begun to regain consciousness, a little light goes on and the thought of watching the Bills in just a few hours perks me right up.
  • BLAST my iTunes playlist entitled "Hey-Ho Let's Go Buffalo" - which includes The Beatles singing "Shout!" (Anthology)
  • Hop in the shower
  • Throw on my jersey and cover my bottom half with whatever the weather calls for.
  • Grab my good friend Mr. Maguire, light him up, dance around my living room for a few minutes while playlist continues to blare.
  • Hop on my bike.
  • Ride to one of the two Bills bars here in Chi-town.
  • Order a $2 Labatt/20 $0.25 wings
  • Hypothesize with my buddies why the waitress with the *MIRACULOUS* cans is always so cranky
  • WATCH THE BILLS
  • Pay my bill, leave the bar drunk, but not wasted
  • Go home and chill with Mr. Maguire in an attempt to soothe the pain from a loss, or to celebrate the buzz of a win

Congratulations! My girlfriend is only a B. But they are a very nice B, so she can watch the game with me if she wants. :thumbsup:

Thanks (like I wasn't expecting this reply), she's both, hence the caps.

edit: I better spell it out for some here, designated driver and DD cup...

Great stuff!

EBall reminded me of I step I left out. Check TBD for a final re-through of LORI'S GAMEDAY write up about the opposition -a vertitable whats-what about the game. A true special treat for wallers!

Bring it on!

You should take back your insult immediately, as my post referenced "nitwits and knuckleheads" -- of which Lori is neither.