Week 1 vs Seattle

cantankerous

What do you think about Kirk Chambers going against Patrick Kerney? Will we have to keep a TE on his side all day to help?

What about Langston Walker going against the rookie first round pick Lawrence Jackson? Is Walker fast enough on his feet to keep Jackson out of our backfield?

The Seahawks receivers are Nate Burleson, Jordan Kent (Who has only played organized football 4-5 years), Courtney Taylor, and Logan Payne. Burleson is alright and Kent is fast, as I believe he holds records at the University of Oregon in several track & field events...but his first year of football came at U of O...i've never heard of either of those other guys...With Branch, Engram and Obumanu all out with injuries I believe we have the big upper hand here.

I'm a bit worried how our offense will look against Seattle's D. Not having Bernard for this game will definitely help, but his back up Craig Terrill is not bad by any stretch. They have one of the best LB units in the NFL imo...Peterson, Leroy Hill, and Lofa Tatupu. How do you think we'll do?

This is going to be a good game!

GO BILLS!

What do you think about Kirk Chambers going against Patrick Kerney? Will we have to keep a TE on his side all day to help?

What about Langston Walker going against the rookie first round pick Lawrence Jackson? Is Walker fast enough on his feet to keep Jackson out of our backfield?

The Seahawks receivers are Nate Burleson, Jordan Kent (Who has only played organized football 4-5 years), Courtney Taylor, and Logan Payne. Burleson is alright and Kent is fast, as I believe he holds records at the University of Oregon in several track & field events...but his first year of football came at U of O...i've never heard of either of those other guys...With Branch, Engram and Obumanu all out with injuries I believe we have the big upper hand here.

I'm a bit worried how our offense will look against Seattle's D. Not having Bernard for this game will definitely help, but his back up Craig Terrill is not bad by any stretch. They have one of the best LB units in the NFL imo...Peterson, Leroy Hill, and Lofa Tatupu. How do you think we'll do?

GO BILLS!

Without Peters, the entire team will refuse to leave the locker room, and will suck their thumbs in the fetal position. Better just forfeit now. :D

PTR

Seattle offense seems very weak. Hasselbeck is good but if Burleson is his top target they're in trouble. He's failed to live up to any expectations as a #2 and #3 receiver, let alone being #1. No running game with Jones and Morris. In all, a perfect formula for Jauron. If the D doesn't lay an egg, TE can "manage" the offense and Buffalo wins 13-10 due to good field position set up by solid special teams.

Seattle's D will be a good test for the offense. They should stack the line and make Edwards beat them. Would anyone else do differently?

I don't think there is any reason why we shouldn't win this game. We could even double Burleson if we wanted, they have no other receiving threat. Maybe Carlson. Maybe. I assume we will get a heavy dose of their run game, with Julius Jones, Maurice Morris and T.J Duckett. We'll find out if our run defense has improved pretty quick.

GO BILLS!

The Hawks are depleted at WR and they don't have the running game they had 2 years ago. I think our D scheme is stout enough to contain their QB. This is a home game and a must win because victory is very attainable. 17-13 Bills.

I really believe we need to win 6 of the 8 home games to make the playoffs this year and at least 5 on the road.

Maurice Morris isn't a bad back....kind of suprised me that he's the starter and Jones is #2.

I don't think Chambers will be able to hold down the right side with Kerney in his face all game. I expect Robert Royal and Derek Schouman will have to stay in and help block.

Hopefully the 'hawks having a new kicker will help...we shall see.

Something I want to see in this game is our offense putting up 24+ points.

Offense putting up those points. Not total points scored by Offense, Defense, and ST.

From the looks in preseason, I'm cautiously optimistic.

If we can consistently score points on offense and stop the run this year, we'll be headed for the playoffs.

GO BILLS!

First games of the season are really tough to predict as we never know how the off-season changes are going to pan out especially our run defense. After that wimpy disclaimer, here is my guess at how the game will unfold:

Seattle will try to run, run and run some more. If we win that battle in the first half, we will dictate terms in the second as our secondary is much better than their crop of receivers. If we do not win that battle, pressure will be on the O to keep the Seattle O off the field.

On O, if pre-season is any indication, we should be vastly improved on the play calling but will be limited by how many plays we can execute successfully. Trent will be pressured a lot and Lynch+ Parrish will have their work cut out for them. Having said that, I think our O wins that battle despite the absence of the Holy Peters. Perhaps we will start seeing that life without Peters is not too bad after all.

All in all, it will be a close game and we will win it 20-17

Something I want to see in this game is our offense putting up 24+ points.

Offense putting up those points. Not total points scored by Offense, Defense, and ST.

From the looks in preseason, I'm cautiously optimistic.

If we can consistently score points on offense and stop the run this year, we'll be headed for the playoffs.

If the offense sputters some this game I won't be all that disappointed. Seattle is a top defense and Buffalo's playing with a new system for the first time. I think we will win the game, but it will be a low scoring affair, with the turnover/field position battles being the main factor in the outcome. But if trent struggles against this D I dont want to hear everyone calling for JP, the yards won't come easy in this one, we'll have to grind it out. This is a tough test for Turk's troops right off the bat, It'll be very interesting to see how they handle it.

If the offense sputters some this game I won't be all that disappointed. Seattle is a top defense and Buffalo's playing with a new system for the first time. I think we will win the game, but it will be a low scoring affair, with the turnover/field position battles being the main factor in the outcome. But if trent struggles against this D I dont want to hear everyone calling for JP, the yards won't come easy in this one, we'll have to grind it out. This is a tough test for Turk's troops right off the bat, It'll be very interesting to see how they handle it.

ok Dad we wont :thumbsup:

Word is Seneca Wallace has been getting a lot of reps at WR this week with Seattle being so short handed at the position...you may remember a few years back, Wallace made a huge catch in a Seattle playoff win against Carolina. He's one hell of an athlete so our DB's better be ready!

I really believe we need to win 6 of the 8 home games to make the playoffs this year and at least 5 on the road.

That would make us 11-5, I hope that is good enough for the playoffs. I think with all the injuries on the Seahawks we should beat them. They have been in the playoffs every year forever but look at their division. I don't think they are that good. This game could say alot about what to expect from the Bills this year. I really, really want to see them have long drives ending with TD's. Watching them in the preseason was encouraging but now it counts.

The keys to this game will be can our newly revamped defense stop the run and can we run the ball against the Seahawks defense? I believe the answer to the first part is a resounding "YES!" Their offensive line is not as great anymore and they have RB's that aren't that great. The lack of a serious threat at WR will also have us keying more on the run. With they're lack of production in the running game, they will be left with alot of 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 8 scenarios. Our improved, and healthy, secondary will be up to the task. The question is will we be able to move the ball down the field against them? This is likely a 10-6 or 13-9 type of game. If we can run the ball effectively, 4 yards a carry, we'll be good to go. All Trent has to do is manage this one and we'll squeek one out. Bills 13 Seahawks 9.

I think the key to the game is the defensive scheme. Historically, Seattle's defense is much more effective at home. Their running game isn't intimidating, and neither is their WR corps. Their QB, however, is a damn good one...and if there's one thing Holmgren can do it's put together a good "west coast offense" game plan.

If McGee and Greer are up on the L.O.S. getting in the face of these wideouts, they might get torched for a big gainer or two, but it's a risk I'd be willing to take. Hasselbeck is good enough, and Holmgren smart enough, to pick Buffalo apart with 5 and 6 yard passes all day long. Stay up on the receivers, and try to jump a route or two early...

I'm not a betting man, but the Bills covered in every home game last year. The Hawks aren't so good on the road, especially when travelling to the east coast. Plus they're pretty banged up. Their D will be tough, and I imagine if our Tackled can't hold up then Turk will keep Royal as a blocker all day. I expect the Bills to establish the pass game, keeping Seattle honest and allowing Lynch to run. ST should provide us with good field position.

I'm thinking a Bills win for sure. Probably something in the neighbourhood of 17-14. It should be close.