Is Jason tired of playing football?

CTBillsGuy

What do you think, is he done? His stand on this sounds like a death wish.

Show him the money. I am completely with the Bills on this one. He's under contract and should report before any renegotiationg begins. That being said, he should have a new deal this year not next as the Bills have stated. Be fair Wilson. He's your best lineman and underpaid.

Show him the money. I am completely with the Bills on this one. He's under contract and should report before any renegotiationg begins. That being said, he should have a new deal this year not next as the Bills have stated. Be fair Wilson. He's your best lineman and underpaid.

:beer:

Peters can rot in Hell on some other team for all I care. Anyone who messes with their teamates like this is a joke. I would sooner have him traded than cause anymore distraction around here...See Ya!! He is officially the biggest ME Guy on this team and those are the ones I lose respect for the fastest.

I don't think so. But I do think that there have been players that have taken signing bonus money and salary and invested it, then retiring after a couple of years to live off the interest. Not a bad plan, IMO.

I can see appeal in getting - I dunno - 70 grand or more after taxes..who knows?...forever. A nice life, opportunity to do work you really like. Plus you have the principal to fall back on.

Peters can rot in Hell on some other team for all I care. Anyone who messes with their teamates like this is a joke. I would sooner have him traded than cause anymore distraction around here...See Ya!! He is officially the biggest ME Guy on this team and those are the ones I lose respect for the fastest.

Oh yes, because NFL teams are so freaking loyal and righteous. Especially when they wait until it's the week before the first game of the season and all 31 other NFL teams have established their cap dollars so that with heavy leverage they can then tell one of their all-time great veteran players to take a pay cut or get released...

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/30/bengals...illie-anderson/

Let's get real here, both the player and the teams are looking out for number one.

Yes I believe we are witnessing the quickest NFL career flameout since Brian Bosworth. Too bad - Peters was a pretty decent player before he tore up his groin and let his body go to fat. Coulda been one of the best - and highest paid - if he'd stuck with it instead of getting so lazy.

OK, maybe not completely with the Bills on this one...

jayson, ralph, russ and the rest can go F themselves. I'm tired of shelling out money, time and energy on this thankless group. Nine months have passed to fix this. 55,000 seson tickets plus that whore-job in Canada and still not enough $ to go atround?? Screw-em all. We give -they take....

jayson, ralph, russ and the rest can go F themselves. I'm tired of shelling out money, time and energy on this thankless group. Nine months have passed to fix this. 55,000 seson tickets plus that whore-job in Canada and still not enough $ to go atround?? Screw-em all. We give -they take....

are you kidding? all of us shell out money and deal with this crap because we are Bills fans, if you are that unhappy with it, really simple solution.................................. don't pay attention to the team

Yes I believe we are witnessing the quickest NFL career flameout since Brian Bosworth. Too bad - Peters was a pretty decent player before he tore up his groin and let his body go to fat. Coulda been one of the best - and highest paid - if he'd stuck with it instead of getting so lazy.

Peters is now lazy and fat? :beer::thumbsup: It's amazing on TSW how fast players go from the penthouse to the outhouse(Peters) and vice versa(Youboty).

Peters is now lazy and fat? :beer::thumbsup: It's amazing on TSW how fast players go from the penthouse to the outhouse(Peters) and vice versa(Youboty).

Youboty was never 'in the outhouse' in my book, and Peters has always been fat - although he didn't turn lazy until he tore up his groin and gave up the game.

The Bills have actually made it clear that the opposite is the case: no new deal for 2008. As for next year, they have said, as far as renegotiating is concerned, "never say never". Still "completely with the Bills on this one..."?

"...messes with their teamates..."????? What are you talking about? This is a holdout, not a divorce. This is the NFL, not a love triangle. These are highly paid professionals who have all had their own problems and successes in negotiating their contracts.

Don't project your anger on to the team. I imagine that if they took a vote among the active players, everyone but Chambers would vote that the team redo Peters' deal, now.

are you kidding? all of us shell out money and deal with this crap because we are Bills fans, if you are that unhappy with it, really simple solution.................................. don't pay attention to the team

If we were talking about Cheeseburgers, fine, I could do without them but for God sakes man, this is football.

My wife once asked me that if I had to give up one or the other, what would I choose, football or sex?

I am not going to tell you my answer but I will say that I paused long and hard before answering and that not long afterwards, I invested heavily in a new couch. :thumbsup:

No new deal ever for a fat, lazy, broken-down, outa-shape knucklehead who decided to just walk away from a career in the NFL and huge sums of $$$.

Geez, how stupid can that guy be? What's he gonna do now - empty bedpans for a living?

Where did you read that he is walking away from an NFL career? Last time I looked, he hadn't even missed a single game check...yet. :beer: