Over/Under on Youboty moving from Nickel to CB

OCinBuffalo

O/U  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Youboty starts in 5.5 games

• Over
    • Under

I think it makes sense, and not because Greer is bad. Rather, Youboty is starting to show why he was considered a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. He just has more talent than Greer. I think he has already shown he is more physical. However, that may also keep him at nickel. This is why I set it until after the bye week, because I think the coaches will come to the decision that Youboty has to be on the field all the time, not just in packages.

I think it makes sense, and not because Greer is bad. Rather, Youboty is starting to show why he was considered a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. He just has more talent than Greer. I think he has already shown he is more physical. However, that may also keep him at nickel. This is why I set it until after the bye week, because I think the coaches will come to the decision that Youboty has to be on the field all the time, not just in packages.

Greer is a solid cover man. Anyone who can stay with TO or chad johnson is pretty damn good

Greer is a solid cover man. Anyone who can stay with TO or chad johnson is pretty damn good

I thought Greer had some tremendous games last year...every time I remember seeing him, he was in the receivers back pocket. Some of those throws were completed, but still...the guy is like glue on his man

I'll repeat what I said after they drafted McKelvin: If he (or anyone else) knocks Greer out of the starting lineup, they'll have to earn it. Greer won't give that spot up without a heck of a fight.

And if that does come to pass, it can only mean good things for the Buffalo defense.

I don't remember Greer playing the nickel but I think Youboty playing nickel is a good thing - he looked really athletic in the preseason and he's going to go up against receivers with the skills of Santonio Holmes. Not saying Greer couldn't do it but I think the sideline helps him out a bit.

I just dont understand why people are trying to create scenarios that UNMAKES Greer a starter......

They guy has been our BEST cover corner in many games........

In many ways it makes the McKelvin pick still a shaky one for me.......I can see he is a phenominal return guy.......but you dont draft that return guys that high.......I REALLY expected McKelvin to be at the very least our 3rd corner.....and he is not.

IMO we should leave Ashton where he is and not push him to starting corner.....let him and McKelvin push each other for that spot and PRAY that Leotis wins that battle.

I think Greer is an FA after the season. It would help the Bills compensation-wise for him to start the whole season.

How does that help us? If he plays well and starts all year, his value goes up, making it more likely that we won't be able to afford to keep him. And we certainly won't franchise him.

How does that help us? If he plays well and starts all year, his value goes up, making it more likely that we won't be able to afford to keep him. And we certainly won't franchise him.

Maybe he means compensation picks in the draft?!? It's kind of sad that many assume that if a player has a good year in Buffalo, he's as good as gone. :devil:

Maybe he means compensation picks in the draft?!? It's kind of sad that many assume that if a player has a good year in Buffalo, he's as good as gone. :devil:

You overpay for a Jason Peters. You DO NOT overpay for Jabari Greer. While he's a nice little player, that all he is, a nice CB who plays decent as a starter, but is much better suited for nickel back. Someone next offseason will toss Jabari a boatload of cash to start, and we'll have Youboty/McKelvin to step in and start.

With the ridiculous way we drafted, it doesn't make much sense to keep Greer. He's gone, whether he has another good year or not. Don't ask me why they were so determined to shove him out the door...