7-9 or worse due to QB

ieatcrayonz

I was watching ESPN this morning and they had a "more or less" session about the AFC East. Both experts agreed that the Bills would have less than 8 wins. One of them said it was due to QB issues. The other said they are a year or two away. That obviously meant "once they get a decent QB they will be ok".

This was one of the live versions so they are up to date with everything.

Maybe now you will realize that a glove wearing Mary and a Clean up the City Boy are not enough in today's NFL.

Truth hurts?

Since when does ESPN have a crystal ball? If you you look at their record of prognostication it's pretty damn poor. (See: grade "A" for Redskins draft, for example.)

What ESPN is really saying is "we never heard of Trent Edwards so he must suck."

PTR

I was watching ESPN this morning and they had a "more or less" session about the AFC East. Both experts agreed that the Bills would have less than 8 wins. One of them said it was due to QB issues. The other said they are a year or two away. That obviously meant "once they get a decent QB they will be ok".

Maybe now you will realize that a glove wearing Mary and a Clean up the City Boy are not enough in today's NFL.

Well....the truth is that the Bills haven't had a decent QB since Kelly, with the possible exception of Flutie. Not to mention the putrid O Line Turnstiles of late. Until we get an O Line that can pass protect and a QB that can actually take advantage of that, oh.....and a WR besides Lee Evans, I can't really argue with ESPN's stance. Hopefully, this year's O Line and Edwards will prove them wrong. Hope springs eternal. Or at least hops eternal.

Since when does ESPN have a crystal ball? If you you look at their record of prognostication it's pretty damn poor. (See: grade "A" for Redskins draft, for example.)

What ESPN is really saying is "we never heard of Trent Edwards so he must suck."

PTR

I highly doubt the FCC would let them get away with calling themselves "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" if it weren't true. They can't get everything right but they are right most of the time as their name implies.

I'm sure they have heard of our glove wearing Mary and have seen enough to know he doesn't cut it in the NFL.

As long as ESPN said it and they are up to date. I believe it. Now I'm not going to watch. :devil:

ESPN knows everything right? So every expert on ESPN screamed for the Browns to start Derek Anderson instead of Charlie Fry last year at this time, because they all knew how good Anderson would turn out right? I must have missed those live up to date shows last year. You hate glove wearing Mary Edwards and Clean up the City Boy Losman so ESPN knows it all. Well I happen to think Edwards has all the tools to be a great QB in the NFL, and like Anderson for the Browns last year, he could very well break out this season. Losman? Well it was cool that he tried to lead a group to clean up downtown Buffalo the last few years. And maybe just maybe Fairchild was so bad as OC, Losman might be better then we all think. Bottom line? Bills go at least 10-6 this year barring so many injuries that plagued them last year.

I highly doubt the FCC would let them get away with calling themselves "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" if it weren't true. They can't get everything right but they are right most of the time as their name implies.

I'm sure they have heard of our glove wearing Mary and have seen enough to know he doesn't cut it in the NFL.

Calling yourself the world leader and being right more than wrong is a different story. Other than Jaworski their commentary is a joke.

Well....the truth is that the Bills haven't had a decent QB since Kelly, with the possible exception of Flutie. Not to mention the putrid O Line Turnstiles of late. Until we get an O Line that can pass protect and a QB that can actually take advantage of that, oh.....and a WR besides Lee Evans, I can't really argue with ESPN's stance. Hopefully, this year's O Line and Edwards will prove them wrong. Hope springs eternal. Or at least hops eternal.

This is part of why you just show Peters the money.

No, not really. I'm fine with the truth that ESPN sucks.

While we all want our beloved Bills to win 10 or more games and go deep into the playoffs, there are still a number of questions that surround the team and it's hard to fault the nartional media for being a little cool on the Bills. They have a questionable: head coach, QB, O-line without Peters for now, brand new offensive cooddinator, young defense, TE and #2 receiver and a fairly tough schedule. Frankly I'm setting my expectations on the lower side (about 8-8) which will reduce the chances for disappointment.

I find it fascinating how a lot of people here tell us how dumb the national analysts are when they predict a losing record...

Then, when the Bills post a losing record, they're somehow surprised - and the analysts are still idiots.

I'm not about to say it's because of one position or another... but I don't see the 12-4 or 10-6 marks so many here are predicting against the current of most analysts who say 7-9 to 8-8...

Call me bitter... I used to be one of those who thought the analysts just didn't respect the Bills... The truth is, the Bills haven't shown anything yet to presume 10 or more wins this offseason.

Is this a better team this year than last? Sure... but the NFL isn't a vacuum... Nor is it an even set of scales which presume that if one team improves - others diminish... The Bills need to improve MORE than the rest of the AFC - or at least catch up to them. I see a 9-7 record this season if we catch a few breaks...

I"m not buying the Jet's at 12-4 either... but they're closer to 10 wins imho than my beloved Bills right now. With or without Jason Peters - who definately diminishes the odds for Buffalo.

What this really says is... "We used to like the Bills earlier in the off season. They addressed all their major needs and have good young talent that could put it all together and have a good season and possibly a wild card spot. But now the Jets have Brett Farve. So we're all going to change our mind about the Bills and Jets, and say that the Jets have the chance at the wild card spot, and the Bills will be back to sucking and they might be 7-9. There's just no way they can beat Brett Farve even though the rest of that team isn't very good."

Not at all surprising.