Is Sarah Palin covering for her 16yr old daughter?

JK2000

This was far more likely than Trig being Bristol's.

Again, whose business is this other than the family's? It certainly should not affect Sarah Palin's status as the VP nominee. At least Bristol didn't get an abortion.

So what happens here? Sarah Palin becomes the world's hottest grandmother in a few months. Big friggin' deal.

It shouldn't, but it will. Especially if it comes out that McCain really didn't know. I'm saying this as a Palin supporter. Liberals are going to have a field day with this.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't, but it will. Especially if it comes out that McCain really didn't know. I'm saying this as a Palin supporter. Liberals are going to have a field day with this.

I will respectfully disagree. It is said that McCain did know that Bristol was pregnant, according to Reuters.

Hmmm...I thought the libs were all about a young girl's privacy and her "choice". Choice to keep the baby, give it up for adoption, or to terminate. The libs seem to want sexual freedom for teenage girls here more than anything else.

Except when the mother of the girl is a conservative VP candidate that stands to energize the GOP campaign.

Reason #114,707 why the hardcore liberals are such friggin' hypocrites. :devil:

I will respectfully disagree. It is said that McCain did know that Bristol was pregnant, according to Reuters.

Hmmm...I thought the libs were all about a young girl's privacy and her "choice". Choice to keep the baby, give it up for adoption, or to terminate. The libs seem to want sexual freedom for teenage girls here more than anything else.

Except when the mother of the girl is a conservative VP candidate that stands to energize the GOP campaign.

Reason #114,707 why the hardcore liberals are such friggin' hypocrites. :devil:

As far as the poor girl who finds herself caught in a national media feeding frenzy, she has my total sympathy.

The fact of the matter is that she should be absolutely free to make here own choices and as far as I can tell she did and will continue to do so.

Unfortunately, her mother is now suddenly a national political figure of not inconsiderable stature, a candidate for the office of Vice President of the United States. And her mother's politics are decidedly conservative.

The choice she made (Unprotected Premarital Sex) stand in direct contrast to her mother's politics.

If her mother were on the opposite side of the aisle I have no doubt that the same people who are calling liberals hypocrites for bringing this subject up would be in the forefront of the mob haranguing her behavior as being a prime example of what is wrong with this country and the liberal elite who are ruining it.

Instead they are now in the front of the mob haranguing the "liberals" picking on the poor girl and trying to take away her right to choose how she will live her life, while conveniently forgetting that she made the choices which put her in the spotlight.

It's not fair. It's not right. It's just true.

As far as the poor girl who finds herself caught in a national media feeding frenzy, she has my total sympathy.

The fact of the matter is that she should be absolutely free to make here own choices and as far as I can tell she did and will continue to do so.

Unfortunately, her mother is now suddenly a national political figure of not inconsiderable stature, a candidate for the office of Vice President of the United States. And her mother's politics are decidedly conservative.

The choice she made (Unprotected Premarital Sex) stand in direct contrast to her mother's politics.

If her mother were on the opposite side of the aisle I have no doubt that the same people who are calling liberals hypocrites for bringing this subject up would be in the forefront of the mob haranguing her behavior as being a prime example of what is wrong with this country and the liberal elite who are ruining it.

Instead they are now in the front of the mob haranguing the "liberals" picking on the poor girl and trying to take away her right to choose how she will live her life, while conveniently forgetting that she made the choices which put her in the spotlight.

That's a good post. I feel bad for the girl, it's going to be difficult for her to take the onslaught of the press. And her "choice" if there ever was one, was taken from her. She's just a kid though, and kids have sex. It shouldn't be held against her, even by the left thinking these aren't the right family values. Sarah had nothing to do with this, and neither she, nor her daughter, should be taken advantage of.

No doubt if it were reversed, the right would be all over her in equal amounts. It's not fair to her, or right, just true, as you said.

Agree with entire post. I feel terrible for Bristol as anybody who has dealt with a pregnant wife knows, women are VERY emotional during pregnancy. I'm sure the rumors/smearing were taking their effect on her and is prob why the news was released.

This should be a none issue, UNLESS it turns out that McCain really didn't know. Then his judgment can be called into question and just might cost him the election.

NY Times Article

The NY Times is reporting it, so it obviously can't be true.

The first link I found was from CBS, so I kept looking...

This was far more likely than Trig being Bristol's.

Again, whose business is this other than the family's? It certainly should not affect Sarah Palin's status as the VP nominee. At least Bristol didn't get an abortion.

So what happens here? Sarah Palin becomes the world's hottest grandmother in a few months. Big friggin' deal.

Agreed. I couldn't care less either way. As long as teens are having sex, some are going to get pregnant. They're going to keep the baby, the baby will be cared for and loved, and is not being born into a family that will neglect it, so not a big deal to me.

Personally I hope this story dies a quick, silent death but we all know that it won't.

Actually Cuomo screwed up the state more than Pataki but wackey Pataki just kept building up the debt.

Did you figure out how your Guard leading Governor is completely unaware of whats going on in a 5 year old war yet?

The fact that you think your "Guard argument" has any basis in reality shows you have little knowledge of how any of that works. But keep pretending you know what the hell you're talking about.

The fact that you think your "Guard argument" has any basis in reality shows you have little knowledge of how any of that works. But keep pretending you know what the hell you're talking about.

What exactly is the "Guard argument"? I'm asking, not telling.

Maj. Gen. Craig Campbell, adjutant general of the Alaska National Guard, considers Palin "extremely responsive and smart" and says she is in charge when it comes to in-state services, such as emergencies and natural disasters where the National Guard is the first responder.

But, in an interview with The Associated Press on Sunday, he said he and Palin play no role in national defense activities, even when they involve the Alaska National Guard. The entire operation is under federal control, and the governor is not briefed on situations.

I even read this...

http://www.ak-prepared.com/DMVA/Documents/...ategic_Plan.pdf

and see no real involvement from the governor, except carry out her prioritities.

What exactly is the "Guard argument"? I'm asking, not telling.

The "Guard argument" is the one the McCain campaign has made on several occasions, that she's "the Commander in Chief of the Alaska National Guard." Implying, of course, that she has experience in national defense issues that would serve her well if McCain kicked the bucket. (Darin knows what her real role is, but most people don't.) That argument was undercut by Maj. Gen. Campbell in the quote you posted, and undercut further by Palin's own admission that she has no idea what's going on in Iraq.

So here it is and we can stop speculating.

Sooooo ... who's going to be honest and admit that if this was one of Joe Biden's kids (or Obama's, although they're too young) you'd be giving it all a pass?

We'd be hearing about "bad parenting" etc. Hey the poor woman is too busy worrying about keeping Alaskan shores safe from Russia and wiping out polar bears to make room for oil derricks...when she's not consulting Wikipedia on the sly to find out (no kidding: she asked) what the VP's job entails.

ABCNews Link

ST. PAUL (Reuters) - The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said on Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

I don't know much about politics and don't know what this will do to the campaign. I don't really care now that Tancredo and Edwards are out.

What I am wondering about given the latest developments, is whether anyone has seen Meazza.

If McCain kicked the bucket would this make him the "First son-in-law"?

Sooooo ... who's going to be honest and admit that if this was one of Joe Biden's kids (or Obama's, although they're too young) you'd be giving it all a pass?

We'd be hearing about "bad parenting" etc. Hey the poor woman is too busy worrying about keeping Alaskan shores safe from Russia and wiping out polar bears to make room for oil derricks...when she's not consulting Wikipedia on the sly to find out (no kidding: she asked) what the VP's job entails.

You are right, but I still don't think it is fair game, even on this board.

I think the reaction would be the same, since they decided to keep the baby and get married. I think Biden would have gotten much easier treatment actually since dems are more free-spirited.

The big news would have been if she chose not to keep the baby, then you would have seen a firestorm. But her keeping the baby and getting married actually downgrades the issue.

Obama has said this is off limits as a campaign subject and if anybody on his campaign had anything to do with the rumors they will be fired.

I don't know what the Republicans on here would do. How did they treat Chelsea Clinton? Did they leave her alone or make fun of her looks?

You are right, but I still don't think it is fair game, even on this board.

I agree. We really should let the kid be. But can we still poke fun at the Hockey Mom-in-Chief?

During her 2006 gubernatorial race...

“Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?” the survey asked, “Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support,” Palin responded.