final cuts are in

dilliards

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omon making the team really speaks volumes about Wright's commitment to the game. Jauron called him out last year and I guess it didn't help much. I'm really glad Johnson made the team too. At 6'1" he brings a little more size to the receiving corp.

Wright was looking good this year as he had some impressive runs, but his fumbles lead to his downfall here in Buffalo.

I'm glad Johnson & Omon made the team. Johnson was catching everything thrown to him, plus he has good size. Hopefully, he'll make an impact this year.

I'm glad Youboty made it as well. :worthy:

+1

Really glad to see Youboty starting to develop into a NFL player and putting his off-field issues behind him. Kid looks like he can play, let's hope he continues progressing in the regular season.

I was dissappointed Buggs didn't make it, i was really rooting for him and well the signing of Will James definitely did not work out as planned ohh well i hope all the right decisions were made.

Oh he did what he was brought in here for; making #26 step it up!! :worthy:

Well I found the cuts and non cuts pretty interesting. Alvin Bowen wasn't cut. Most of the young guys other than Bell lost their jobs because of the Detroit game where they looked really bad.

I think Buffalo is ready to check out the wire and bring some new people in.

So the breakdown is thus:

QB-3

RB-3

FB-1

WR-6

TE-3

OL-9 (including the injured Murphy but excluding the absent Peters)

DE-6 (including LS Ryan Neill)

DT-4

LB-5

CB-5

S-6

K-1

P-1

I thought they'd keep 6 LB's and 4 or 5 safeties. I also don't understand not putting Murphy on IR Murphy, except that they expect Peters to report and didn't want to save a roster spot for someone who would end-up getting cut a few days later and be disappointed.

Well I found the cuts and non cuts pretty interesting. Alvin Bowen wasn't cut. Most of the young guys other than Bell lost their jobs because of the Detroit game where they looked really bad.

I think Buffalo is ready to check out the wire and bring some new people in.

Bowen is on IR. He can't be cut. Besides they really like him, it's a shame he got hurt.

So the breakdown is thus:

QB-3

RB-3

FB-1

WR-6

TE-3

OL-9 (including the injured Murphy but excluding the absent Peters)

DE-6 (including LS Ryan Neill)

DT-4

LB-5

CB-5

S-6

K-1

P-1

I thought they'd keep 6 LB's and 4 or 5 safeties. I also don't understand not putting Murphy on IR Murphy, except that they expect Peters to report and didn't want to save a roster spot for someone who would end-up getting cut a few days later and be disappointed.

Corto is a linebacker now, so they do have 6 LB's and 5 Safties.

Corto is a linebacker now, so they do have 6 LB's and 5 Safties.

I was thinking he was a LB I looked at the roster and saw him listed as a S. But I figured they would have changed it on the roster. So it makes sense now. Although keeping Murphy and not IR'ing him is still odd, unless my theory is correct.

No real surprises I don't think. Except that, unless Shouman is healthy, don't we only have one healthy TE? Something else will definitely happen. I wouldnt doubt if we took back Anderson or Massaquoi and released someone else.

I think this leaves some questionable position scenarios. Only 5 linebackers?? That's a position usually used to support special teams and I thought Costanzo was a standout.

Nine offensive linemen that include a rookie in Bell & an injured Matt Murphy?? Hopefully this is a sign that Peters is ready to report.

Six safeties?? I guess Corto is being considered a LB, although you'd think Wendling would be consdired a better candidate as he's lsited as 1 inch taller & 14 lbs heavier. He also has shown hard hitting. Didn't we just go thru a failed experiment of Coy Wire converting to LB??

I was dissappointed Buggs didn't make it, i was really rooting for him and well the signing of Will James definitely did not work out as planned ohh well i hope all the right decisions were made.

The way they cut him was classless. They cut him with Buggs spray. Ba dum bum!

I think this leaves some questionable position scenarios. Only 5 linebackers?? That's a position usually used to support special teams and I thought Costanzo was a standout.

Nine offensive linemen that include a rookie in Bell & an injured Matt Murphy?? Hopefully this is a sign that Peters is ready to report.

Six safeties?? I guess Corto is being considered a LB, although you'd think Wendling would be consdired a better candidate as he's lsited as 1 inch taller & 14 lbs heavier. He also has shown hard hitting. Didn't we just go thru a failed experiment of Coy Wire converting to LB??

Corto has been playing LB and playing it well. The advantage the Bills have is that DiGorgio can play all three positions and Ellison can play two. So two players would have to go down for Corto to be considered. It's not like he will back-up, say, the Will LB, and then be put in there if the Will LB starter goes down. It looks to me like, for now, they simply decided that Corto was a better prospect than Costanzo. But I wouldn't at all be surprised if there were still 2-4 moves being made.

Because once you report to camp you are not eligible.

Do you mean once they practice in camp?? Carnell (Cadillac) Williams reported to Tampa Bay's camp but wasn't able to practice/play so he went on PUP. He was working out pulling a weighted sled.