Winners and losers from tonights game?

Steely Dan

I just got back from the game. I think Youboty helped himself, but it may be too late. I also think Wright got himself cut with that fumble. He was running and saw the tackler, lowered his shoulder, ready for contact. The ball was on the OTHER side, opposite the defender, and he still coughed it up big. You simply can't do that. Not in the NFL, not in preseason against a weak team's backups. Congrats to Omon.

I'll react with a big yawn, since neither of them will see the field in a regular season game unless catastrophe strikes.

Catastrophe? Not really. 1st and 2nd string RB's are used in every single game, so only one of them needs to miss a game for the 3rd stringer to share some carries. Dwayne Wright had almost 30 carries last year, remember.

Another big winner tonite was Peters. The back-ups on the Oline played so one cannot reasonably expect them to play like starters, but it showed how bad it may well get if injuries like the one which knocked Walker out of the line-up happen and this heightens Peters leverage.

Likewise also, the unfortunate injury to Hamdan should have no effect on our regular season play, but this simply shows how vulnerable the QB position is even under normal circumstances and with Edwards and JP already laid low by QB injury this will heighten the desire of the coaches and GM staff to do all they can to protect the QB.

The main reason I think he will be back soon is that Ralph will gracefully cave.

someone had to turn it into a Peters thread didnt they :beer::thumbsup:

winners - Youboty, Hamdan, Costanzo, Johnson, Bell, Ellis, McKelvin (kick returner)

losers - Wright, OLine (besides Bell)

needs work - McKelvin (CB, and KR..needs to stop catching inside the 5)

I still dont see anything from James or Spragan..not losers but not winners either...I dont want them on the team just because they r vets

Wright...was running and saw the tackler, lowered his shoulder, ready for contact. The ball was on the OTHER side, opposite the defender, and he still coughed it up big.

Also at the game, and I have to agree with that description of the fumble...it was a real surprise to see it pop out. They weren't going for the ball, just a solid hit, but nothing spectacular. Wright saw the hit coming and appeared to have the ball covered up, but...

A shame because I thought he was making good decisions and running pretty well last night (has been all pre-season). He was patient, showed good vision and kept finding holes for some positive yards, without a great deal of help.

I wouldn't count Wright out just yet. In the post-game, DJ just said "there have been a lot of successful RBs who start out being tagged as fumblers and have gone on to do well." Or words to that effect.

I also agree with this. That should be a coach-able defect. I think he makes the team.

Winners-Youboty,Steve Johnson,Xavier Omon did better then Wright so he has the edge,Hardy did good so he might finally be gettin ahold of the offense,Hamdan did decent

Losers-Mayle,Wright(waste of a draft choice),Robert Felton,Dickenson,Courtney Anderson

Damn! Dead on! :thumbsup: Give the man a Klondike bar!

BILLS RELEASE 22 PLAYERS

ORCHARD PARK, NY – The Bills today released the following 22 players.

TE COURTNEY ANDERSON

LB JON BANKS

LB MARCUS BUGGS

LB BLAKE COSTANZO

OL DUSTIN DICKINSON

OL PATRICK ESTES

FB JONATHAN EVANS

OL ROBERT FELTON

CB DUSTIN FOX

OL CHRISTIAN GADDIS

RB BRUCE HALL

WR FELTON HUGGINS