Is there any cooler movie

Than "Predator" when it comes to mindless entertainment? I think not!

"I'm here! Come get me!"

Probably...but I'm hard-pressed to think of one right now.

The greatest thing about Predator is that they actually tried to give it a meaningful plot, with Central American guerillas and tension on the military team between the stated and actual mission and the team members and the CIA...and then, halfway through they figured out "Wait a minute...no one gives a !@#$ about this sh--, they just want to see Arnold fight the alien" and dropped it.

I heard the second one sucked. I've yet to see it, don't want to ruin the mindless entertainment the first one provided for me :thumbsup:

It wasn't good...but I wouldn't say it sucked. Bill Paxton was killed.

Rule of thumb: no movie truly sucks if Bill Paxton gets killed in it. Nothing against Bill Paxton, it just works out that way...Terminator, True Lies (yeah, it was only Arnold thinking about it...but it was still on-screen), Predator 2, Aliens, Tombstone, Vertical Limit (yeah, it wasn't good...but it didn't suck either). A "Bill Paxton Death Film Festival" would be a reasonably creditable screening.

I heard the second one sucked. I've yet to see it, don't want to ruin the mindless entertainment the first one provided for me :thumbsup:

It sucked but in a good way. I mean can anything with Gary Busey be that bad?

Rule of thumb: no movie truly sucks if Bill Paxton gets killed in it. Nothing against Bill Paxton, it just works out that way...Terminator, True Lies (yeah, it was only Arnold thinking about it...but it was still on-screen), Predator 2, Aliens, Tombstone, Vertical Limit (yeah, it wasn't good...but it didn't suck either). A "Bill Paxton Death Film Festival" would be a reasonably creditable screening.

"Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter." - Homer Simpson

The death of Paxson can be equated with the death of Steve Buscemi: Reservoir Dogs, Fargo, "The Sopranos", The Big Lebowski, etc.

Well maybe not equated, but somewhat correlated.

I thought this was a thread about Roadhouse when you asked about a cooler movie. Sam Elliot was the best cooler in the business!

Some great lines in that classic!

Dalton: Pain don't hurt

Steve: Being called a !@#$ isn't personal?

Dalton: No. It's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response.

Steve: What if somebody calls my mama a whore?

Dalton: Is she?

Any movie where Gary Busey gets killed can't be that bad either

Especially when he's killed by an alien space frisbee that cuts him in half! I think I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy Alien v Predator Requim as well.

Than "Predator" when it comes to mindless entertainment? I think not!

"I'm here! Come get me!"

Plan 9 from outer space. :thumbsup:

I heard the second one sucked. I've yet to see it, don't want to ruin the mindless entertainment the first one provided for me :)

The only decent sequel I've seen is Toy Story 2.

Aliens :w00t:

Any movie where Gary Busey gets killed can't be that bad either

If you are watching a Gary Busey film you should be killed. ;)

I'm not one for sequels either, but I saw the second one and it is good.

Predator vs. Alien Requiem is worth a watch too.

He didn't quite die in Weird Science but Jenna Elfman turned him into a blob of goo.