Marshall Faulk

FightClub

Sorry, but I'm just watching the Browns - Lions replay on NFL Network - yes, I actually watch replays of these preseason games - and they had a live check in with Faulk, Sharpe and Deion from the upcoming Bills / Colts game tomorrow, and Faulk was asked something about keys for the Bills (I missed the exact question) but from his answer, apparently we have a new player named Paul Poshsutzky who is important for us.

I haven't heard of this guy, is he new?

:)

Sorry, but I'm just watching the Browns - Lions replay on NFL Network - yes, I actually watch replays of these preseason games - and they had a live check in with Faulk, Sharpe and Deion from the upcoming Bills / Colts game tomorrow, and Faulk was asked something about keys for the Bills (I missed the exact question) but from his answer, apparently we have a new player named Paul Poshsutzky who is important for us.

Marshall is stupid.

EDIT: Oh yah I think the game is live.

He's the linebacker from Penn State we drafted last year...he got hurt a few games in.... dont you remember??

yet another example of unqualified and LAZY former players who don't put the time in, hired as an "analyst". Faulk has been terrible. Emmit terrible.

Is it that the networks and ESPN stupidly believe that guys like this will bring in viewers, or is it the connections and agents they hire to get them gigs, which involves a lot of money changing hands?

the state of NFL broadcasting is a true disgrace. What they need is far fewer former players and more football geeks that actually know all the players names, even those that don't play in NE, Dallas, NY and are not named Favre.

Just found the vido on NFL.com ... I think he's saying "Paul PuzNUTsky ..." :(

Bills/Colts Preview on NFL.com

:thumbsup:

Faulk was regarded as one of the smartest players in the league during his playing days and is generally well spoken and prepared and knows his stuff. Good analyst. And yes, Poz is new. He hardly played last year. There are like 1600 players in the NFL, I can forgive an analyst for mispronouncing the name of some redshirt who hasn't peed a drop in the NFL yet.

Faulk was regarded as one of the smartest players in the league during his playing days and is generally well spoken and prepared and knows his stuff. Good analyst. And yes, Poz is new. He hardly played last year. There are like 1600 players in the NFL, I can forgive an analyst for mispronouncing the name of some redshirt who hasn't peed a drop in the NFL yet.

You clearly didn't see his Bills preview last year, when he mentioned that the team's lone bright spot is Steve Fairchild as the offensive coordinator, and that the team desperately needs a new left tackle... :thumbsup:

He also said that Stephen Jackson was holding out not only because he wanted to get paid, but because it's hard for him to follow as starter after such a great player the Rams had before (Yeah, talking about himself) and he's trying to secure his place in Rams history of sorts :thumbsup:

football intelligence out on the field is very different than being deeply interested in the game and knowing your stuff after you've retired. Every serious football fan, let alone NFL broadcaster, in the country should know who Paul Posluszny is and how to pronounce his name. Seriously he was a major college star at a huge football institution and was a top prospect in the draft just last year. If you pay attention to football you would know how to say his name at least passably.

I get sick of people defending these brain dead ex-player broadcasters that, with very rare exception, get way more things wrong than right. Football lags far behind the other major sports when it comes to tv announcing and it really is mind boggling how the top league in the country, if not the world, can stand for such sub-mediocrity.

football intelligence out on the field is very different than being deeply interested in the game and knowing your stuff after you've retired. Every serious football fan, let alone NFL broadcaster, in the country should know who Paul Posluszny is and how to pronounce his name. Seriously he was a major college star at a huge football institution and was a top prospect in the draft just last year. If you pay attention to football you would know how to say his name at least passably.

I get sick of people defending these brain dead ex-player broadcasters that, with very rare exception, get way more things wrong than right. Football lags far behind the other major sports when it comes to tv announcing and it really is mind boggling how the top league in the country, if not the world, can stand for such sub-mediocrity.

The NFL network looks to me like an affirmative action effort to get ex-players media experience.

Holy crap. AGAIN!?

How retarded is Faulk. Seriously. Great player, but man is he stupid or what? I can't get over it. He's either the most ignornat human being alive or just hates the Bills uncontrollably and does not do any homework. His is the dumbest talking head ever. Period. I am insulted.