If Peters doesn't show

Since Russ Brandon has been doing all the talking anyway, he should come out point blank and say to ESPN, NFL network, whoever, that the Bills do not know if Peters is back to his pre-injury form, because the team hasn't seen him on the football field yet. I think that might spur Peters and/or his agent to finally break their silence.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Russ Brandon has been doing all the talking anyway, he should come out point blank and say to ESPN, NFL network, whoever, that the Bills do not know if Peters is back to his pre-injury form, because the team hasn't seen him on the football field yet. I think that might spur Peters and/or his agent to finally break their silence.

That may be the best idea yet.

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. - THEODORE ROOSEVELT

Chris Brown has already said they don't think that is a concern at all. You want Brandon to go out and lie to gain a couple points with a few fans and piss off his best player even more?

Chris Brown has already said they don't think that is a concern at all. You want Brandon to go out and lie to gain a couple points with a few fans and piss off his best player even more?

Contradicting Chris Brown isn't really a lie, is it?

Contradicting Chris Brown isn't really a lie, is it?

When he is pretty much the spokesperson for the team, and IMO is never going to provide an opinion like that one without it being true, then yes, I think it is a lie. He will give his personal opinions on certain things, many of them, without it being team sanctioned. But I highly, highly doubt it he would ever do it on something like that, which could ultimately hurt the team.

Don't really need Chris Brown, Russ Brandon, or anyone else to say anything at all. It's pretty obvious that something's wrong with Peters, either physically, i.e., he is not in pre-injury form and knows it, or mentally - guy doesn't seem to want to play football anymore.

Contrast that with a guy like Posluszny...

“I just can’t wait to get back out there and just compete, play football and get that good contact on a running back,” Posluszny said. “It’s been way too long since I’ve been in that competitive atmosphere where I’m going against other guys. That first game can’t get here fast enough.”

Link

I'll take a competitor like Poz over a dimwitted malcontent who's lost a step or two after the groin injury and hernia surgery.

Don't really need Chris Brown, Russ Brandon, or anyone else to say anything at all. It's pretty obvious that something's wrong with Peters, either physically, i.e., he is not in pre-injury form and knows it, or mentally - guy doesn't seem to want to play football anymore.

Contrast that with a guy like Posluszny...

“I just can’t wait to get back out there and just compete, play football and get that good contact on a running back,” Posluszny said. “It’s been way too long since I’ve been in that competitive atmosphere where I’m going against other guys. That first game can’t get here fast enough.”

Link

I'll take a competitor like Poz over a dimwitted malcontent who's lost a step or two after the groin injury and hernia surgery.

Ok, it's settled then, Posluzny will play left tackle.

I hope the extra responsibility will not make him want any more $.

When is full disclosure required in the NFL. The Cheatriots make withholding information an artform. Why do the Bills need to go on Oprah and bare their souls?

PTR

I would say to your original post that of course I want a competitor like Poz, who wouldn't. It just doesn't solve our problem of replacing a former Pro Bowl left tackle

Fixed. B-)

You're right though, we don't know who will replace Peters - but someone will, and the Bills will survive without him.

19 and 0 baby!!! :angry:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :lol:

Why don't they think it's a concern? Based upon the type of injury?

If they haven't had any contact with him since then, that could be the only possible reason for them to think he is healthly.

Fixed. B-)

You're right though, we don't know who will replace Peters - but someone will, and the Bills will survive without him.

19 and 0 baby!!! :angry:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :lol:

I don't doubt we'll have someone replace him , but a Pro Bowl left tackle, which in my opinion is the most important on the line, is hard to replace, and especially on short notice

Why don't they think it's a concern? Based upon the type of injury?

If they haven't had any contact with him since then, that could be the only possible reason for them to think he is healthly.

Because Parker is not going to try to get 10 million a year for his client knowing he is damaged goods and it would be found out. He could be banned from the league from doing that. Agents are slimeballs but the chances of that happening are microscopic. The Bills are not going to sign a guy to the biggest contract in team history without him being put through the most extensive physical they have ever given. Surely they have spoken to the doctors. It's not a hugely serious injury. People can surmise all they want that this is a possible reason. To me, it's laughable.

I don't doubt we'll have someone replace him , but a Pro Bowl left tackle, which in my opinion is the most important on the line, is hard to replace, and especially on short notice

Maybe it would be easier if we just got a left-handed quarterback. :angry:

Because Parker is not going to try to get 10 million a year for his client knowing he is damaged goods and it would be found out. He could be banned from the league from doing that. Agents are slimeballs but the chances of that happening are microscopic. The Bills are not going to sign a guy to the biggest contract in team history without him being put through the most extensive physical they have ever given. Surely they have spoken to the doctors. It's not a hugely serious injury. People can surmise all they want that this is a possible reason. To me, it's laughable.

"Damaged goods" is a pretty relative concept though. With a sports hernia, he still could be a fully functional lineman, but maybe just not as good as he was due to the associated pain. Also - it isn't something that can be diagnosed easily by a doctor. Add to that the surgeon who did the job would not disclose Peter's condition without permission. Also, find me one surgeon who would admit that maybe the job wasn't 100% and I'll show you a doctor who is broke.

edit - I'm not saying he is hurt, I'm just saying part of this holdout could be related to him not fully recovering from the sports hernia, and knows his best days are behind him and he wants to cash in while he can.

At this point if JP reports, you have to wonder what kind of contribution you can expect from him. As I understand, he hasn't been around since they cleaned out their lockers last year. You have a new OC with a new scheme, conditioning programs, OTA's and training camp, and he hasn't participated in anything. The guy could be now a big liability out there, and if that is so he could be OVER-PAID at his $3.5 mil. One missed blocking assignment and there goes Trent's season. For everyone that is bound to say, "don't worry he can step in right away", don't forget his single digit Wonderlic score