My Battery died in my Car. I jumped it. Now everything

stevestojan

I think I left the auxilary on in my car overnight (its a push button start so it's fairly easy to do). Anyway, this morning it was dead. A guy in the area had one of those units that charges batteries (so it wasn't jumped from another car). It started back up right away and EVERYTHING (all lights, A/C, even the cigarette lighter plugs where my GPS and Sirius are plugged into.

The radio just won't turn on. The entire display (which also has the clock) won't work. I checked the fuse for "radio" inside the car. It's fine. I checked the one for radio under the hood. Fine.

Any ideas?

It's a 2009 Nissan Murano.

This is what the dash looks like. The large monitor on top is what is out.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/xx-2009-nis...rano-xx/488991/

Yes, I've googled.

Does the radio have an anti-theft feature?

My radio in my Saturn does and won't work when the battery is disconnected. Read the manual to see. Mine died and when I got a new one (the original lasted 7 years!), I did that and it works fine. All your presets are gone though.

My truck stereo has a code you have to type in every time the battery has been disconnected.

Bingo.

RTFM, stojan, and see if the radio's disabled when the power to it is cut off. If so...need to type in the right code to reset it.

I think I left the auxilary on in my car overnight (its a push button start so it's fairly easy to do). Anyway, this morning it was dead. A guy in the area had one of those units that charges batteries (so it wasn't jumped from another car). It started back up right away and EVERYTHING (all lights, A/C, even the cigarette lighter plugs where my GPS and Sirius are plugged into.

The radio just won't turn on. The entire display (which also has the clock) won't work. I checked the fuse for "radio" inside the car. It's fine. I checked the one for radio under the hood. Fine.

Any ideas?

Yes, I've googled.

Shouldn't you call your insurance company?

Any ideas?

Yes, I've googled.

If that display is out, I have doubts about it being anti-theft. Is that display used for more than just your radio? I thought the newer Nissans also used it for things such as climate control? Is there *another* fuse for that display specifically?

For future reference...

"Kastar Hand Tools KAS295A 9 Volt Battery Computer Memory Saver

Product #: KAS295A

List Price: $12.19

Your Price: $9.00 Qty:

Detailed Description:

Automotive computer memory retaining tool designed to maintain the memory of the on-board vehicle computer (CCU) when the power source (battery) is disconnected.

Use of this tool when changing or interrupting the power source prevents loss of certain driveability codes, keyless entry codes, digital radio setting, cellular phone settings and other memory related functions. Prevents loss of radio function on anti-theft radio systems."

http://www.denlorstools.com/home/dt1/page_..._computer_.html

One time I left my interior light on in my parents' garage when they lived on Long Island. I had to call AAA to jump it & I didn't have the code to get the radio back. I called the dealer in Albany & they didn't know it, so I ended up buying a portable TV/Radio for around $10-15 & played the radio on the way home. The code is usually in a separate place from the owner's manual.

1) I've read the owner manual, nadda.

2) I called the dealer and there's no security feature such as this.

3) Yes, that display also shows the A/C controls, but in a separate "section" of the screen. The A/C works fine

4) I called the dealer. They ordered an entire new screen/radio unit.

I am thinking when it was jumped it !@#$ed something up real well.

If they give me any crap about my warranty due to the cause being a jump I will use my GEICO Mechanical Breakdown insurance. $250 ded, but it does luckily cover ANYTHING.

Thanks for the input folks.

If they give me any crap about my warranty due to the cause being a jump I will use my GEICO Mechanical Breakdown insurance. $250 ded, but it does luckily cover ANYTHING.

So easy, a stojan can do it...

I am thinking when it was jumped it !@#$ed something up real well.

...that, on the other hand, is apparently too tough...

So easy, a stojan can do it...

...that, on the other hand, is apparently too tough...

I was ragingly hungover. It was the morning after my bachelor party.

I am now downloading the service manual. The owner's manual is apparently not advanced enough. (I'm getting help from an apparent expert on nissanmurano.org. The scary thing? (and I'm not making this up) his name is NJJOE. But he said if I get him that he would be able to figure out what's wrong.

Eerily similar to our friend Sue.