Bruce Springsteen at the Super Bowl?

PastaJoe

The next Super Bowl is really going to rock. This year, Tom Petty rocked the halftime crowd at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. But Super Bowl XLIII on Feb. 1 in Tampa will feature Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, sources said. "He was just confirmed," a spy added. "Little Stevie (Van Zandt) has already rented out the Hard Rock Café for a party." A Boss rep didn't return calls or e-mails.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08112008/gossi...bowl_123968.htm

If it's true, what three songs would you like him to play?

A little OT again but-

From Springteen.net

BRUCE OFFERS TRIBUTE TO TIM RUSSERT IN CARDIFF

From the stage at Cardiff Millennium Stadium: Saturday June 14.

Introduction before "Thunder Road"

"I'd like to do this tonight for a long time friend of the E Street Band who passed away suddenly.

"Tim Russert was an important unreplacable voice in American journalism. I watched him hold our politicians feet to the fire on many Sunday mornings. He was always a strong voice for honesty and accountability in American government .. but beyond that he was a lovely presence, a good father, husband, and good guy. He was a regular at many E Street Band shows and I'm going to miss looking down and seeing that big smiling face in the crowd.

"We send this out all the way back to the states tonight for his son Luke, his wife Maureen, his dad Big Russ , and all the Russert family.

"Tim , God Bless You, We will miss you..."

A little OT again but-

From Springteen.net

"I'd like to do this tonight for a long time friend of the E Street Band who passed away suddenly.

"Tim Russert was an important unreplacable voice in American journalism. I watched him hold our politicians feet to the fire on many Sunday mornings. He was always a strong voice for honesty and accountability in American government .. but beyond that he was a lovely presence, a good father, husband, and good guy. He was a regular at many E Street Band shows and I'm going to miss looking down and seeing that big smiling face in the crowd.

"We send this out all the way back to the states tonight for his son Luke, his wife Maureen, his dad Big Russ , and all the Russert family.

<_<

Great choice for halftime. Unfortunately Glory Days is sure to be on the playlist. As is Born to run. The third song I think will be Rosalita.

A little OT again but-

From Springteen.net

Russert was a Boss fan?

He knew how to pick his favorites!!

You are just pissed The Pussycat Dolls are already booked. :devil:

He's upset that the Backstreet Boys weren't asked. :)

Russert was a Boss fan?

He knew how to pick his favorites!!

Russert was a HUGE Boss fan. He tried to book Springsteen on his show but Springsteen kept turning him down.

Russert was a HUGE Boss fan. He tried to book Springsteen on his show but Springsteen kept turning him down.

True. I posted here that Russert actually brought Springsteen to Cleveland to play at John Carroll University when Springsteen was almost a complete unknown, sometime around 1973-74. Russert was working as a concert promoter at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The next Super Bowl is really going to rock. This year, Tom Petty rocked the halftime crowd at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. But Super Bowl XLIII on Feb. 1 in Tampa will feature Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, sources said. "He was just confirmed," a spy added. "Little Stevie (Van Zandt) has already rented out the Hard Rock Café for a party." A Boss rep didn't return calls or e-mails.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08112008/gossi...bowl_123968.htm

If it's true, what three songs would you like him to play?

yawwwwwwwwn.... gimme iggy pop