Did anybody noticed Hardy's celebration/reaction on the

Tipster19

All he did was shake hands with JP. It was kind of awkward looking. It wasn't a high five or any big exuberance. I'm not faulting the guy, it just wasn't what I expected. After reading all the stories that have been written about him it's not the type of reaction one would think he'd do. It's hard to put into words but I guess what I'm trying to say that from an emotional standpoint James seems to be still very uncomfortable. This could actually be a great thing because the more that he is at ease with his teammates, who he is and where he's at in life and on the team the more I think he will prosper and bloom.

All he did was shake hands with JP. It was kind of awkward looking. It wasn't a high five or any big exuberance. I'm not faulting the guy, it just wasn't what I expected. After reading all the stories that have been written about him it's not the type of reaction one would think he'd do. It's hard to put into words but I guess what I'm trying to say that from an emotional standpoint James seems to be still very uncomfortable. This could actually be a great thing because the more that he is at ease with his teammates, who he is and where he's at in life and on the team the more I think he will prosper and bloom.

Maybe he didn't want to overreact since earlier he has committed 2 penalties, screwed up that sight adjust, dropped a pass, and caused TE to call a time out because he was in the wrong place.

Maybe he didn't want to overreact since earlier he has committed 2 penalties, screwed up that sight adjust, and caused TE to call a time out because he was in the wrong place.

I think that he may be putting alot of pressure on himself. I went back and forth on trying to evaluate the addition of Hardy on our team and although it might be just a bit quirky but that little scene kind of spoke volumes to me on maybe his mental make-up. I'm suddenly pulling for him big time on and off the field.

I think that he may be putting alot of pressure on himself. I went back and forth on trying to evaluate the addition of Hardy on our team and although it might be just a bit quirky that little scene kind of spoke volumes to me on maybe his mental make-up. I'm suddenly pulling for him big time on and off the field.

He was probably the player I was most interested in seeing live as well. I think he showed what we all knew- He has loads of talent but he's still very raw.

Guest dog14787
Maybe he didn't want to overreact since earlier he has committed 2 penalties, screwed up that sight adjust, and caused TE to call a time out because he was in the wrong place.

:thumbsup:

Actually, at the time they showed Hardy on the sideline with JP, Losman was getting the play from AVP, Shonert and Jauron for the two point conversion. JP was facing the other way talking to the coach, that's why it seemed awkward. Hardy just didnt realize it when he tapped JP on the back. Losman took a second to congratulate him and went right back to the coaches before running on the field.

Actually, at the time they showed Hardy on the sideline with JP, Losman was getting the play from AVP, Shonert and Jauron for the two point conversion. JP was facing the other way talking to the coach, that's why it seemed awkward. Hardy just didnt realize it when he tapped JP on the back. Losman took a second to congratulate him and went right back to the coaches before running on the field.

Thanks Kelly. I'm at work right now but I wonder if I can catch that on my DVR when I get home.

Maybe he didn't want to overreact since earlier he has committed 2 penalties, screwed up that sight adjust, dropped a pass, and caused TE to call a time out because he was in the wrong place.

Yeah, I don't think the humble pie taste was quite out of his mouth. And that's something I'm happy to hear.

Also, it kind of goes along with Marv's ol' "Act like you've been there before."

Hardy said that when he scores a TD, he wants to act like he's been there before. I can't find the link but it was reported only a couple days ago. Hence the lack of emotion.

BTW, when asked after the game about the TD, he said "It was great, but I'm still thinking about the drop and the missed assignments I had." Great response and yes he WAS probably thinking about his mistakes versus the TD catch.

BTW, when asked after the game about the TD, he said "It was great, but I'm still thinking about the drop and the missed assignments I had." Great response and yes he WAS probably thinking about his mistakes versus the TD catch.

Maybe he will be a player rather than a showboat !

So... you're NOT OK with Hardy's rection?

Ever heard of humility? He made quite a few mistakes out there... and said as much in his sideline interview with Catalana. Why celebrate a not so good overall night just because JP dropped a perfect pass in your lap in the endzone? Its not like the guy got wide open or made a spectacular grab. Marv Levy once told Thurman Thomas that when he got to the endzone to "act like he'd been there before".... in other words, not like he was lucky and just won the lottery.

Ever heard of humility? He made quite a few mistakes out there... and said as much in his sideline interview with Catalana. Why celebrate a not so good overall night just because JP dropped a perfect pass in your lap in the endzone? Its not like the guy got wide open or made a spectacular grab. Marv Levy once told Thurman Thomas that when he got to the endzone to "act like he'd been there before".... in other words, not like he was lucky and just won the lottery.

Oh, I think that was the equivalent of a great if not spectacular grab. His timing, his mild legal pushoff for separation and reach for the ball right at the right time in the endzone was fantastic. Some players are the hockey equivalent of "goal scorers". The guy had a nose for the endzone in college and did it in his first game in the NFL. That play, IMO, was easily the most important takeaway from this game.

I'm not faulting the guy, it just wasn't what I expected. This could actually be a great thing because the more that he is at ease with his teammates, who he is and where he's at in life and on the team the more I think he will prosper and bloom.

There's your answer.

Oh, I think that was the equivalent of a great if not spectacular grab. His timing, his mild legal pushoff for separation and reach for the ball right at the right time in the endzone was fantastic. Some players are the hockey equivalent of "goal scorers". The guy had a nose for the endzone in college and did it in his first game in the NFL. That play, IMO, was easily the most important takeaway from this game.

I agree. I haven't gotten to see the whole game but so far that is by far my favorite play. It was a fantastic play and one we can build on as in confidence and production. I thought JP laid it in there perfectly and James was real smooth.

Guest dog14787

Losman looked pretty darn good yesterday, I like JP allot and for him to show the spark and attiude he's showing just goes to show what kind of a human being he is, a team player all the way.

JP Losman is a class act in my book :thumbsup:

One more thing, we should let our QB's compete for the start and I'm not saying this to be smart. JP Losman could be a late bloomer, having an average team around him at best, repeated coaching changes and a poor excuse for an OC, it would not surprise me a bit if now that we have boosted the talent around him and show a more stable enviroment from a coaching standpoint that JP Losman excels :thumbsup: